Post-match point by Martin of HnH - lost first goal eight times this season

ChildOfGoth

That is a pertinent statistic and indeed pattern you could argue to our first Quarter of the season ( not sure if that is all games or just league ) .

I just sense a shortage of focus and discipline around the defending , mostly CD but also in other areas of the team and more recently goalkeeping too I guess .

I think if we had genuine options to change it SG now would but he doesn’t have that until January at the earliest . How does he manage this in the short term Bears ? Any ideas ?

we've played 11

worrying is conceding 10 goals in our first 11 games when we only conceded 13 in the entire campaign last season
True mate that is a transformation in a negative direction .

What can we do with that CD to make it decisive and allow us to become reliable again ?

That is a pertinent statistic and indeed pattern you could argue to our first Quarter of the season ( not sure if that is all games or just league ) .

I just sense a shortage of focus and discipline around the defending , mostly CD but also in other areas of the team and more recently goalkeeping too I guess .

I think if we had genuine options to change it SG now would but he doesn’t have that until January at the earliest . How does he manage this in the short term Bears ? Any ideas ?
8 fkucin times?
That stat is equally embarrassing, as it equally fkucing irrating.

Gerrard.Sort it.Please!!

I think there has to be a real psychological impact on both ends of the pitch not being able to trust each other.

A defence that can’t rely on its attack to score and put us ahead is always a slip up from us being in the shit and an attack that knows it’s defence is leaky isn’t as confident and free flowing going forward.

It’s a poor cycle that is hard to fix.

Gerrard knows the problem area(s) on the park, and defence is one of them; it's not the only one, but our defending has become diabolical for a side trying to win things,

Malmo
Lyon
Sparta
Dundee United
St Johnstone
Hibs
St Mirren
Aberdeen

Even more worrying than that is we've only comeback and won three of them.

Comes from the front and the whole team defensively have been rotten.

Don't see the same desire to stop goals going in this season

Lundstram technically is a good player but he has miles to go off the ball cost us so many goals already by being slack or not following hes man

Certainly adds to the pressure on our attack, a misfiring attack at that

I actually think it’s the other way round.

Putting our defensive issues to one side, out attack has been shocking.

I recognise Alfredo has scored a couple of goals in the last couple of games but generally speaking, his finishing has been shocking!! Mishits, poor headers etc etc.

Roofe has been just as poor

We've played 11 matches and have a GD of 9. That is shocking. Yet we still had happy clappers fine with it on here.

We’ve only played ten league games.

That stat is as laughable as it is worrying.
Played 11 league games and it's happened 5 times in the league

Dundee Utd
St Johnstone
Hibs
St Mirren
Sheep

In every single one of those games it's been a mistake that's led to us going behind.

The vast majority of them were giving the ball away on the edge of our box, not tracking runners or not marking at set pieces.

Its not good enough and Gerrard needs to be addressing it with a number of individual players this week who are letting us down.

We have now had 3 different spells where almost every player is completely off form, for me that points to the management team

The players are playing without any fire and this will no doubt affect their level of concentration. Everything is far too casual.

Back