Poll - Should Rangers do a full Media Release highlighting the Double Standards table?

Should Rangers FC do a national Media Release highlighting the Double Standards table?

• Yes

Votes: 441 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 170 27.8%

• Total voters
Please read at least this opening post before voting.

In the last two games we have humped the two Edinburgh sides by a combined score of 7-0, so the release I am recommending could in no way be interpreted as sour grapes. Also, since the last time I studied this table, which clearly shows that Celtic need to commit twice as many fouls as Rangers to receive a yellow or red card, the sample of 26 League games each has gained even more credibility by its increasing size, not to mention some of the abominable decisions we have all witnessed over the past few days.

This League race (with the biggest prize ever) looks like being extremely close, and if we miss out on having key players available for vital matches, that could make all the difference between retaining the Title, or not. If this increases pressure on referees, well too bad - they have brought it all upon themselves with a combination of bias and cowardice.

The table deserves the widest possible audience, which is why I am voting Yes to this poll, as I honestly believe that if these sordid practices are not stopped, then the financial implications of losing the Title this season, will set us back for years to come, and so I believe that our Board would be negligent in their duties, if they fail to highlight these "inconsistencies".

As a final note, does anyone here think if such huge inconsistencies existed in our favour, then our opponents would already not have gone nuclear over it? In the interests of sporting integrity, we need to get this out there.

Rangers need to start putting the narrative out there.

For so long we hear about refs giving everything to Rangers. And we say nothing.

If we don’t say anything about the multitude of ridiculous offside goals they get, penalties they have escaped, repeated fouls they get away with, then nobody will.

We need to take control of the conversation in this country, because it is one sided and has been for some time now.

Yes, we should go public with it, but the problem we have is that in 2022 the media and social media largely is about narrative rather than facts. A lot of the public has not caught up with this. Look at the reporting on the fake Sweet Caroline video. Too many people look at that and discuss that as if there was even a genuine complaint - they don't notice that it was pure narrative, a fake outrage drummed up for political reasons by power mad bigots like Youssaf and Dornan.

Trouble is that we don't have control of the narrative in Scotland. Scotland needs somebody to create a new media organisation that consistently challenges the news and sport narratives pushed by the BBC, STV, and The National. Online, video, podcasts. It would attract a large audience, and advertising. If that existed, we would have a shout of getting a fair hearing. But it doesn't, so any effort to put the facts out there will be met with sneering about sour grapes, desperation etc, and the Celt*c friendly media propagandists would explain it away with more lies.

I'll just add that social media can be a very effective outlet for us to push back, but it depends on the circumstances. The Heart & Hand backlash against the Record was a huge example of what we can achieve (even if we mainly just shut them up). But it only seems to work under certain circumstances - in that case, the rank hypocrisy of the people who were attacking H&H was all over the internet. We weren't able to take control of the narrative on George Square as successfully, in spite of our large numbers and the fact that it was easy to demonstrate a double standard at play.

Last edited:
Don't need to release the statistics. Just release a statement asking for clarification on why the refereeing in this country is producing such, on the face of it, unusual anomalies in the statistics. At the same time, call for VAR to help our officials. Ask for clarification for what constitutes an automatic booking and how many fouls someone can make before it's deemed persistent fouling.

They make a lot of noise about being pass masters of the universe and the xG table, but they've got %^*& all to say about the booking/foul ratio or offside goal table.

Ah. I understand what you're getting at now, and no.

The club shouldn't do that in an official capacity, that's for things like H&H, 4Lads and other Rangers media outlets to do.

The club can't be seen to be weak on this, "Oh but this and that" just looks like we're giving up the fight.

No excuses, get the remaining games won and leave no doubts for referees to impact the games.

And if some Rangers media outlets want to release the facts on this or that, that's up to them. Or the likes of Boyd, Alex Rae etc on their social media.

But the club, no.

Whatever friends we have in the media, perhaps TalkSport? We should be pushing that yet again we are in discussions with the SFA over the standard of officiating, we are yet again having discussions over employing FT refs, installing VAR and then this is where we’d need a media partner to call out why this is the case. A direct and public tweet will do nothing but be a sideshow for what actually needs to happen

Don't need to release the statistics. Just release a statement asking for clarification on why the refereeing in this country is producing such, on the face of it, unusual anomalies in the statistics. At the same time, call for VAR to help our officials. Ask for clarification for what constitutes an automatic booking and how many fouls someone can make before it's deemed persistent fouling.

