Provan on Broonaldo

Grigo Yossarian

Just read a pretty critical article on The Sun website by Provan.

Compared him to McNeil & said he’s nowhere near him as a player, but also went in to rip into his behaviour as a Cxxxxc captain.

He was right too.

Sorry but don’t know how to lift the article to here.

What - nothing negative about Dave King or that Mike Ashley is the saviour that Rangers are crying out for this weekend?

That just goes to show that even a broken close is right twice a day.

From The Sun..

Fifty-odd caps for the national team also puts him comfortably in the Hall of Fame.
But spare me the idea that having more caps than Bobby Murdoch and Bertie Auld makes him a top midfielder.
Despite the silverware Broony’s piled up, he’s well down the list of proper Celtic players.
Thanks to fawning media coverage, his reputation has always outstripped his ability.

Brown has now won 18 honours at Celtic
In a league where serious opposition has been absent for most of his Celtic career, he won the lottery when signing for Gordon Strachan. There was never a better time to join Celts.
If Brown isn’t among the most gifted Celtic captains, he has to be the luckiest.
How many of his predecessors have had it so easy? Certainly not the one we lost last week.

Last edited:
From The Sun..

Fifty-odd caps for the national team also puts him comfortably in the Hall of Fame.
But spare me the idea that having more caps than Bobby Murdoch and Bertie Auld makes him a top midfielder.
Despite the silverware Broony’s piled up, he’s well down the list of proper Celtic players.
Thanks to fawning media coverage, his reputation has always outstripped his ability.

Brown has now won 18 honours at Celtic
In a league where serious opposition has been absent for most of his Celtic career, he won the lottery when signing for Gordon Strachan. There was never a better time to join Celts.
If Brown isn’t among the most gifted Celtic captains, he has to be the luckiest.
How many of his predecessors have had it so easy? Certainly not the one we lost last week.

All I can say about that is wow..good to see it called out that it's easy winning titles when no one else has the resources to challenge
Several nails on heads in that article....very rare in the Scottish press.

I wonder what brought that on? He's bang on though and it's something I've said myself to a few mhank fans when they mention that clown, I was never a McNeil fan at all but had far more respect for him than the balloon Brown.

I’m going to get don’t click on it then here but why is there threads about this mob all the time?Provo is a Rangers hating runt.Let them stew in their own pish.They encouraged this arseholes behaviour for years We lost a Rangers hero on the 4th March and didn’t have as much outpouring of grief as we did on the mcneil thread.I wish we could love our club more and forget them and their minions.Their options are utter drivel.Sycophantic wanks best ignored.

We signed the best midfielder at hibs in Kevin Thomson. KT handed browns arse to him in derby matches. Injuries to KT and despicable treatment of our club have ensured their careers went in different directions. When there was genuine challenge the Lego eating mongo was found wanting. Let's see how he fares at Ibrox against a rejuvenated and fully fit Steven Davis

Broony has amassed the medals he has because of circumstance not ability. It's a shame he doesn't have 3 or 4 years left as we are coming to reclaim our title. I hope to god 55 comes next year so that we can ram it down his throat.

McNeil was as respectable as they came my old man says, he must have struggled to watch that lego buffoon embarrassing his club (child abuse aside)
Most of the Celtic team back then were actually used to getting humped by Rangers. As time moved on and Baxter left the fortunes of both teams changed. But they knew the score. The current mob have had it their own way for too long and have no respect.

Mind that time he was sent off at Ibrox in 2010 ?

Provan and Keevins went to town on him, calling him a disgrace to the club and him not being fit to wear the same armband as the likes of McNeill and McGrain. Mowbray got dogs abuse for awarding him the captaincy.

Keevins especially seems to forget this as he his tongues his arse constantly these days.

Brown for his first 4 seasons at the Piggery was a running joke. Only one title won and even then he was dropped for their run in that season for Hartley and Robson.

Mind that time he was sent off at Ibrox in 2010 ?

Provan and Keevins went to town on him, calling him a disgrace to the club and him not being fit to wear the same armband as the likes of McNeill and McGrain. Mowbray got dogs abuse for awarding him the captaincy.

Keevins especially seems to forget this as he his tongues his arse constantly these days.

