Postecoglu

He's got a 4 year contract there it seems. Wonder if he'll walk at one point ?

Must be weird going from a club that dominates and where you're expected to win to a club that is fine with perennial mediocrity.

He's arguably had a good season with Spurs - he's got them ahead of United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton. The issue is that Villa, out of nowhere, have had the season of all seasons.

While it's nice to see them fail to get into the Champions' League he battered us up here and how good of a manager he really is doesn't really matter in that context.

He’ll struggle next year as I don’t think they’ll get any better.

That’s not bitterness - just think he is quite one dimensional and has limitations at that level.
He’s up against Pep, Klopp, Emery etc not the dross outwith the OF in Scotland. Likewise his budget doesn’t dwarf every other club in the EPL. He’s shown a reluctance or maybe an inability to change his style of play, which we saw when in Europe, and this has also cost Spurs in the EPL. A big summer transfer window coming up and if he doesn’t get it right then he’s a goner. Levy won’t hesitate to wield the axe if they’re not competing at the top end next year.

He's arguably had a good season with Spurs - he's got them ahead of United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton. The issue is that Villa, out of nowhere, have had the season of all seasons.

While it's nice to see them fail to get into the Champions' League he battered us up here and how good of a manager he really is doesn't really matter in that context.

he's actually got lucky that those teams are:

2 x Basket Cases & 2 x torn apart by injuries all season

a perfect sunday would be

Citeh draw
Arsenal win and pummel Everton
Spuds lose
Chelsea win tonight and sunday
Newcastle win tonight and sunday
lets make it a perfect weekend, add scum lose to Killie tonight and St Mirren on Saturday, we win against Hearts to win the title on goal difference

Arsenal and Rangers as the champions of England and Scotland to end the week :cool:

Could also argue he got lucky those clubs were so bad, and likely wont be next season

He'll have a fair bit of credit in the bank for turning Spurs into an attacking team that their fans want to see, and for the great start to the season they had. However how long that will last if they falter at the start of next season remains to be seen.

If he's able to get a few players in and most importantly a striker then they could do well, but they'll always ship goals

he's actually got lucky that those teams are:

2 x Basket Cases & 2 x torn apart by injuries all season

Perhaps, but he can say that he's got Spurs to a level that they didn't hit last year.

They finished eighth and missed out on Europe altogether.

Now they're fifth and a couple of games away from having qualified for the CL. Add into that the loss of Harry Kane.

It's not stellar stuff but it's about right for a team of perennial losers.

He wont chuck it as he wont get another job anywhere near that level now he's been found out sit tight through the summer and then ride the sacked in October gravy boat back to Japan

gm5.png
The one win was against relegated Burnley :))

I know some people hate their rivals more than they love their own club but wanting to sacrifice CL football, when you have nothing much else to celebrate, to give your rivals less of a chance of winning a title is the epitome of tinpot.
Chub is quite right to be angry.

Cant believe so many on here are backing this guy.

Going into last nights game Tottenham were on a run of 3 wins in 10 in the league which is on big 'Ange'.

That run cost them the CL, not a section of their fanbase who don't want Arsenal to win the league.

He has been found out and knows it.

I can't stand the clown but in this case Spurs have shown themselves to be a pathetic club, both in the boardroom and the stands

Conte called them out and nothing changed. A club like that will never attract elite players or coaches. Destined to fail, and somehow, they seem happy with that.

I can't stand the clown but in this case Spurs have shown themselves to be a pathetic club, both in the boardroom and the stands

Conte called them out and nothing changed. A club like that will never attract elite players or coaches. Destined to fail, and somehow, they seem happy with that.
On the basis of that one game last night?

On the basis of the past 5 years. Last night just cemented it - their fans aren't even bothered about playing at the top level.
He supposedly found out how "fragile" Spurs is "in the last 24 hours", based on fans expressing a natural reluctance to see their preeminent rival winning the League? It didn't really cement anything alien to football at all, or specific to Spurs in general, but that rivalry runs deep.

He supposedly found out how "fragile" Spurs is "in the last 24 hours", based on fans expressing a natural reluctance to see their preeminent rival winning the League? It didn't really cement anything alien to football at all, or specific to Spurs in general, but that rivalry runs deep.
Not wanting Arsenal to win the league is one thing, but Spurs took it to a new level given it directly hurt them too.