They make a lot of noise about being pass masters of the universe and the xG table, but they've got %^*& all to say about the booking/foul ratio or offside goal table.
It should be made a rule that referees must declare which club they support. They should then be automatically barred from refereeing a game that involves their club of choice. With Mulvanney a proven Celtic fan awarding offside goals last night and against hearts previously, he has handed them 6 points. This is obviously a conflict of interest which undermines the whole competition.

Apparently, Celtc committed more fouls than any other team in the SPFL games played last night. 17 fouls - one yellow card.

No doubt they'll " win " the Fair Play Award again this season, due to the least yellow and red cards issued.

It should be made a rule that referees must declare which club they support. They should then be automatically barred from refereeing a game that involves their club of choice. With Mulvanney a proven Celtic fan awarding offside goals last night and against hearts previously, he has handed them 6 points. This is obviously a conflict of interest which undermines the whole competition.

Mulvanny is a big a cheat as Clancy and should be hounded our Professional football. He has proved he can not be impartial.

If inconsistencies existed in our favour Celtic wouldn't have to high light this, the mhedia would be all over itputting pressure on those in charge
Bang on the money …. There is a co-ordinated effort at the moment to portray us as getting all the decisions by the mhank media, even though the stats prove otherwise ……….Celtic don’t even need to get their hands dirty

Its incredible we dont speak about it im not saying that will stop it but the whole shitebag respect and dignity stuff never works, i have no time for paranoid supporters that only want to speak about timothy we are being cheated every week if its not us then the tims are getting the help... in a tight title race the decisions are vital. We are not so far ahead of Celtic that we can afford to ignore it both sides are evenly matched.

Everyone connected to the club should be screaming from the rooftops the refs are biased its not as if we dont have any evidence to back it up.

The club should have brought in an ex referee to do a study and report on each of our games to highlight the inconsistency, incompetence and blatant favouritism towards our opponents. Strange how sky TV doesn't seek the opinions of ex English Irish referee Dermot Gallagher as they were doing when they were dissecting dodgy decisions not so long ago.
Someone like Jeff Winter would have been a good choice to highlight the cheating refereeing that goes on in scotshit football.
Maybe shame some of them enough to make them give honest performances

The only answer is yes, anything else is a derelict of Juty from Rangers.

It's the 1 major issue I have with the club and board. What exactly do they think we're getting out of not calling it out?

The club should have brought in an ex referee to do a study and report on each of our games to highlight the inconsistency, incompetence and blatant favouritism towards our opponents. Strange how sky TV doesn't seek the opinions of ex English Irish referee Dermot Gallagher as they were doing when they were dissecting dodgy decisions not so long ago.
Someone like Jeff Winter would have been a good choice to highlight the cheating refereeing that goes on in scotshit football.
Maybe shame some of them enough to make them give honest performances

I'll never tire of saying it. That mob would be sitting mid-table without the countless one-way traffic of game-changing decisions in their favour this season. They should be nowhere near us in the table.

Would that mob sit back if it was them on the receiving .I think we better refresh our memories they already have had their go at the Officials at their AGM it’s working a fcuking charm.

Stats
Over the season so far

Rangers fouls 290 Yellow cards 45 Fouls per card 6.4
Timmy fouls 310 Yellow cards 30 Fouls per card 10.3

Last two games
Rangers 26 fouls, 5 yellow
Timmy 30 fouls 2 Yellow

We're one point behind in this league.
Every early booking affects a game.

As a club, no of course we should not.

The fact that if it was the other way around the media would already be rolling with it for celtc hints at a failing in our media dealings.
Yes. There is no “full media” we can go to with anything. We could put it out on Rangers podcasts so we can talk about it again amongst ourselves.

The Japanese guy in midfield had 2 challenges in the first half that were both booking offences he never got booked for any of them. Never shown on Sportscene either.

Has any club or manager ever commented on refereeing in a match that doesn't involve their own team ? - If they have I genuinely cannot remember it.

Stats
Over the season so far

Last two games
Timmy 30 fouls 2 Yellow

20 more fouls and 15 cards less that’s 50% more likely to get booked

Yep they moan at every stonewall decision we get to put refs under pressure not to give and it works with the most recent Kent's jersey pulled in the box ignored against Hibs!

