Praise for Tom Miller

Would folk rather listen to Walker and Sutton?
It’s not an either or choice.

People have listed on this thread what they don’t like about his commentary.

Just because you don’t like Tom’s commentary doesn’t therefore mean you prefer Walker and Sutton. It’s simply Rangers fans stating that the commentary on Rangers TV could be better. Someone, somewhere is obviously listening because last night saw a marked decrease in the chatter and commentary was much more relevant

Slightly of topic but TM is not a good pundit and I don’t rate him. However he is a true blue and I don’t think I’ve watched a goal as much as I have Arfield v scum and Tom Miller just going crazy. That reaction is only by a true blue and gives me goosebumps each time I hear it

The best thing I can say is that I didn't actually notice him much last night. Tuned in and had that 'aw no' moment when I remembered he was the commentator but I can't remember any ridiculous comments.

Tom and Andy are the perfect balance. I wouldn't mind that or Andy rotating with Lovenkrandz. The rest have been a bit naff. The older ones always banging on about how the games not the same as when they played.

Tom is great. I'm not really a fan of partisan commentary to the point where he'll tell wee white lies to make our players look good or innocent in a situation but it's not terrible by any means.

The amount in here that watch him on dodgy boxes and illegal streams but still give RTV abuse!
It’s club TV ffs and the wee man puts in a great deal of effort with an ex-player usually as the stiff co-commentator.
Yes last night was better as he was less inclined to tell us stories upon stories but as someone who spends a great deal of time abroad, I appreciate the efforts no matter what.

Watched the game last night and have to comment on a vastly improved performance from TM.

He kept his comments on point and didn’t feel the need to constantly talk.

Refreshingly, he deferred from banging on endlessly about previous games v Danish sides or other matches played on 8th Aug in years gone by.

He also had the good sense to save the plug for all the pubs that had taken the game commercially until a break in play.

Well done Tom!

Nope, sorry, one swallow does not a summer make.

I doubt Tom researched all those pubs, any good production team would do that for the presenter.

Nice guy, but a decade behind the curve.

What does he tell you that you can’t already see?

Like the wee guy, also like Shuggie Burns,who should be for the games against the

Bheggars only or for us getting the 55. Ovencakes & Andy Little is good also, and

rest of the guys are OK.:));)

Tom is one of the good guys. With some of the pish we are forced to listen to on other channels, to have a go at him is quite incredible.

Give me Tom on commentary over anyone else who does our games.

He does talk too much and it’s like he’s doing an interview with the co commentator a lot of the time. I’d still rather listen to him than the likes of walker though.

Bizarre that some target a good Rangers man when we have the likes of Walker, Crocker and Craigan forced on us by the mainstream channels with their slobbering anti-Rangers agenda.

So if we don’t like Miller, it means we like the rest? It’s not a choice between him and who commentates on BT or Sky.

I love his commentry, always makes me laugh. His patter is chronic and it makes a crap game go by better.

My all time favourite is the commentry of Wes saving the spazzy's pen at Hampden.
Same. I like his cliches, they always make me smile.

I love the guy and simply cannot understand the stick he gets on here. Hes one of us that will do for me every day of the week rather than listen to these muppets on sky or bt.
Unbelievable mate, with all the quarry we have we pick on Tom, a guy who's forgot more Rangers games than these tits have been to

Doesn’t matter if he’s one of us. His commentary is poor. People can say he’s poor if they don’t like him. Which a lot don’t.

They can also mute the commentary if it’s that big of an issue. There aren’t really many commentators I think are good, I can’t say it really affects my enjoyment of games bar extreme cases like Crocker and Wanker.

Whomever the club hire someone will always have something to complain about.

His commentary is rank rotten.

“Legs going like pistons.” “Dicker and Power the two dogs of war” pish like that.

The guy who got BT job who filled in occasionally for him was far superior.

I don’t doubt that he’s a good Rangers man, and does good work for supporters clubs etc. But his commentary is guff.
This is about the size of it sadly!

They can also mute the commentary if it’s that big of an issue. There aren’t really many commentators I think are good, I can’t say it really affects my enjoyment of games bar extreme cases like Crocker and Wanker.

Whomever the club hire someone will always have something to complain about.

Can complain if paying for a service you don’t think is to a good enough standard. Same as everyone does with Sky and BT.

A lot of greetin faced kants on here tonight. Just remember you are in control of your viewing.
If you don't like the comms turn it down. Most do it with Sky/ BT.
The man has probably forgotten more about Rangers than most of the moaners.
I'm pished and away tae ma bed.
Ching ching

Proper Rangers’ men commentating on the games or a bunch of rabid Rangers’ haters. Yet some complain. Never get my head around it. I, for one, look forward to Tom’s commentary every weekend.

Said it before, will say it again, Tom’s a cracking wee guy and his knowledge on Rangers is first class. Loves the club. Easy target for some faceless keyboard warriors on a football forum though.

I like toms enthusiasm and I do think he’s dialled it down a bit this season.he’s at his best when he has a good co commentator beside him in particular Andy little,Stevie Smith,lovenkrands and Kevin Thomson.

Back