PSG / Dortmund

That plus this is hardly a vintage PSG team. They’ve failed at this level with way better sides in the last number of years.
This is probably the best PSG team since they made it to the final.

They were absolutely brutal during the Messi/M'Bappe/Neymar seasons.

Nice to a club who isn't owned by a corporate giant or foreign state making it to the final.

Besides its a relief for the boarder control down on the south coast if PSG had made it , all the illegals would have been wearing their shirts on the boats :cool:

Spot on. He’s no Maradona.

Was Neymar ever put in that bracket? as he’s also too shite to be the best in the world

Neymar was the best player in the world for a few years at psg.

Mbappe was so far from him and Messi it was scary and I’m talking about ability not stats

Neymar was the best player in the world for a few years at psg.

Mbappe was so far from him and Messi it was scary and I’m talking about ability not stats

I’m not sure if I’ve read this right, are you saying Neymar was at one point the best player in the world in your opinion?
And for a few years?

mad that Dortmund had Bellingham and Haaland at the same time and didn’t do much in Europe, including getting papped out by us!

2 years later they make the final!

Luck was with Dortmund over both legs with the amount PSG hit the woodwork and put them under pressure but when you look at the commitment, desire and energy levels from them, they deserved that luck. That big lad up front holds the ball up really well.

Luck was with Dortmund over both legs with the amount PSG hit the woodwork and put them under pressure but when you look at the commitment, desire and energy levels from them, they deserved that luck. That big lad up front holds the ball up really well.
Not sure id agree with that tbh. Fullkrug should’ve probably had a hattrick in the first leg. Did PSG miss any real sitters over the two legs?

Mbappe never turned up in either game bar hitting the post in Germany. Dortmund are more than deserving of their place in the final.

Dortmund should have scored another couple first leg. Fully deserved winners of the tie over the 180 minutes.

Poor from PSG rather than BVB being anything great for me. 1 clean sheet in 8 in Bundesliga, ironically when Bayern were terrible against them. Red Bull spanked them other week. Funny old game.

I’m not sure if I’ve read this right, are you saying Neymar was at one point the best player in the world in your opinion?
And for a few years?

Yes his performance level the first season at psg before the ankle break was the highest level I’ve seen a player perform not named Lionel.

He was also brilliant when he dragged them to the final 2019/2020.

He also shared the copa America best player award 2021 with Messi as the technical committee couldn’t separate them.

The only thing that stopped Neymar was injuries. There will never be another like him in the modern game

Said it last week but it amazes me how some players are shocked by the relationship between fans and players in Europe, Rio last week and Ally this week.

Yes his performance level the first season at psg before the ankle break was the highest level I’ve seen a player perform not named Lionel.

He was also brilliant when he dragged them to the final 2019/2020.

He also shared the copa America best player award 2021 with Messi as the technical committee couldn’t separate them.

The only thing that stopped Neymar was injuries. There will never be another like him in the modern game
Spooges newest username?

Poor from PSG rather than BVB being anything great for me. 1 clean sheet in 8 in Bundesliga, ironically when Bayern were terrible against them. Red Bull spanked them other week. Funny old game.
Dortmund played as a team. Yet to see a PSG team do likewise since they got the Qatari money tbh.

Not sure id agree with that tbh. Fullkrug should’ve probably had a hattrick in the first leg. Did PSG miss any real sitters over the two legs?

Mbappe never turned up in either game bar hitting the post in Germany. Dortmund are more than deserving of their place in the final.
I think the chance tonight from the boy Emery is a sitter. He’s got to score that. And when your opponent are hitting the woodwork as much as PSG did, you’re riding your luck. But like I said, they earned and deserved the luck. Their attitude and energy was top class.

Said it last week but it amazes me how some players are shocked by the relationship between fans and players in Europe, Rio last week and Ally this week.
I missed what Ally said? Was it something when the Dortmund players ran right over to them and the fans came down and they were all together?

I really don’t see where Mbappe fits in Madrid.

Vini and rodrygo both prefer the left and Mbappe has said publicly numerous times he prefers playing off a striker to the left not starting centrally.

I missed what Ally said? Was it something when the Dortmund players ran right over to them and the fans came down and they were all together?

Yeah, something many Clubs and Fans do in Europe. It’s nothing new. Too many people in Britain have this impression Ultras are all about kicking shit out each other, couldn’t be further from the truth at many Clubs.

I really don’t see where Mbappe fits in Madrid.

Vini and rodrygo both prefer the left and Mbappe has said publicly numerous times he prefers playing off a striker to the left not starting centrally.
Loves a kick off too when things aren’t going his way. Vini Jr imo is Madrids best player by a distance and they both operate in the same area so it will be interesting to see how Ancelloti deals with it

Loves a kick off too when things aren’t going his way. Vini Jr imo is Madrids best player by a distance and they both operate in the same area so it will be interesting to see how Ancelloti deals with it
The Jude fan club will be after you for that!

The Jude fan club will be after you for that!
By some distance to imo. Thought he was perhaps on the road out with all the racism stuff he has faced in Spain but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Hard to see how you get the best out of both of them in the team.

Amazing to think in 2022 we beat Dortmund 6-4 on aggregate on the way to the Europa Final and who have a lot of the same players plus Bellingham yet in the last few weeks failed to beat Ross County, Motherwell and Dundee

Explain that?

Because we have an entirely different team and manager from then? A lot of people are stuck in this loop of thinking we have been using the same players for 10 years.

PSG fans giving it jig kicks to that Allez Allez Allez song to the tune of Yellow Submarine
Any veterans of PSG Rangers at the Parc des Princes in 2001 remember their ultra’s singing this ? It was in my head for days afterwards.
I remember the massive Irish Tricolour their fans waved, complete with a shamrock in the centre.

Every disappointment they've had in Europe since, is a delight.

Superb from Dortmund, really hope they go on to win it, highly unlikely however it keeps that magic of football alive.

Back