So yes imo and its about time other clubs who have suffered at the hands of Celtic and match officials wrong decisions do the same and highlight the unjust damage to the integrity of the once known as the beautiful game but in recent years here in Scotland you could be forgiven for thinking it as the tainted and stained game way it has been run?

Ah. I understand what you're getting at now, and no.

The club shouldn't do that in an official capacity, that's for things like H&H, 4Lads and other Rangers media outlets to do.

The club can't be seen to be weak on this, "Oh but this and that" just looks like we're giving up the fight.

No excuses, get the remaining games won and leave no doubts for referees to impact the games.

And if some Rangers media outlets want to release the facts on this or that, that's up to them. Or the likes of Boyd, Alex Rae etc on their social media.

But the club, no.

I disagree. I disagree to the point I'm wondering what planet you are coming from?

What media clout do these guys have? Sod all, and that is not a dig. The double H received publicity this season for one reason alone. Unless nonsense from years ago can get dug up to get into, and use against us, Rangers media outlets are largely ignored.

On the other hand, if the club comes out and challenges all things corrupt, on a continual basis, the media have no recourse but to publicise it.

The Barry fergusons and Boyds of the world should be highlighting this table in their weekly columns.
Or follow follow organises a campaign to flood social media with it and get it viral pointing out that refs are being intimidated into not applying the rules.
I would imagine that the editors of the rags they write for wouldn’t be keen tbf

Does anyone think we get through 45 minutes of football without a yellow card if we are guilty of these infringements.
Also, note Jota in the GIF in with the fans after scoring.
Our players are booked if the fans come on to the field.

giphy.gif

If it was happening in reverse, Celtc's media goons would long ago have flagged up the glaring discrepancies in refereeing, yellow cards for fouls committed, etc.

They've got away with murder this season.
And we have loonballs on here saying no to the OP's question !

This is the talent pool that frequents FF :rolleyes:

It is us fans that a being defrauded out of watching a fair contest between two teams by the inept displays from SFA referees.
It’s long overdue that that the club should be coming out and nailing this lot.
The financial carrot this year making it even more important as well as hopefully achieving 56.
After last two results it cannot be seen as sour grapes, unlike the other mhob when results don’t go their way.
Week in week out, we are unfairly being refereed.
These yellows being dished out to our players is going to bite us on the arse.

I disagree. I disagree to the point I'm wondering what planet you are coming from?

What media clout do these guys have? Sod all, and that is not a dig. The double H received publicity this season for one reason alone. Unless nonsense from years ago can get dug up to get into, and use against us, Rangers media outlets are largely ignored.

On the other hand, if the club comes out and challenges all things corrupt, on a continual basis, the media have no recourse but to publicise it.
Agree, of a sort. They would publicise it - but in a scornful manner.

One thing we need to know before we jump up and down here is what bookings are for.
We have to remove bookings for dissent, time wasting and any other non physical reason.

That is a pretty sizeable majority in favour, I'd say.

The fact that so many Rangers supporters have either not seen these statistics in tabular form - never mind the outside world - is confirmation that these stats are not in the public domain, thus facilitating refs continuing to promote double standards.

The full table of all SPFL teams needs published, as you can see there is a difference, but the biggest single difference is between Rangers and Celtic.

Interestingly enough, the ratios for both clubs experience in Europe showed nearly identical ratios, roughly 7 fouls per booking for each club IIRC.

One thing we need to know before we jump up and down here is what bookings are for.
We have to remove bookings for dissent, time wasting and any other non physical reason.
Why? Are certain teams less likely to be booked for that? I've seen a lot of time wasting in Rangers games this season and the only booking I remember is Alan McGregor.

If you have a 12 team league and 11 of them fall within fairly narrow parameters statistically and there is 1 team that is a massive outlier, then can we have an explanation for it? Is there another league in football with similar anomalies?

Why is there no appetite to discuss this in the media, when they were quite happy running a story about the number of penalties Rangers have had within a time frame they set? Where's the "most offside goals since 2018" story?

Why has a club which at it's own AGM told it's own supporters that it regularly "seeks clarification" about refereeing decisions never asked for VAR?

Why is every ex celtic player with a soap box so against it?

Stats
Over the season so far

Last two games
Timmy 30 fouls 2 Yellow

All they have to do is make these tables and stats the backdrop of tv interviews and social media drives . Subliminal .

Back