I'd cheer on Hearts beating us if, for whatever reason, it stopped Celtic winning the league, and we had little to play for.

However, if the cost was us missing out on CL/European football, the calculation changes. The only time it's acceptable to want your team to lose is if you have nothing to play for and it hurts your rivals. That wasn't the case last night and it just makes Spurs look utterly tinpot.

His other issue is when Spurs were getting into a position where they could have had what would be considered a successful season in England (finishing in the top 4), the players absolutely bottled it. That is probably part of where is and other managers have been coming from when they talk about mentality. Every time they get close to being successful the players shit the bed.

Cant believe so many on here are backing this guy.

Going into last nights game Tottenham were on a run of 3 wins in 10 in the league which is on big 'Ange'.

That run cost them the CL, not a section of their fanbase who don't want Arsenal to win the league.

He has been found out and knows it.
I don't think it is a case of people backing him. There are Spurs fans on here who were Spurs fans before him and will be fans after he gets the bullet.

Not wanting Arsenal to win the league is one thing, but Spurs took it to a new level given it directly hurt them too.

I'd cheer on Hearts beating us if, for whatever reason, it stopped Celtic winning the league, and we had little to play for.

However, if the cost was us missing out on CL/European football, the calculation changes. The only time it's acceptable to want your team to lose is if you have nothing to play for and it hurts your rivals. That wasn't the case last night and it just makes Spurs look utterly tinpot.
That doesn't really explain it though, because the possibility of Spurs reaching the CL are realistically slight; it would be entirely different if a draw or win guaranteed a CL place and Spurs fans didn't want that. It hardly reflected fragility permeating through the club, which really is quite a dramatic overstatement.

Last edited:
Spurs fans cheering Man City scoring a goal in their own stadium is beyond weird . I get they don't want Arsenal to win the league but I could never cheer another teams goal in Ibrox . The Spurs fans are turning on him for wanting to win.

Did Rangers women fans not cheer glasgow City scoring against us last season to stop celtic winning the league?

I agree that it's weird spurs fans doing it when they had a chance at CL football though.

Not sure I could cheer it on but it would definitely be funny in a lot of ways, but that's more to do with the demented aspect of their support which would increase the hilarity ten fold.

I doubt Arsenal fans were sitting at home losing their shit at the result last night despite the damage it will have done to their title hopes, they will know it was the Villa result really that's cost them their chance.

I noticed looking at their injury list they have about 8 players out with muscle injuries. His style of football is great when it works but I don’t think it is sustainable over a full season at the top level

Did Rangers women fans not cheer glasgow City scoring against us last season to stop celtic winning the league?

I agree that it's weird spurs fans doing it when they had a chance at CL football though.
I wasn't at that game and from memory I can't recall that happening but it maybe did .It's just not something I would ever do regardless of the implications.

Watched his interview after their defeat by citeh!
That man doesn’t look well, nor was he coherent in his analysis of his team’s performance.
He had his zenith up the piggery - but now I only see a broken man with no answers .
He’s a fat, overrated twat who loves himself. Oh, and he’s loosing it alright. Completely unraveling. Does my fckn head in when I hear him in interviews… “look mate…” can’t wait to see the back of him..

The guy can't set up a defence. Either he doesn't know how or he's so wedded to his principles that he thinks it's just beneath him.

They'll fall away next season. Chelsea have got their act together, Newcastle will be improved, maybe even Man United will too.

Well he could set up a defence against us and that's all that matters.

He was always going to get found out in England.

slight difference in that our women would have had a CL qualifier path against better opposition - we couldn't qualify when we were champions

Spurs had a very good chance of automatic group stage entry at stake

slight difference in that our women would have had a CL qualifier path against better opposition - we couldn't qualify when we were champions

Spurs had a very good chance of automatic group stage entry at stake
Yeah I agree it was ridiculous them wanting to lose when they could have qualified for the CL.

It's quite clear from his full press conference that it's more than just fan opinion.

Reading between the lines, I think someone above him has pulled him aside and said it'd be better if they lost the game.

It's pretty mental that he dug out the fans/club like that, tbh.

The reason they're not getting top 4 is because of the way they've played for the last few months, only won twice throughout April and May. That's not top 4 finishing form, and that's what cost them. It's nothing to do with chucking it against Man City, and everything to do with the fact his one dimensional tactics have been rumbled.

