Postecoglou at Spurs

Up against top coaches and players most weeks and he hasn’t adapted, same in Europe when he was managing Celtic. Needs to be able to change tactics next season and be smart in the summer window. If not he’ll be getting his OBE next season- out before Easter.

I don't get why people have a competition on here of who can hate him the most. Blah blah gravy, blah fuckin blah.

Some would be as well admitting they were desperate for him to be sacked quickly by Spurs and he hasn't, so as they 'cannae take it' they type all manner of drivel.

dont think they will. a would expect better from man u and newcastle . both them and the top three just now should finish above them. they should be olooking to win one of the cups though.
How long have we been saying that Man Utd will be better… they are a glorified conference league team at this point. I reckon next season spurs will finish 4th, Villa or Newcastle 5th.

I don't get why people have a competition on here of who can hate him the most. Blah blah gravy, blah fuckin blah.

Some would be as well admitting they were desperate for him to be sacked quickly by Spurs and he hasn't, so as they 'cannae take it' they type all manner of drivel.
It can still be a combination of both sides tbh. He was a good manager up here but hardly tested given the competition outside us. Down there he faces a much more difficult task as he simply will not adjust the way his teams play. Shock and awe initially worked, scoring for fun, top of the league for a while etc but it equally cannot be ignored how the wheels have came off since January. They'd be 12th in the form table if the season started then and have conceded more goals than every team bar a team with one of the worst records to ever have taken part in it. He hasn't won a match vs his biggest rivals yet, Arsenal, West Ham or Chelsea (something Clement is being criticised for on here already). It's fair to say he started well and they were very good to watch but it has been much, much more difficult for him since the turn of the year. The criticism is justifiable.

I think they are in the same points as they finished with last season so it hasn’t even been that big a difference.

That it’s Villa finishing in 4th will sting - Spurs haven’t been locked out of the CL places by a Man Utd but have been overtaken by a club they would consider below them.

As for Postecoglou, he’s a limited manager. He obviously done well in Scotland but had fair dose of good fortune.

His son was in my nephew’s class at school. Apparently a very decent lad who preferred us before they arrived in Glasgow.

That it’s Villa finishing in 4th will sting - Spurs haven’t been locked out of the CL places by a Man Utd but have been overtaken by a club they would consider below them.

As for Postecoglou, he’s a limited manager. He obviously done well in Scotland but had fair dose of good fortune.

His son was in my nephew’s class at school. Apparently a very decent lad who preferred us before they arrived in Glasgow.
Didn’t he apply for our job once upon a time of have I imagined that?

Postecoglu came here, was slagged for being fat and Australian, then he won 2 league titles and a treble in the 2 seasons he was here.

Now the majority of folk on this thread are saying he's being found out because he's "only" took Spurs from 8th to 5th this season.

I love Rangers but I don't let it completely blind me to the obvious. He's clearly not as bad a manger as some folk are trying desperately to make out. Just makes for weird reading. Why does anybody care?

How long have we been saying that Man Utd will be better… they are a glorified conference league team at this point. I reckon next season spurs will finish 4th, Villa or Newcastle 5th.
all about opinions mate.
i reckon newcastle will finish above spurs comfortably.
chelsea also have a good chance of finishing above spurs, they have had a horrendous time with injuries this season.

It is obvious how they play and he never adjusts. Up here he played the fast press and went out to dominate in first 45-60mins. The 5 sub Covid rules helped him change his entire front line as they were burst, and freshened them up.

Down there everyone has decent subs and players just as fit/fast so it works less and they get hit on the counter constantly.

He has to adapt but not think he’s too stubborn too change it, results will get worse.

It is obvious how they play and he never adjusts. Up here he played the fast press and went out to dominate in first 45-60mins. The 5 sub Covid rules helped him change his entire front line as they were burst, and freshened them up.

Down there everyone has decent subs and players just as fit/fast so it works less and they get hit on the counter constantly.

He has to adapt but not think he’s too stubborn too change it, results will get worse.
Helps that one of their centre backs is arguably the best recovering defender in the world atm. Van de ven is rapid and deals with a lot of the problems that the expansive play style presents

Lost their last 3 games and the next 3 fixtures are Liverpool, Burnley and Man City so it's possible he could lose 5 out of 6. Liverpool are shite at the moment though.

