Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Ojo

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
GugpeLO.png

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Barker, Morelos, Kent.
SUBS: Foderingham, Katic, Flanagan, Arfield, Aribo, Ojo, Defoe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope ur right mate. But I can’t see it this is one of our toughest games of the group tomorrow night

Morelos or Defoe to start??

It has to be Morelos mate. I think it would be lunacy from Gerrard to go with Defoe considering how physical that Porto defence is.

But we have seen some strange ones in the past with Gerrards decisions (see OF game)

I fancy us to score.
But I can't see us stopping them score.

Being realistic, a draw would be a terrific result.

I've got a feeling that this will be a good game to watch, really close but Rangers will edge out a win.

we have played porto 4 times won 2, drawn 1, lost 1, a really good record I was at the 2-1 game at Ibrox in 83 considering we didn't have a good team at that time and porto ended up going to the final beating a very good Aberdeen team on the way ultimately loosing to Juventus the
only clip I can find of the 83 home game

I will always back Rangers to win,when we are allowed to play football we are as good as any team in that group,if we can cut out the individual errors we can win this game even though Porto are a good team don't forget so are we, so upwards and onwards to victory The MIGHTY GLASGOW RANGERS WATP.

Going for a 2-1 win for Rangers, the players will desperately be wanting to make up for Young Boys and Hearts.

Eh?
Did we not play young boys away from home in the last round of games?

Apologies mate, assumed you were talking about Hearts on Sunday ha!

To answer your question though I think the EL ha sits own setup with regards to fixtures.
I’m sure last years campaign had us away first to Villarreal and then at home twice to Rapid and Spartak

Very difficult game, Porto need a result tonight, fully expect them to be right up for it.
Play at our best and keep the ball, you never know what might happen

Loving the positivity on here. I am not so positive. I think they will target Tav all night long as he is the weak link at the back, we all know that. Ojo and Aribo up top will give us nothing if the last couple of matches are anything to go by. Do we go with Kamara and Arfield? One needs a rest and the other is off his game. How fit are Kent and Ryan? Like I said the positivity is great on here but I think we have more problems in the team selection than we should have so I'm going 2 nil Porto. Its a head over heart thing

A draw would be a great result, it will be very tough though. If we lose I'm not sure we'll be able to do enough in the remaining games to qualify.

I don't think it will be a high scoring game, hopefully we don't concede first or it'll make a hard task nigh on impossible. Create chances for Alfie and we'll score.

Most probably will be our most difficult match of the season.

We need to keep the head on the park to get anything and keep our head off it if we don’t.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Arfield
Kent

Morelos

Be my preference.

I think we’ll see Kamara though.

2-1 Porto.

Alfie for us.

We're still sloppy at the back, and for that reason I can't see us taking any points from tonight's game.

Hope I'm wrong.

If we get a result then it's a terrific achievement but they are on a different level to us and if we get beat then it's hardly a surprise or shock and definitely no need to panic over. These European games are added bonuses, the league is all I care about.

Motherwell on Sunday is a far more important fixture IMO.

Was about to make a derogatory "Let's get in about these *national stereotype* bastards" post, but then I realised I've no idea what Portugal is famous for, other than Ronaldo.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Big test tonight, but if we are up for it, and play at our best we can get something out of the game.

A draw would be satisfactory, a victory would be magnificent.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

My team prediction is:

Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Jack Davis Aribo(maybe Kamara)
Ojo Morelos Kent

Hoping Ojo has saved his best for Europe

Get me up to speed, friend.

Ally of England since Crusaders helped get rid of the Moors from Portugal apparently.

I’m aware of the fact from the Peninsular war when they helped us against the French. Huge British influence in Portugal due to our love of Port, look across the river from the square we are currently partying in and you’ll see the port wine lodges such as Cockburn’s.

Easily the best side we have faced under Gerrard.

I don't think we will get a pasting but I dont expect anything other than a loss. No shame in losing tonight either, provided it's not a thumping.

After the lacklustre display at Tynecastle I just don’t know why to expect. I’d take a draw right now.

Eh?
Did we not play young boys away from home in the last round of games?

They dont just look at individual groups. They need to consider other teams from the same country (poets) and naje sure we dont clash and arent at home the same night. On top of that countries in Eastern Eurooe are also allocated the earlier kick off times.

Itll just be the way it worked out in the computer. It's actually worked out a bit better for us anyway. Get a result tonight and the group is still tight, we have two home games to come to try and progress

After the lacklustre display at Tynecastle I just don’t know why to expect. I’d take a draw right now.

Quite an odd way of looking at it mate. If we'd absolutely stuffed Hearts I'd still have taken a draw tonight. This lot are a step up to anything we've faced so far.

These type of games really suit us I feel, as long as we defend well and make no silly mistakes I think we can hit them on the break and get a few goals if we can be clinical.

Back