Poll - Should Rangers do a full Media Release highlighting the Double Standards table?

Should Rangers FC do a national Media Release highlighting the Double Standards table?

• Yes

Votes: 441 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 170 27.8%

• Total voters
I voted no. It wouldn't work, if anything it would have the opposite effect.

The club should be engaging with friendly sources in the media like Boyd, Chris Jack, McCoist etc to spearhead this sort of thing. Wheel out a big name that doesn't often appear like Gough to bring it up on Radio Scotland.

But most fans want nothing to do with the media. So it's a vicious cycle.

Time for the club to take a public stand against certain referees and linesman who are consistently the repeat offenders with mind boggling decisions, double standards and clear bias against our club.

It's no longer a case of oh well you get some you don't, or , it all evens out over the course of a season.

It's beyond incompetence and it's outright cheating.

Stats
Over the season so far

Rangers fouls 290 Yellow cards 45 Fouls per card 6.4
Timmy fouls 310 Yellow cards 30 Fouls per card 10.3

Last two games
Rangers 26 fouls, 5 yellow
Timmy 30 fouls 2 Yellow

We're one point behind in this league.
Every early booking affects a game.
We did some fkn stupid tackles/ fouls last night.
Tav got booked for diving in like an idiot at the half way line. Why ?
There are undoubtedly decisions going against us, but we're not helping ourselves either.

We did some fkn stupid tackles/ fouls last night.
Tav got booked for diving in like an idiot at the half way line. Why ?
There are undoubtedly decisions going against us, but we're not helping ourselves either.
Where has anyone said our bookings weren’t deserved? Watch the video of the Aberdeen game and see if you can spot the difference!

Voted yes, and throw in a referee strike or walk-out when clancy is given our games to ref.
%^*& em all. When the footballing authority and referee group are infested with them then you know it's time to stop the dignified silence.

Only professional referees not brought up as irish tims will do for me.

Maybe the newspapers will run with these stats like they did with the penalty statistics
The above could be used as part of the release in highlighting the bias of reporting.

Personally I think if the club released it, the story would be lost in the negative press condemning Rangers for trying to manipule the referees or how we are panicking about a title challenge.

For that reason I will vote no however I think one of our media partners should definitely highlight it

Yes! This would be the ideal time to highlight it, you can bet the other mhob would have done it by now

It would certainly get noticed if the club made a statement, not so much by the podcast guys - It would just be like here an echo chamber.

What we really need is our prominant people in the media highlighting it at every opportunity Super,Boyd etc

The problem is MSM are highly unlikely to run with it at least up here. IMO It has to be pre-emptive if we wait until the club drop points because of it, it's just sounding like sour grapes.

We also control the press conference and those questions go mainstream.Ask Gio for his thoughts and when he obviously looks surprised highlight it.

Does anyone think we get through 45 minutes of football without a yellow card if we are guilty of these infringements.
Also, note Jota in the GIF in with the fans after scoring.
Our players are booked if the fans come on to the field.
The only yellow card tackles there are both from Hetate. The one on 28 mins is a certain yellow, could be argued both are but I'd expect him to be booked for at least one of them.

Incidentally, I assumed from all their chat that Jota's first was wrongly ruled out for offside. It's cleary chopped off for his push on the sheep defender, nothing said about that in the media though!!

Please read at least this opening post before voting.

In the last two games we have humped the two Edinburgh sides by a combined score of 7-0, so the release I am recommending could in no way be interpreted as sour grapes. Also, since the last time I studied this table, which clearly shows that Celtic need to commit twice as many fouls as Rangers to receive a yellow or red card, the sample of 26 League games each has gained even more credibility by its increasing size, not to mention some of the abominable decisions we have all witnessed over the past few days.

This League race (with the biggest prize ever) looks like being extremely close, and if we miss out on having key players available for vital matches, that could make all the difference between retaining the Title, or not. If this increases pressure on referees, well too bad - they have brought it all upon themselves with a combination of bias and cowardice.

The table deserves the widest possible audience, which is why I am voting Yes to this poll, as I honestly believe that if these sordid practices are not stopped, then the financial implications of losing the Title this season, will set us back for years to come, and so I believe that our Board would be negligent in their duties, if they fail to highlight these "inconsistencies".

As a final note, does anyone here think if such huge inconsistencies existed in our favour, then our opponents would already not have gone nuclear over it? In the interests of sporting integrity, we need to get this out there.
Did you notice Clancy trying to book the whole Livi team out of the next septic game……

The only yellow card tackles there are both from Hetate. The one on 28 mins is a certain yellow, could be argued both are but I'd expect him to be booked for at least one of them.

Incidentally, I assumed from all their chat that Jota's first was wrongly ruled out for offside. It's cleary chopped off for his push on the sheep defender, nothing said about that in the media though!!
That's the point though.
They had two possible yellow tackles and received no cards.
We had two tackles last week, with the same ref, that weren't even fouls yet our players got a foul against AND a yellow card.
So, in these games Rangers end the 1st half with two yellow cards on defenders. Sellic end the 1st half with no yellows. It's what the thread is about.
You watch all the non fouls here.

They should be questioning this behind the scenes but it's been going on for about 20 odd years if you check the stats back.

They should be asking guys like Boyd and McCoist to highlight it on TV/radio. Not that they should need asked right enough

They should be questioning this behind the scenes but it's been going on for about 20 odd years if you check the stats back.

They should be asking guys like Boyd and McCoist to highlight it on TV/radio. Not that they should need asked right enough
My point here is that if the boot was on the other foot, not only would Celtic be going tonto behind the scenes, and also using their media lackeys, but they would be very public and very vocal about how they could be denied the League Title by what amounts to fraudulent double standards.

Are we just supposed to suck it up, and hope it all turns out well in the end?

Back