Pubs in Clydebank

Grampian Bear

Official Ticketer
Im visiting my son who has recently moved to Clydebank not far from Singer train station , is there any pubs of the right persuasion in the area to watch the game in tomorrow or visit today, or any slop holes to avoid?

Train along to Kilpatrick and the Lusset or Ettrick will be full of bears. Probably ticket only though.

Atlantis across the road from singer will be mixed.

Avoid the Cleddans (top of the hill) or Chandlers at the bottom of Kilbowie Road.

Masonic Hall in Hardgate has a bus running from it for home games, 5 mins up the road from Singer

What's The Goldenhill like? mentally challenged place?

Just curious as I pass that when going to visit my Gran.

Im visiting my son who has recently moved to Clydebank not far from Singer train station , is there any pubs of the right persuasion in the area to watch the game in tomorrow or visit today, or any slop holes to avoid?
Sounds like he lives near me, avoid the Cleddans bar as it will be full of the unwashed, the Atlantis leans towards Rangers but wont be 100% Bears

Bay Inn in Bowling will almost certainly be all ticket. Defo used to be for these games anyway.
New owner. Probably not even be showing the game. As others have said, Old Kilpatrick is probably the best bet. Glen Lusset or OK bowling club. Kilpatrick is only 2 stops on the train from Singer and both places only a couple of minutes walk from there. As others have said though, Lusset will be ticket, or need to persuade someone at OKBC to sign you in.

Go along to the Glen Lusset. Whilst not what it used to be better than others.

Bar 68 is also okay in terms of somewhere to go thats not football orientated.

This is a good shout the Cabin along the road all be it a bit rougher is a Rangers shop
Generally, aye its more Rangers. Not sure what it'll be like now though with the mentally challenged hovel the horse and barge being shut down, could lead to a few going there.

What are Mackintoshes and the Mountblow, are they both mixed?

Generally, aye its more Rangers. Not sure what it'll be like now though with the mentally challenged hovel the horse and barge being shut down, could lead to a few going there.

What are Mackintoshes and the Mountblow, are they both mixed?
Been away from Dalmuir a while now but back 10 years ago Mackintoshes was more Rangers and Mountblow more tims, the Park Bar as mentioned earlier was an excellent pub really well run and vast majority Rangers especially on match days

Glen Lusset is ticket only and no chance of entry without one.
Ettrick has a slight mixed clientele and sometimes adopts a regulars only policy for these matches.
Goldenhill and all pubs in Duntocher/Hardgate are absolutely no go for these matches.
Cleddans, Chandlers and most probably Alexander’s are no go too.
Best bet would be the Park Bar on Dumbarton Road near to Golden Jubilee Hospital or a short taxi ride to Station Bar at Yoker.

Thanks for the feedback guys , away to have a sortie today round the more local establishments today and will consider the options over a pint or 2.
We might venture further and hit the Louden.

Coming from duntocher the greatest sight I ever seen was all the rabids hanging over the fence outside odonnels spewing on helicopter Sunday. Place is best avoided they have overun every pub in duntocher and hardgate. Even the golf club is full of them. I'll make a point if we win tomorrow of stopping in at the spar next to the duntiglennan when I get back from hampden to see them spew.

New owner. Probably not even be showing the game. As others have said, Old Kilpatrick is probably the best bet. Glen Lusset or OK bowling club. Kilpatrick is only 2 stops on the train from Singer and both places only a couple of minutes walk from there. As others have said though, Lusset will be ticket, or need to persuade someone at OKBC to sign you in.
I don’t know how new the new owner is, but me and my mates watched the EL Final there and it was definitely a Rangers pub then.

Was in the Lusset in Old Kilpatrick for the Scottish Cup Final, first time I'd been in for years, definitely 100% Rangers, proper sing song after the match.

Ettrick has a slight mixed clientele and sometimes adopts a regulars only policy for these matches.
Goldenhill and all pubs in Duntocher/Hardgate are absolutely no go for these matches.
Best bet would be the Park Bar on Dumbarton Road near to Golden Jubilee Hospital or a short taxi ride to Station Bar at Yoker.

Is the Doublet in Faifley still open? I think they used to run a supporters bus to the games.

You seem to know your onions regarding pubs in the area. What about Quoiters? Slophouse?

I nipped in for a pint when putting a coupon on. 2 auld Shettlestons at the bar and the led lights were set to green, but I eavesdropped on the auld tadgers and they said "the Rangers boys will be in later". We were on TV that night v St Johnstone in the cup.

Last edited:
You seem to know your onions regarding pubs in the area. What about Quoiters? Slophouse?

I nipped in for a pint when putting a coupon on. 2 auld Shettlestons at the bar and the led lights were set to green, but I eavesdropped on the auld taggers and they said "the Rangers boys will be in later". We were on TV that night v St Johnstone in the cup.
Quioters is rabid. Often advertising Charlie and the bhoys etc.

The old Cameron house at Hardgate ( not sure of it's new name ) seemingly has a supporters bus leaving from it, so most likely a bear friendly place

N
I don’t know how new the new owner is, but me and my mates watched the EL Final there and it was definitely a Rangers pub then.
Not saying it's not a Rangers pub. JGL bus still picks up from there. Not the way it used to be though. Owner not keen on showing OF games, or at least having the pub open for these games. Has previously done it ticketed behind locked doors. Not sure what the script is tomorrow. Just saying to the OP there's probably better options nearby.

Hillview inn.. drumchapel is 5 mins away in taxi..

I would just go to The Atlantis, straight across the road from Singer Station.

They used to have bears up the stairs and rats downstairs for these games, but not sure if that still happens.

Coming from duntocher the greatest sight I ever seen was all the rabids hanging over the fence outside odonnels spewing on helicopter Sunday. Place is best avoided they have overun every pub in duntocher and hardgate. Even the golf club is full of them. I'll make a point if we win tomorrow of stopping in at the spar next to the duntiglennan when I get back from hampden to see them spew.
I drove past the dunti and odonnels after we beat them last time, simply the best playing, feck em.

Back