Post a reaction to tonight's match

In a nutshell, I honestly thought they had some majestic flow about them 1st half, thought i was tripping with their ease of turn, seriously impressed at their press ... but that last 40 mins was absolutely glorious, young Hagi and Aribo really making the impact. I don't want to slate Kamara, but with Jack and Davis being defensive lynchpins we should really get rid of this solid three mids. After Glen got subbed (and again no offence to him) but the pendulum totally swung. Also loved it and now doing bourbon and lager on a school night. Needs must ... WATP

Braga are a class side but we made so many unforced errors in that game. We didn't settle until we pulled a goal back.

First goal next Thursday is crucial.

Having said that, let's hope there is no first goal!

I haven’t seen the game yet, but here’s the reactions of the Sky commentator in the SkySports Football Score Centre app I following it on:

GOAL! RANGERS 0-1 BRAGA (Fransergio 11)

YOU DON'T SAVE THOSE! Oh my word, what a game this has been so far. Rangers give the ball away in midfield but have men back to cover.

They can't get a foot on the loose ball and it's played for Fransergio, whose rising effort from 25 yards is bending away from McGregor and right into the back of the net. Sensational.

GOAL! RANGERS 0-2 BRAGA (Ruiz 59)

That could be game over with barely half of the first leg of this tie gone. Ruiz skips inside two defenders off the Braga left, and catches McGregor out shooting back across him and into the far corner. Great finish, great goal.

Rangers have had their chances but they've been made to pay for a night of dreadful defending.

GOAL! RANGERS 1-2 BRAGA (Hagi 67)

GAME ON! What a game. What a flippin' game. The roof comes off Ibrox as Hagi gets the ball on the right edge of the box, turnn inside Silva and rifles an effort in off the near post. Matheus has had a great night but there's nothing he could do about that one.

Father Gheorghe watches on in the stands delighted. There's life in this Rangers side yet.

GOAL! RANGERS 2-2 BRAGA (Aribo 75)

OH MY WORD! FOOTBALL, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT! What a comeback from Rangers! Eight second-half minutes might have just saved their European season.

Aribo gets into the box off the left and where Morelos failed earlier, he makes no mistake to slot inside the near post, beat Matheus, and pull Rangers back from the brink. If the roof came off for the first goal, the sides have come off here!

81: Oooh now. This is a chance. Rangers win a free-kick dead centre, 25 yards out. Hagi is over it. Just imagine...

GOAL! RANGERS 3-2 BRAGA (Hagi 82)

THIS CANNOT BE REAL! Hagi strikes the ball into the wall, it takes a big deflection off Paulinho and wrongfoots Matheus, nestling into the corner of the net! What a night for Hagi, what a night for Rangers.

I've got goosebumps. This is just an incredible game.
Compare that with the BT Sport pundit.

AstonishingLegalChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif

In a nutshell, I honestly thought they had some majestic flow about them 1st half, thought i was tripping with their ease of turn, seriously impressed at their press ... but that last 40 mins was absolutely glorious, young Hagi and Aribo really making the impact. I don't want to slate Kamara, but with Jack and Davis being defensive lynchpins we should really get rid of this solid three mids. After Glen got subbed (and again no offence to him) but the pendulum totally swung. Also loved it and now doing bourbon and lager on a school night. Needs must ... WATP
Braga are a class side but we made so many unforced errors in that game. We didn't settle until we pulled a goal back.

Yep, think Stevie needs a wee Walter brunch date to sort out some 5-3-2 formation thing to spring from if a break appears, quick switch to 3-5-2 if possible

Mrs Rab is fed up hearing me say, in a disbelieving and shocked voice
"Gobsmacked. Just gobsmacked. My flabber has never been so gasted" etc ad infinitum.
To be uber-fair, Big Jim in oor club said "Have faith old chap", even at 2-0, going on 5-0, down.
Cap doffed to Big Jim. What do I know?

I feel like I have been transported back to November 1992!!!except this time we won 3-2!!!brilliant Rangers nights like this are what it’s all about!!

Back