Pompey fans, what's not to like.

My cousin is a Brighton fan, and his best mate was a pompey fan. We took them to Ibrox one time they were up (mojos first goal v Aberdeen). Cunto won the first goalscorer sweep on the bus lol.

My son in law is at their game with Carlisle today, and he's telling me, Build My Gallows & FTP and IRA are getting belted out big time.
Auld fart here, but what's the deal, and how many other English teams sing these songs,??
Worked down in the dockyard a few years ago and plenty of Govan lads down there. We all went to a pub to watch an old firm game and there was 100s there I ended up sitting on the floor with no room to move .

Carlisle are stauncher than pompey. Southern softies
That staunch a place, ra Hibee and ra sellick republicans, go there to be offended and knock lumps out one another :D

Not a slight on the good fans or people of Carlisle who are well bred and committed to our way of life.

The mention of Carlisle always reminds me of the infighting Inbreds.

My Da and Brother were season ticket holders for years (we're in Poole, Dorset) and there's a lot of cultural comparisons in their following. Our preseason friendly there a few years ago was a memorable day out for many of us, and the support their club give to the annual Rangers v Pompey legends Lee Rigby memorial match is commendable. A great, staunch, royalist club who i wish all the best to in their endeavours this season.

Mate from Navy took out Flag when they got to FA cup final. Also refereed Navy Cup Final at Pompey. Better than child birth he’d say. Rock Paper Scissors Referee - David “Jackie “ McNamara was 4th Official today.

My son in law is at their game with Carlisle today, and he's telling me, Build My Gallows & FTP and IRA are getting belted out big time.
Auld fart here, but what's the deal, and how many other English teams sing these songs,??
Where can I see this? YouTube?

Pompey are special but shoutout to Port Vale

I used to follow Wycombe Wanderers and the PV boys were special. Unashamedly English and British.

The Pompey fans were singing build my gallows at their game today?
Or was it more likely a handful Pompey /Gers fans pissed up?

Port vale were down here at Cambridge a few weeks ago great support , good range of songs and really supported their team.
They used to set up shop outside what is now The Hour Glass pub - close to Adams Park - with big, %^*&-off English and Union flags.

The locals didn't know how to react.

The one time they got 'done' they chanted, "Three nil and too posh to sing" which was funny AF.

In the pub all day with them in Carlisle. Top bunch of lads, Hartlepool lads there too. All love the Rangers

Portsmouth are Loyal to the core, I worked down in the Royal Dockyard for 18 months, just about every Pompey fan I knew was also a Gers man.
Good Loyal City is Portsmouth and also steeped in British Naval history.
Been that way for a good few years. I only knew about this when I heard there had been an apprentice boys march down there. In fact I think I read about it in a book about the pompey 657 crew.

That mhob are detested and hated just about everywhere but they live in this ultra strange, delusional world where they think they are loved by everyone.

Weird shower indeed.

My Da and Brother were season ticket holders for years (we're in Poole, Dorset) and there's a lot of cultural comparisons in their following. Our preseason friendly there a few years ago was a memorable day out for many of us, and the support their club give to the annual Rangers v Pompey legends Lee Rigby memorial match is commendable. A great, staunch, royalist club who i wish all the best to in their endeavours this season.
Soft spot for Carlisle; I`m there quite often; always a great time to be had.
In answer to the OP; I`ve been to Portsmouth twice in my lifetime; well impressed by the character of the city and the display (that`s seemingly everywhere) of the red, white; and blue.
No surprise at all with the comments on this thread that underline this.
PS.. Both teams play in the correct colours.

Pompey are special but shoutout to Port Vale

I used to follow Wycombe Wanderers and the PV boys were special. Unashamedly English and British.
Took in a West Brom Port Vale League cup tie around 10 years ago and the Vale fans turned up with a (more than staunch) flag; in response to a certain rheptile turning out for the Baggies.
As an aside, kudos to West Bromwich; which you can add to the list of good lads.
The biggest in England St. George`s parade year on year; and has attracted Loyalist bands to take part within.
Lots to like here.

Going back to late 80’s and 90’s for those who know 657. I love the boys.
For some reason a lot of Chelsea connect themselves with us and us them. Not for me and a few others. I’ve no time for Chelsea or their loyalism to be honest.
Pompey love us and a few of us them for those who know.
I’ve watched West Ham and Chelsea get battered on the south coast. Some wee fannies that make hooligan movies from London will try to convince you otherwise.
This post is for John. I said I would :oops:

Back