Pub in Bothwell/Uddingston

david1872

Out for a meal tonight in Bothwell and fancy a few beers after somewhere.

Anywhere decent or places to actively avoid for obvious reasons?

Go to the Camphill Vaults for a drink
Got a cool story about there...

My scooter club at the time were out for a run and decided to got there as we knew another scooter club had there meeting in there and were paying a courtesy visit.

So anyway we went in and i was showing me m8 the framed Liverpool top up on the wall and telling him it was Robbie Fowler's. He was still playing at the time.

Honestly no sooner did i stop saying and the door opened and in walked Robbie Fowler lol carrying a pair of golf shoes. The look on my m8s face was priceless lol

Got a cool story about there...

My scooter club at the time were out for a run and decided to got there as we knew another scooter club had there meeting in there and were paying a courtesy visit.

So anyway we went in and i was showing me m8 the framed Liverpool top up on the wall and telling him it was Robbie Fowler's. He was still playing at the time.

Honestly no sooner did i stop saying and the door opened and in walked Robbie Fowler lol carrying a pair of golf shoes. The look on my m8s face was priceless lol
Met him in there myself.
I could be wrong but his agent John Viola had an interest in the pub.They sat beside me at the 98 cup final as well.My only time in the piggery main stand

Met him in there myself.
I could be wrong but his agent John Viola had an interest in the pub.They sat beside me at the 98 cup final as well.My only time in the piggery main stand

His agent was George Scott who stayed in Bothwell at that time. Frequented the camphill as that was his local. Robbie liked to get away from Liverpool and spent a lot of time up here

His agent was George Scott who stayed in Bothwell at that time. Frequented the camphill as that was his local. Robbie liked to get away from Liverpool and spent a lot of time up here
Thanks bud.I knew I had the agents name wrong

Angels is very good if you're in after the football. More of a Celtic pub during games but I've watched Rangers games in there with other fans as well. For food and drink there's nowhere better value in Uddingston

The crafty fox just down from tunnocks right at the cross, great dink & lovely clean pub, I know the owners also have gin fair on just now.

Angels is very good if you're in after the football. More of a Celtic pub during games but I've watched Rangers games in there with other fans as well. For food and drink there's nowhere better value in Uddingston
This.

Great pub suited to all ages.

Just left Camphill ten mins ago, go there. Da Luciano’s is shit, Cricklewood full of papes and Douglas arms is the watering hole after the chapel. Camphill or Bothwell Bridge.

I live in Uddingston but the Camphill in Bothwell is my local. Try not to drink in Uddingston as too many rattlers kicking about for my liking.

I was in Bothwell the morning of the SC Final and there seemed to be a steady flow of papes heading for the Camphill Vaults. Looked as there could be a bus leaving from there. Was genuinely surprised.

I was in Bothwell the morning of the SC Final and there seemed to be a steady flow of papes heading for the Camphill Vaults. Looked as there could be a bus leaving from there. Was genuinely surprised.
No supporters bus leaves from the Camphill. Probably just stopped off before heading to Hampden. Remember a couple of years back, I had arranged a lift from the pub to Ibrox one Saturday afternoon and a bus load of Dundee fans descended on the pub before their game at Hamilton.

Actually its maybe cos he had a horse racing at hamilton. I dont know if this is a true story but I once heard that him and Steve Mcmananamanam had a couple of racehorses they called " a horse" and "another horse" just to noise up the commentators

Back