Police Scotland tell Celtic fans to behave

Mentioned on another thread that I was at a gig at the Barrowlands yesterday.
Walking up Argyle Street about 6.30 and it was full of them, the majority quite openly drinking in the street, also the busker outside M&S was in full IRA song mode, with some of them joining in over his mic.
Plenty of plod about turning a blind eye to this and the throwing of bottles. I'd assume this was the approach from above.
Saw one fat tim woman throwing up all over herself, another with blood pishing out a leg wound.
Most of them were away by the time the gig ended, but saw one getting treated by paramedics.
Counted around 15 bin lorries and road sweeps on the walk back to central, so the big clean up was well unferway.
The place was not surprisingly stinking and you hear the broken glass crunching under your feet when walking.

They won’t even wait a year - just watch the total clampdown and zero tolerance approach next week in the city centre should we win the Scottish cup
Batons will be drawn and police units will deploy aggressive tactics in the city if we win next week. Nothing surer.

I sincerely hope so.
We had our jolly in George Square but this can't be allowed to continue every May.
Huge numbers of football fans celebrating on the streets in a bitterly divided city is a recipe for trouble and mayhem.

Celebrate of course but not in this fashion.
There were Tim fans involved in George Square

Have they got something on at the Saville today? On a bus into town and there at least 6 in clown suits that got off around Rutherglen bridge near Dalmarnock

A few Bernadettes and wee Declan’s along the road at the Esso

Might just be going to mass in their best clathes I suppose

Have they got something on at the Saville today? On a bus into town and there at least 6 in clown suits that got off around Rutherglen bridge near Dalmarnock

A few Bernadettes and wee Declan’s along the road at the Esso

Might just be going to mass in their best clathes I suppose
Their women's game is at Parkhead

Tons of litter, fighting and pishing and general anti social behaviour and neddery at a gathering of thousands of buckie fueled Scots on a hot day.
Its happens. Its Scottish culture, sadly.
Yes it's the scum this time but we have been there and every other mad gathering such as Trnsmt etc is the same.
Folk really need to get over i

Tons of litter, fighting and pishing and general anti social behaviour and neddery at a gathering of thousands of buckie fueled Scots on a hot day.
Yes it's the scum this time but we have been there and every other mad gathering such as Trnsmt etc is the same.
its the lack of condemnation. We had our celebrations at george square which was described as a riot rather than football fan celebrations. Papers running articles for weeks, several politicians making comments and angry outbursts, paramedics posing as if they are in a warzone. Our actions are analysed with a microscope. Tim's do this yearly now and the wreckage and destruction is ignored in the media. People don't understand large gatherings with alcohol will lead to litter and antisocial behaviour however when it's Rangers that fact is overlooked and we are treated like animals. The Tim's go on a regular rampage and no one in a political or media position calls them out for it. I'm so sick of the double standards and glaring hypocrisy, I think that's mostly the angle of most posters on this thread. No ones saying Rangers fans are angels but again we got battered and slagged to bits for it. The Tim's seem to get borderline praise.

its the lack of condemnation. We had our celebrations at george square which was described as a riot rather than football fan celebrations. Papers running articles for weeks, several politicians making comments and angry outbursts, paramedics posing as if they are in a warzone. Our actions are analysed with a microscope. Tim's do this yearly now and the wreckage and destruction is ignored in the media. People don't understand large gatherings with alcohol will lead to litter and antisocial behaviour however when it's Rangers that fact is overlooked and we are treated like animals. The Tim's go on a regular rampage and no one in a political or media position calls them out for it. I'm so sick of the double standards and glaring hypocrisy, I think that's mostly the angle of most posters on this thread. No ones saying Rangers fans are angels but again we got battered and slagged to bits for it. The Tim's seem to get articles like "FANtatic" and nonsense like that.

Nice graffiti on the old landmark - classy
r8kfs5wux81d1.jpeg

It’s the reaction from the police, politicians and the media that’s the problem.

If it’s us it’s “a disgrace” and commented on for weeks. They do it and hardly a peep.
How many have actually bothered to go on to social media & post the images and even the story from the Scottish Express and ask MSPs such as Russell Findlay, Alison Thewliss ( this is her constituency) and Angela Constance who is meant to be the Justice minister for their comments? Remember to remind them about the police officers assaulted. Unless we speak up and ask questions they will keep getting away with things like this.

