Preferred Rangers formation and personnel

I reckon we may move to a 4-4-2 / 4-2-2-2 this year in the league.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Hagi (Jack / Davis) (Kamara / Aribo) Kent

Roofe Itten
Need to strengthen the middle though.

I’d play two formations, 4 2 3 1 vs teams in Europe, 41 3 2 for Scottish games

Greggs or McLauchlan

Tav Balogun Goldson Barisic

From Jack Kamara Davis Arfield + A N Other

Roofe/Hagi/Murphy Aribo/Hagi Kent/Murphy

Roofe/Itten/Defoe

RW is where I see as being short, unless you promote Patterson and push Tav forward?

I'm now at the stage that unless we establish a base level of performance, and that would involve more involvement than in the last two games, we're not taking the next step, irrespective of formation and personnel.
We must up our performance. Both of these games we've looked like we're happy with an ok result.

I'm now at the stage that unless we establish a base level of performance, and that would involve more involvement than in the last two games, we're not taking the next step, irrespective of formation and personnel.
We must up our performance. Both of these games we've looked like we're happy with an ok result.

Although I know where you're coming from, I think that's a wee bit harsh. Keep in mind it's the first 2 games of the season, one was the opener and the hardest league game outside of the tramps that we consistently drop points in and the other was against a team that, admittedly, were a few levels above us.

We've got a few games now that should be easier that gives us a chance to start building our performance level and we're no longer reliant on a Morelos who's just not focused.

Noticed a few wanting to play five at the back. No idea why when in 80%+ of our games we will be on the front foot and having most of the ball

Domestically

________________________McGregor

Tav___________Golson____________Helander/Balogun______Barisic

___________________Jack _______Aribo

_________Roofe___________Hagi__________Kent

_________________________Itten

Suffocate teams and pen them in.

Jack can hold while the full backs provide the width.

Obviously bring in Davis or Kamara when playing tougher teams but i'd play that team in 90% of our home games.

4-4-fucking 2

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Hagi Aribo Jack Kent

Roofe Itten

Overlap on the wings & let Jack mind the shop while Aribo pushes up.

Loads of posters have an obsession with 3 at the back, or 5 at the back, whatever way you see it.

Simply because the Scum tweaked their formation and got some decent domestic results.

I don't get the logic of dropping Kent or Hagi to accommodate another centre half. That's what it boils down to.

We need to score more goals, which we ain't going to get by sacrificing a creative player for a defender.

Roofe will be wasted out wide.

We might see him there sometimes if we’re short of personnel or need a change, but he will be our number one striker.

I would have 3-5-2 formation. Assuming Alfie is away it would be :
McGregor
Balogun Goldson Helander
Patterson Aribo Hagi Jack Barisic
Roofe Itten

We might see him there sometimes if we’re short of personnel or need a change, but he will be our number one striker.

so would hagi going by the 442 line ups posted

The gaffer specifically mentioned their capability of playing together. I think it’s something we’ll see quite a bit.

edit -referring to Roofe and Itten

Chosen 2 Formations:

RfLHXKb.png

efZofm1.png

handy wee website:

https://www.buildlineup.com/

I'd probably go with 4-1-4-1

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander/Balogun Borna
Jack
TBD Hagi Aribo Kent
Roofe/Itten

Not sure if we will sign a wide right 'winger' or not. If so he plays there, if not then probably move Aribo out there and put Arfield in the middle with Hagi.

Opinions and all that...

So really it’s a 5131 you’re playing :D
No mate. Roofe/Hagi sitting behind Itten but in front of Kent, Jack and Aribo. 3 centre backs with Barisic and Tav acting as wing back/extra wingers gives 5-3-1-1 but when Barisic and Tav are attacking which will be most of the time against most teams it would be a 3 - 3 - 3-1

Dont mind who starts squad game long season but 4-1-3-2 would help against teams that pack the box which is probably gonna be most of them. Need 2 strikers in the middle.

Based on who we have currently id go with the following. However, I think we desperately need a new CM

McGregor
Tavernier, Goldson, Bagolun, Barasic
Kamara
Aribo, Hagi
Roofe, Morelos, Kent

3-4-3, Full Backs provide the width currently so shift them forward and would mean the two CM would not have to be defensively minded given we would have our 3 CH's.

McGregor

Balogun Goldson Helander

Tav Aribo Jack Borna

Hagi Kent

Roofe

Katic comes back in when fit for potentially Balogun, and ideally a new B2B midfielder for Jack, and also leave open the option of playing two wingers instead of Tav / Borna if really going for it.

I think we’ll be sticking with the 4231/433/whatever you want to call it. This lineup is what I think Gerrard is trying to build towards, not necessarily what I would do.

McGregor

Borna
Helander
Goldson
Tav

Jack
New CM

Kent
Aribo
Hagi

Roofe

Not as out there as some other posters lineups but I don’t think we need to rip up the whole game plan and start again. We’re close to being an excellent team and hopefully by the end of the transfer window we’ll be there

With our personnel in domestic ties 4-1-3-2
In Europe 4-3-3.
Feel the 433 in Europe has excellent counter attacking potential.
The extra striker in a 4132 is essential domestically imo.

433 in Europe and difficult spfl games
Mcgregor
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barassic

Arfield
Jack
Aribo

Hagi
Itten
Kent

4231 in spfl games where they park the bus

Same defence

Arfield
Aribo

Roofe wide right
Hagi central 10
Kent wide left
Itten up front

I reckon we may move to a 4-4-2 / 4-2-2-2 this year in the league.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Hagi (Jack / Davis) (Kamara / Aribo) Kent

Roofe Itten
Need to strengthen the middle though.
I would play 4 3 2 1 back four of JT CG LB BB three in mid RJ JA SA two false tens IH RK and CI as cf not sure if Roofe is match fit start on the bench with JD

3-4-3 for me.
McGregor

Goldson
Balogun
Helander

Kent
Jack/Kamara
Aribo
Barasic

Hagi

Roofe/Defoe
Itten
No Tav for this team, Kent works hard enough to cover. Hagi in the hole dropping back if needed. Roofe or Itten with Defoe if fit, or they pair up.

In Scotland we really don't need four at the back with two defensive midfielders. Take one of them out and play two up front. 4-1-3-2

The signings of Roofe and Itten look like an attempt to fine tune the 4-2-3-1 Gerrard and Beale favour.

Itten up top as the main striker with Roofe on the right, Kent on the left and Hagi in the hole behind.

We then add a more dynamic midfielder alongside any one of Aribo, Jack, Davis or Kamara.

It also allows us to be more flexible and, dare I say it, go two up top when needed with Roofe joining Itten in attack and Aribo and Hagi moving around the attacking midfield slots.

3-5-2 and it has absolutely nothing to do with Celtic as others keep mentioning. It allows you to overload the midfield and forward areas with wing backs high up the pitch while providing cover at the back. Players in forward positions can then be tweaked with either 2 up top or with a number 10.

Back