Portuguese keeper scores from own box

They’ve all got no racism on their shirts. Do they always have that or is it support for Kamara?

Scored one the same playing for Falkirk against Celtic in Pro Youth League when I was a young keeper. Defender left it and it bounced over the keepers head. Aiden McGeady was playing for them.

I got some funny looks for celebrating considering we were losing about 8-0 at the time!

When I coached my son’s team we had a lad who wanted to play in goal and was forever wanting to have a shot at goal - he was a big lump of a lad and can get a fair bit of distance on his kicks so although it went against the ethos of getting the team to play football, I agreed with him that he could take a couple of shots from a goal kick each match.

We were playing in a 5-a-side competition one day and doing everything but score - then I gave the goalie the signal and he took the big punt, which just missed the goal but bounced off the board to the side of it and went in off their goalie’s back to give us the lead and suddenly everyone else found their goal scoring touch.
He was delighted with the goal and to be the one with the moment that turned the match and the tournament for us.

Back