Brown for his first 4 seasons at the Piggery was a running joke. Only one title won and even then he was dropped for their run in that season for Hartley and Robson.
Did you see browns version of events at the last OF? He got elbowed in the face off Alfie and Kent punched him in the face. Wow

Brown really is an utter prick though his behaviour isn't condemned by his club and he isn't alone in acting like a complete helmet in victory and defeat at that club.

Brown is a fud but questions need asking about the hierarchy too. They seem to condone / encourage it.

“Gerrard will probably leave in the summer”

suit1.jpg

Archie Macpherson basically ripped into Brown at McNeill’s funeral.

Was talking about how McNeill acted with dignity on the pitch and was implying how the current players could learn a lesson from him.
Missed this- were those his actual words?

For "fawning" over him Davie, you might want to have a word with your fat prick Sky Sports commentator buddy Crocker.

That is pretty much hitting the nail on the head and that's coming from one of the most bitter mentally challengeds about, not one rangers fan hates Scott brown because hes an amazing footballer and has been a burden on us for years because it's simply false and hes pretty shite and always has been. He's hated because he's simply a turncoat ugly fake hardman lady's front bottom who has shamelessly flaunted his fake reputation about Scottish football pretending to be something more than he is and his "career" and everything he has ever achieved in football has been purely down to our demise down the leagues. Once he is retired no one will ever look back on him than anything other than a loudmouth wind up merchant and deep down the poets know this too.

Scott brown is a lady's front bottom....a right lady's front bottom

But would he cover up child abuse?

Got to be honest I didn't like McNiel he was the captain of the fhilth a team I've hated as long as I remember,It was once quoted he actually hated the Protestants in the dressing room at the cesspit he also knew and kept quiet about the peadophile ring but he was head and shoulders above Brown as a football player and captain .

One of their own telling us how it is.
The trophies are worthless.
Broon likes like a gimp in that picture :))

Broon is a gimp. I think he may actually be semi retarded, very close to traveling on the short bus if he were over here :))
Probably one of the most frustrating things since 2012 is the way this retard has been built up to be some sort of hero and proper footballer by the Scottish media. He's a fukin imposter who bullies kids in the SPL and gets embarrassed in Europe, or by any decent Rangers team.
I wish he could have faced Souness in his prime. He'd have finished the pretend footballer and wannabe hardman.

Scottish football is a two horse race and for more than half Browns career at Celtc it has been a one horse race.
Provan is 100% correct Brown is not a good player but a lucky player,who happened to sign for them at the right time.he was bang average when he was up against the likes of Barry and Steve Davis

At least he remembers how an actual Celtic and Scotland captain should behave.

Brown has been at it for years, even before admin. But this season he seemingly has lost the plot completely. I do sincerely hope that our club does not think about a guard of honour for a lot lead by this idiot. Likewise, do hope that they get TLB as their new manager and we have him and the Legoeater in tears when 55 happens around next season.

At least he remembers how an actual Celtic and Scotland captain should behave.

Brown has been at it for years, even before admin. But this season he seemingly has lost the plot completely. I do sincerely hope that our club does not think about a guard of honour for a lot lead by this idiot. Likewise, do hope that they get TLB as their new manager and we have him and the Legoeater in tears when 55 happens around next season.

This. I think this is the most important point Provan was making. We don’t like him, but at least hes pointing out how players should behave given the difficulties in this city.

I never liked McNeil to be honest but the guy never taunted our fans after a victory.

Last edited:
Surprised at the commentary on here., I never read what Provan writes but always find him unbiased during commentary, particularly in past old firm games. Was watching the Lovenkrands cup final yesterday and he certainly was not one sided

I’m too young to remember McNeill. But from what I’ve heard he was very much a gentleman.

For that reason alone, anyone comparing him to Scott Brown needs their head checking

I’d wait until the results of an independent inquiry into who knew/hid knowledge about the paedo ring at that club before calling anyone a gentleman.

Agree. I was shocked at his honesty & almost veiled criticism.

Provo has form where broon is concerned, He obviously doesn't rate him as a player or a man a couple of years ago he commented on broon's ability, '' In five years he hasn't passed a ball further than five yards and then only sideways '' No love lost there then.

Back