Potter

Blue Sabbath

Surely this guy cannot be appointed manager only had one job in his career aye he got two promotions in 2015 but he's no done anything since we need a strong manager with experience who knows how to defend in my opinion need to stop going for hipster managers

His job at FK Ostersunds has been remarkable. Especially with knocking out Galatasaray, beating Arsenal away etc. But to me he isn't proven yet. There's no evidence to say he can go to a different league and do another good job where he isn't the underdog and there is pressure involved. He would be a huge gamble. It could well pay off, but at this point in time I don't think we can take such a big gamble. I accept that every managerial appointment is a risk, but some are more so than others.

I wish we had of taken a gamble with Potter rather than Caixinha or Warburton, he would have been a gamble more likely to pay off than an ex-Brentford or ex-Santos Laguna manager. But now, the time for projects is over. We need someone who is actually proven in 2/3 managerial jobs at a half decent level.

Surely this guy cannot be appointed manager only had one job in his career aye he got two promotions in 2015 but he's no done anything since we need a strong manager with experience who knows how to defend in my opinion need to stop going for hipster managers

Won the cup and qualified from their group in the Europa but aye, nothing. Not saying we should go for him btw.

Can't see us adopting some of the more obscure practices that go on at his present club.

Performing Arts as character building etc. on second thoughts:D

I can't think of any manager who wouldn't be a gamble.

FDB? GVB? Complete gambles IMO, to the same level as Potter.

De Boer failed miserably at Palace. His teams couldn't score a single goal ffs.

Van Bronckhorst coming from Holland, another huge gamble. Whenever I've watched his teams they move the ball nicely but give up loads of chances from set-pieces.

Both managers would need a fortune to be spend.

Being completely honest I think Warnock would be the least gamble of them all. The way he sets up his teams will be suited to Scotland and he won't need a fortune. Screwed if Cardiff go up automatically though.

For the record he isnt in my top 3-4 but beating arsenal with a newly promoted team from sweden has to count as a major achievement.

He could easily be appointed head coach, as like all the others mentioned, he has pro’s and con’s against us appointing him. As much as I rate him and like how he goes about setting his team up, I don’t see him being the guy that fits are needs at the moment.

Back