No, he lives up here, but is an ex season ticket holder at Tottenham. They haven't beat West Ham, Chelsea or Arsenal this season, arguably their six biggest games of the season.
I'm down here as you can glean from the user name :)). The Spurs fans I know (quite a few) are saying that there are a few players that he doesn't seem to like and they will be moved on for him to bring in players that he wants. The fans as always see Levy as the man to blame. Old Burst Baw is still popular with them but there is no doubt, he ain't got a Plan B.

He's one of the most arrogant managers around and has been allowed to be because of people fawning over him for no real good reason. Paddy Power taking he piss out of him as he's not up against Ross County any more pretty much sums it up.

Comes across as a complete prick every time he opens his mouth. So, it's funny if it's not working. Will probably end up back at Celtic at some point since I doubt he'll be worthy of anyone else.

He'd have been back in Oz or Japan by now if Gerrard hadn't left when he did. We'd have had the title that year with Gerrard at the helm.

And if Gerrard had stayed with us, I believe we'd have had a fair run of success which would have teed up the Liverpool job for him this year I'd bet.

Ack what might have been. If yer auntie had baws and all that...

After the start they had it’s been poor but gravy veins has done a “decent 1st album” with spurs.
It’s the tricky second one that kills ye
SLF
Oasis
The Clash
Even Travis have done it :))
Manics as well tbh

Postecoglu came here, was slagged for being fat and Australian, then he won 2 league titles and a treble in the 2 seasons he was here.

Now the majority of folk on this thread are saying he's being found out because he's "only" took Spurs from 8th to 5th this season.

I love Rangers but I don't let it completely blind me to the obvious. He's clearly not as bad a manger as some folk are trying desperately to make out. Just makes for weird reading. Why does anybody care?
At this rate Ange won’t need toilet roll when you can simply lick the shite off his arse for him

At this rate Ange won’t need toilet roll when you can simply lick the shite off his arse for him

Saying he is a half decent manager isn't arse licking in the slightest. His mask is well and truly slipping now which is good to see.

He’ll likely be sacked next season and disappear back to Asia.

Spurs started this season well and he was a bit of an unknown quantity for the first while down there. Ever since about New Year, Spurs form is the definition of mid table and defensively only Sheffield United who are an absolutely pathetic excuse of a Premier League side have conceded more goals than Tottenham. I think a few managers down there have now realised that he’s a one trick pony like Bielsa was and now he’s on a hiding to nothing. Eddie Howe tactically obliterated him a few weeks back beating them 4-0 and in the first half on Sunday, Arsenal destroyed them. If it wasn’t for Raya selling the jerseys second half, Arsenal would’ve saw it out without breaking sweat. It’s all well and good playing that type of football against Livingston and Motherwell without really having to adapt but in Europe where he got found out at Celtic off teams like Bodo/Glimt and down there is a totally different ball game. You need adaptability and actual knowledge on tactics in the English Premier League, he’s just gun ho. Wouldn’t be stunned if Levy sacks the gravy guzzler mid way through next season.
I got the train back from London with my daughter on Sunday and it filled with Tottenham fans half way home. They were fucking raging at the teams inability to change tactics. It was a very enjoyable journey

Taking my dislike of the big fat %^*& out of the equation, what exactly are Spurs meant to achieve that’s much better than fifth in the league?

Excellent point.
This century, they’ve won a league cup.
No sniggering at the back.
In the last 33 years, they’ve won another league cup (!) & an FA Cup.
Spuds by name, duds by nature.

The Chelsea results are shocking especially the first game, the boy I know I only see once a year and I said to him I'll see him this summer and I'll bet he doesn't think Ange is the great he thought he was getting.

It annoys me how much we let him away with it up here and gave him an easy run, Gerrard would have got him sacked if he stayed that season.
What manager has Gerrard ever found out and got sacked.

Not going to defend him but he took over a team that had just sold Harry Kane.
That's a massive loss for any club.
Add in the fact the top 3 places are pretty well known before the season even starts so he's not done too badly

An ex-Spurs player (name escapes me) was doing his nut on Talksport. Described the playing style as chaotic, they can’t defend set pieces and his style had been found out.

I seen some discussion on one of the Spurs sites about the league table since Spurs last played Chelsea, back in November. It doesn't make great reading for them. Their position in the league is really only down to the initial run they had at the start of the season.

329398f2c40fbc4881db7893e3eaf811.png

No problem with the guy, took the scum job as a stepping stone to better things and it worked out for him.

Compared to O'Neill, Lennon, Strachan and Rodgers he's practically loveable:D

Gets a free pass this season, like Poch, but they'll be expecting results next season.

If I was him I'd be wanting my hands on the Europa next season.

Back