This is the link for the Scottish Express article which could be included in your post

@alisonthewliss

@RussellFindlay1

@AConstance23

Last edited:
The difference in how it’s policed and reported in the media is the issue

its the lack of condemnation. We had our celebrations at george square which was described as a riot rather than football fan celebrations. Papers running articles for weeks, several politicians making comments and angry outbursts, paramedics posing as if they are in a warzone. Our actions are analysed with a microscope. Tim's do this yearly now and the wreckage and destruction is ignored in the media. People don't understand large gatherings with alcohol will lead to litter and antisocial behaviour however when it's Rangers that fact is overlooked and we are treated like animals. The Tim's go on a regular rampage and no one in a political or media position calls them out for it. I'm so sick of the double standards and glaring hypocrisy, I think that's mostly the angle of most posters on this thread. No ones saying Rangers fans are angels but again we got battered and slagged to bits for it. The Tim's seem to get borderline praise.
Just wait until the Protestant Loyal Order parades get into full swing, Media will be going loopy and calling us knuckle daggers etc etc. 3 people get arrested for singing naughty songs, and it will be splashed all over the papers and will get a 2 day discussion in Hollyrood, on how we need to clampdown on these sectarian zealots.

And their title for an incomplete season? Or cup win in a totally different season with totally different squads?
They don't want to recognise ours then they can score 2 of their own shameful History

Your second sentence is important and should never be forgotten. You need to register your squads before or during the season for the SC. I'm imagining before you play a tie.

It shows the collusion between the authorities and the filth that those rules were trampled over for the next season allowing the filth a tilt at another cup win/treble.

I agree to an extent, and didn’t go anywhere near George Square when we won the league because a degree of bampottery was inevitable.

The problem is the George Square trouble was plastered all the papers/news etc with politicians issuing condemnation left right and centre.

The issues yesterday, and the similar ones last year, will be passed off as a few bad apples.

Haw Kissinger, gie's peace.

People on here are angry at the hypocrisy of politicians and the press.

When they treat us with parity we'll get over it.

What a steaming pile of bullshit.

Regardless it's now time to put an end to this mayhem.

And if they win the title again next season, do you honestly think there will be any conviction from RC politicians and journalists coming out and standing up against it happening again?

They are out of control and have been allowed to do so by politicians, the media and plod for the last two decades and more.

And if they win the title again next season, do you honestly think there will be any conviction from RC politicians and journalists coming out and standing up against it happening again?

They are out of control and have been allowed to do so by politicians, the media and plod for the last two decades and more.
If they win the league next year they'll be equal to us on titles and they'll be worse.

This is in the Scottish Express​

'Unacceptable' Celtic Glasgow title celebrations marred by violence as 19 people arrested and four cops injured​

Glasgow City Council has hit out at Hoops supporters who gathered in Trongate and Glasgow Cross to celebrate Brendan Rodgers leading the side to a third Scottish Premiership title in a row.

Celtic fans have been blasted by Glasgow City Council as title celebrations in the city were marred by brawls, litter and potential criminal damage. Thousands of Hoops supporters descended on Trongate to mark the third Scottish Premiership league title win in a row.

And cops confirmed that 19 people had been arrested in relation to the gathering, with four police officers injured and receiving medical treatment.

Brendan Rodgers men secured the league with a decisive victory over Kilmarnock on Wednesday meaning it was party time when the team took on St Mirren at Parkhead on Saturday. The game finished 3-2 to the home side, sparking jubilant scenes in the stadium and also in the streets of Glasgow.

But the local authority have been left raging, claiming that the "damage, disruption and antisocial behaviour" of the celebration was "unacceptable." The cash-strapped council will need to count the costs of any potential damage to the likes of traffic lights and bus stops, as well as the clean up bill.

Fans were pictured climbing on traffic lights, bus stops and structures, with flares being lit and supporters openly drinking alcohol on the streets, which were littered with rubbish after the crowd left in the evening. Council officials commended the "exceptional clean-up effort" which took place overnight.
https://lovetodream.com/gb-en/shop-by-development-uk/stage-1-newborn-swaddling
A spokesperson for the local authority said: "As crowds began to disperse last night, they left a substantial amount of litter, debris and broken glass in a wide area around Glasgow Cross. After an exceptional clean-up effort by our teams overnight, the area is now clear – including the course for the Cancer Research UK Race for Life, which is taking place this morning.

here has been damage to infrastructure such as bus stops and traffic signals, but we do not yet know the full extent of what repairs will be necessary. This kind of damage, disruption and antisocial behaviour remains unacceptable. It should be possible to celebrate and show a basic level of consideration for others in the city at the same time.”