Just watched the interview. Very bizarre.

Basically, the last 48 hours have been very revealing but I'm not telling you why :D

Shrimp mate, shrimp!

"Shrimp and prawns are completely different creatures. Yes, they're both decapods — which means they have external skeletons and 10 legs — but that's where the similarities end. Shrimp belong to the sub-order Pleocyemata, and prawns belong to the sub-order Dendrobranchiata."

I apologise.

Reminder this is the same spurs that sacked Mourinho before a league cup final incase they actually managed to win the thing. Levy ain't paying out no trophy bonuses.

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou said the foundations he has built at the club are "fragile" after many fans took glee in their 2-0 defeat to Manchester City, which could deny north London rivals Arsenal the Premier League title.

Spurs' chances of Champions League football were ended by Erling Haaland's second-half double that took City back to the top of the table, two points ahead of Arsenal going into Sunday's final fixtures.

Postecoglou had dismissed suggestions on the eve of the game that Tottenham supporters would want their own side to lose if it meant denying the Gunners a first title in 20 years.

But after a subdued atmosphere on Tuesday night, with chants mocking Arsenal in the final stages, the Australian admitted he had "misread" the situation.

"I think the last 48 hours have revealed to me the foundations are pretty fragile. That's things I've got to go back to the drawing board on," said Postecoglou.

The former Celtic boss was further pressed on whether his frustration was aimed at the fans or those inside the club.

"(I) Don't care. Outside, inside, everywhere. It's been an interesting exercise," he added.

"I probably misread the situation in what it takes to make a winning team."

Tottenham have made a habit of scoring late goals this season, including in a thrilling 3-3 draw against City at the Etihad earlier in the season.

Spurs had their chances to snatch at least a point, most notably when Son Heung-min missed a one-on-one against Stefan Ortega late on.

But there was no sign of encouragement from the crowd willing their side to put the defending champions to the sword.

"Of course it does (have an impact). It is what it is," said Postecoglou on the atmosphere.

"I can't dictate what people do. Yeah, when we've got late winners in games, it is because the crowd has helped us.

"What other people's priorities are doesn't interest me. I know what we need to build a winning team and that's what I'm concentrating on."

Tottenham still have work to do to guarantee fifth place and Europa League football next season, but only need a point when they travel to relegated Sheffield United on Sunday to do so.

Most Spurs fans were wanting to lose if they didn't they had a a shot of qualifying for the CL. For some reason they think there rivalry with Arsenal is world renowned. It would even make the too 50 derbys

Total tinpot mentality

I would put it just short of Dortmund and Schalke, easily in the top 50 derbies.

No fan of his but I totally agree with him on this.

The Tottenham fans and there puppet who represents everything about them In Jamie O Hara on a national sports broadcast wearing a City top singing blue moon telling Ange to throw the game was embarrassing behaviour

Where would you rank it. I'd put it even behind Brondby v FC Copenhagen

Passion wise it's trash

Can't be arsed going through them but there is always bother at it - lad nearly died last year after being put on a train track after it I am sure. I went in 2008 to it and was most coppers I have seen at a match in England, was also in the area for it last season at Arsenal and it was moody. Problem is social media and the tv has left people who only see English Football through those channels thinking it's all sweetness in England, it really isn't at many places.

No fan of his but I totally agree with him on this.

The Tottenham fans and there puppet who represents everything about them In Jamie O Hara on a national sports broadcast wearing a City top singing blue moon telling Ange to throw the game was embarrassing behaviour
Absolutely pathetic behaviour from the Spurs support considering they could still have made the Champions League had they won.

They're basically just a tourist attraction. Being happy to take in the EPL millions is about the extent of their ambition.

He never looks at the camera every time he does an interview
He looks at the camera plenty when things are going well!

This is what has happened with ange everywhere he has went watch the same thing in interviews at these end of all his time at clubs!

To be fair, sours fans celebrating getting beat so arsenal don’t win is pathetic.

I noticed looking at their injury list they have about 8 players out with muscle injuries. His style of football is great when it works but I don’t think it is sustainable over a full season at the top level
It's not look at the damage he has done to their squad with Carter vickers

It puts to much pressure on the players physically and eventually they break down.

Clement wants to play that way with the fbs inverted and the cbs covering more space

Back