Porteous getting lippy

My god yous are missing the point lol. Its no that when mcgregor volleys someone in the back, boots the ball at someone's face, morelos slaps brown around the back of the head, tread on someones back.

I'm not blowing smoke up anyones arse, but if it were Halliday or McCrorie or anyone like that flying into tackles and getting proper stuck in we'd love it. Myself included.
The more you try to justify your point, the bigger hole you are getting in.
Just drop it mate.

My god yous are missing the point lol. Its no that when mcgregor volleys someone in the back, boots the ball at someone's face, morelos slaps brown around the back of the head, tread on someones back.

I'm not blowing smoke up anyones arse, but if it were Halliday or McCrorie or anyone like that flying into tackles and getting proper stuck in we'd love it. Myself included.
Stop digging.

Watched him carefully tonight and he was rubbish, slow, got caught wrong side, gave away too many fouls and isn’t even a good reader of the game.
its just shows how when you’re watching a player against us he can look a lot better because he‘s aggressive, loud mouthed and allowed to get away with murder,
I agree with all of that, when watching our games there is lots going on and the opp are usually up for the scrap, to get the true measure of a player he would have to be watched( scouted) when involved in the bread and butter games, not that last night was but even in a semi derby he looked well short of most things required to be a class cb.

Remember Ross tokely at ICT. Was just a street thug in football boots mhedia always drummed him up as brilliant when he kicked us off the park. Think withing 3 seasons he was playing for Nairn amateurs.b thuggery usually fucks your knees and ankles and before you know it at elite level you end up running like your in soup.

Only in Scottish football would a player of limited ability who regularly and deliberately sets out to harm and injure opponents be lauded as some kind of hardman, enforcer, pantomime villain.

I’d be interested to see if the jovial tone of the reporting about his scumbag on field behaviour would continue if he put “£40M Eddie” out of the game for 6 months. :rolleyes:

I watched a bit of the semi final. 3 times the ball dropped to him and he just took wild swings at it. One cleared out the park 1 up the other end to Gordon and the other he missed it hit his leg and he then had it under control. He is a poor player and shows why scotland aren't going anywhere. Most countries are trying to play football whereas we are stuck in the past where crunching tackles and hoofing it to the big man up top makes you a top player.

I watched a bit of the semi final. 3 times the ball dropped to him and he just took wild swings at it. One cleared out the park 1 up the other end to Gordon and the other he missed it hit his leg and he then had it under control. He is a poor player and shows why scotland aren't going anywhere. Most countries are trying to play football whereas we are stuck in the past where crunching tackles and hoofing it to the big man up top makes you a top player.
There is a big difference now in how kids are being trained. My boys team 2012 age group, the coach doesnt allow the keeper to play it long, he makes the 2 defenders split and keeper pass out. He hates them kicking it long.

When I played at that age group and older, as a goalie I was basically told to punt it as far as possible!

There is a big difference now in how kids are being trained. My boys team 2012 age group, the coach doesnt allow the keeper to play it long, he makes the 2 defenders split and keeper pass out. He hates them kicking it long.

When I played at that age group and older, as a goalie I was basically told to punt it as far as possible!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully the kick and rush full blooded tackles will be a thing of the past and as a country we can improve

Glad to hear it. Hopefully the kick and rush full blooded tackles will be a thing of the past and as a country we can improve
The no heading rule I think will also encourage keeping the ball on the deck. Our team and some of the teams they play against play some good football, positioning and passing is being drilled into them.

As you say, in years to come hopefully we will see the dinosaur football diluted out of Scotland.

Back