While the majority of the jubilant supporters celebrated respectfully, there were some outbreaks of violence, with shocking footage of brawls being shared on social media. One clip showed a man being knocked unconscious with a single punch on the Trongate.

The video captured one man being punched to the ground and seemingly knocked unconscious, with a crowd forming near a bus stop. Another male in green can be seen punching twice at a victim with his top off, as they fall backwards and lie spreadeagled as others rush around to offer their assistance.

Someone appears to put the man in the recovery position as the video ends. Other videos show punch-ups involving fans as some of the celebrations turned violent.​

Footage also showed fans kicking a ball around and batting a huge beach ball in the air, with some perched on top of traffic lights around Glasgow Cross and Trongate, with many going "taps aff" due to the weather. One bus stop in Trongage had nine fans standing on the roof, while the local authority closed roads citing a "large gathering of football fans".

Superintendent John Menzies said: "I would like to thank our partner agencies and the wider public for their support. Unfortunately, we experienced some disorder including the use of pyrotechnics and alcohol-related offences. We took robust action to prevent these escalating. Violence and assaults on members of the public or police officers is completely unacceptable and we continue to work to identify those responsible."

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/lifestyle/property/iconic-sub-crawl-stop-up-32816115
How did the rest of the media miss this ….

Just wait until the Protestant Loyal Order parades get into full swing, Media will be going loopy and calling us knuckle daggers etc etc. 3 people get arrested for singing naughty songs, and it will be splashed all over the papers and will get a 2 day discussion in Hollyrood, on how we need to clampdown on these sectarian zealots.
Totally agree SimonLeBon. Its all so predictable. People in positions of power and article publishing capabilities willfully ignore actions of others to condemn one group in particular. They separate the different occasions, ignore other clearly and obvious disorders so they can gorge on their own prejudices.

The beasts still go on about George Square, why the fukk should we "get over" them rioting yesterday ??

Ĺ
Do they aye.
I am well possible away older than your good self sir. I have been involved in many a celebration with Rangers fans at home and in many European cities on our travels.
It would be fair to say i have seen some nonsense behaviour in my time but never in my travels with our fans have i seen bearettes spread over car bonnets getting rode. So you can dress it up as you please but they are a different level of scum pal.

The beasts still go on about George Square, why the fukk should we "get over" them rioting yesterday ??
Exactly - I asked a Tim I know if he was up the town yesterday as a major incident had been declared and his response was ‘what about the benches?’

I then said it’s shite news about folk getting battered not point scoring, but when the media fail to call them out quickly the it’s up to us as we get annihilated for it

As we can get 50,000 inside Ibrox, why not have Edmiston Drive closed off, and celebrations round Ibrox with our own. Keep the stadium and NEH open for toilets, with catering inside and outside, in short **** you!
you Republican Scum within GCC and give them no chance to moan their Republican Tears!

It's the gathering part that's the issue. Organised events with large numbers do have issues. We met up after a long time with no success in the middle.ofna lockdown after being refused permission to open up Ibrox. We damaged a few benches and a couple of flower beds. They never gathered like this before that. It's been an imitation, like everything they do. But the damage they cause is so much more significant and at larger cost than anything we done, but the policing and reporting of it is so far apart...

Ĺ

Do they aye.
I am well possible away older than your good self sir. I have been involved in many a celebration with Rangers fans at home and in many European cities on our travels.
It would be fair to say i have seen some nonsense behaviour in my time but never in my travels with our fans have i seen bearettes spread over car bonnets getting rode. So you can dress it up as you please but they are a different level of scum pal.

Bernadette the bonnet years. I never watched that one. Hell, I'd be tempted to buy it.

Last edited:
The fat mess just cannot say Celtic fans can she and just condemn their support!

"It's depressing & unacceptable that yet again a significant number of grown adults are unable to celebrate their team's success while also respecting fellow citizens & public property"

Susan Aitken Glasgow City Council Leader

Last edited:
Back