QPR & Bristol City Want Josh Mcpake

If he's been performing well and has a year left on his contract I'd imagine we wouldn't let him go. Also as a general question when our youth players are out of contract does the cross border loophole also apply for English teams signing our youth players?

Guessing if he sees no route to our first team he will want to go and perhaps we will want something for him rather than let his contract run out .

Guessing if he sees no route to our first team he will want to go and perhaps we will want something for him rather than let his contract run out .
All he has to do is look at Patterson to see there is a route to first team if you are good enough - although luck certainly plays a part in it, for example would Patterson have played at all had Tav not been injured.

The whole situation has changed now though.

Now that we are back on top of the heap I expect to see a different scenario at Ibrox as of now. The option now is for players like JMcP are clearly going to include greater commitment to be included in the matchday squad because, like it or not, we are possibly/probably going to see some of our top performers moving on to more lucrative contracts than 'we' could consider. With the likelihood of this they will be in a better position to achieve perhaps a better outcome than QPR or Bristol City.

I think Kai Kennedy maybe join Paterson in the first team squad next season , hopefully Stephen Kelly could shadow the maestro Steven Davis , Josh McPake , Leon King ! Ciaran Dickson hopefully the next cabs on the rank.

That would be the perfect scenario.

Realistically though, Kelly is in and out of the Ross County team and and Kennedy is doing well in the Scottish Championship.

They're both a bit away from being regulars in our first team yet, imo.

McPake, Dickson and King are probably a year behind the other 2.

Realistically though, Kelly is in and out of the Ross County team and and Kennedy is doing well in the Scottish Championship.

Kelly’s got 2 wins vs septic on his cv now mate , I’m not saying he could fill Davis’s boots , we’ve brought Zungu in & he’s a doubt that he could step in , sooner or later we need to try & see how it unfolds & hope it works .

Davis , Jack , Arfield , Kamara ? Aribo , Kelly . That should be ok , drip feed his game time .

With 9 subs I think Kennedy should be in & about the squad , we got not too much from Jordan jones & barker , it’s a low bar , Scott Wright & Kai Kennedy can hopefully offer as much or more than them !

Does anyone In the know what the management team think of Mebude? Scored a good goal at the weekend.

Would love for us to produce our own striker, though I think he is in the last year of his contract so looking like he might be let go?

If he goes permanently I would like a buy back clause to be inserted, and would imagine we would also have a sell on.

I was excited about McPake and believed he had a big future.

Kelly’s got 2 wins vs septic on his cv now mate , I’m not saying he could fill Davis’s boots , we’ve brought Zungu in & he’s a doubt that he could step in , sooner or later we need to try & see how it unfolds & hope it works .

Davis , Jack , Arfield , Kamara ? Aribo , Kelly . That should be ok , drip feed his game time .

I'm just concerned he doesn't start automatically in the County midfield mate.

He was dropped again on Saturday against Hibs.

I'd just like to have seen him establish himself more up there this season.

I know mate , I’m not shouting & bawling that I’m right , I just think sooner or later we have to see . County are fighting for their lives , but over the season I think Kelly’s done alright up there , it’s hard to tell , Scott Wright was t exactly setting the heather on fire .

I think what we’re looking for from our midfield & perhaps with a few exceptions , ie debruyne , foden , Tiago , Davis modern midfielders seem to grafters , if you can get one who can graft & keep a hold of it , you’re onto a good thing .

Who knows

Wright could be big player for us next season

I’d be tempted to start him v the filth

his pace would give them nightmares

I like him mate, but I think he's probably behind Roofe, Aribo and probably Hagi, to start alongside Kent and Morelos on Sunday.

We've got some terrific options for our front 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

He’s 20, and has made 24 appearances for a team battling relegation. I’d say that is unbelievably harsh.

I’ve a feeling , not itk, that we’ll be keeping an eye on Lewis Ferguson , depending on possible players leaving us . I know there are plenty doubters & I haven’t seen anything from him that suggests he’ll be a better midfielder than his auld boy or uncle , but as I said earlier , midfielders nowadays are dogs , water carriers , if young can get a youngster , who’s robust & scores a few .

I’ve a feeling , not itk, that we’ll be keeping an eye on Lewis Ferguson , depending on possible players leaving us . I know there are plenty doubters & I haven’t seen anything from him that suggests he’ll be a better midfielder than his auld boy or uncle , but as I said earlier , midfielders nowadays are dogs , water carriers , if young can get a youngster , who’s robust & scores a few .

Would take Ferguson but not at the price Aberdeen will demand.

Does anyone In the know what the management team think of Mebude? Scored a good goal at the weekend.

Would love for us to produce our own striker, though I think he is in the last year of his contract so looking like he might be let go?
Out of contract in the Summer. Probably SFA ban ahead. Not looking good for the lad.

Would take Ferguson but not at the price Aberdeen will demand.
If we get big bucks for someone , we can reinvest some of it .

If Alfredo is sold , ideally I’d like to keep the majority of the rest of the squad together , but it depends on what bids we might receive .

If we get big bucks for someone , we can reinvest some of it .

If Alfredo is sold , ideally I’d like to keep the majority of the rest of the squad together , but it depends on what bids we might receive .

Ferguson has the physical attributes and can score a goal..... but im not convinced he has the ability to control or dictate a game. That’s why I wouldn’t be paying the money Aberdeen would want.

Ferguson has the physical attributes and can score a goal..... but im not convinced he has the ability to control or dictate a game. That’s why I wouldn’t be paying the money Aberdeen would want.
I wouldn’t be held to ransom , but he’d cost a few quid that’s for sure.

If the rumours were true about Dickson's family or agent being behind that Rangersleaks account on twitter then he will be away in the summer.

If the interest is genuine in Mcpake then he might want to pursue it as he has Hagi, Wright, Aribo, Kent and Roofe all ahead of him for that number 10 position and that's before you consider Kennedy as well.

Nothing against him but if the offer is good enough he will be sold. The list of players already in front him is long, plus we will always be looking to add more quality.

Fingers crossed you are wrong. It is all about opinions and I have seen little from him that suggests he is anywhere near good enough to play in a SG Rangers side.

id be sending Kelly out again - no point him sittin on the bench . Boy has talent .

Would be good going to a Motherwell or a St Johnstone and playing reg football .

Same with Josh .

He hasn't been able to start very often for QOS, who are in the bottom half of the Scottish Championship.

Out of contract in the summer too, so I think he'll be moving on.

He hasn't been able to start very often for QOS, who are in the bottom half of the Scottish Championship.

I’d imagine so.

It feels like loan moves are something of a kiss of death for Rangers players. Docherty, McCrorie, Murphy and Rossiter are the obvious examples; I suspect Jones, Edmundson, Barker and Hastie will all go the same way.

McPake is 19 so like Patterson should be chapping on the door of the first team if he’s good enough. Instead he’s been loaned out to a couple of lesser clubs with modest results.

He’ll be gone in the summer.

He's made 6 appearances since January and scored twice.

Think we'll extend his contract by a year and Loan him out again. Similar to what we have done with Barjonas in the past.

I can see both mebude and Mcpake getting a years extension to see what they are like one year down the line. Similar to barjonas. Mcpake could make it here imo, just needs to continue progressing, he was highly rated at one point and then he had a bad loan at Dundee which seemed to set him back. His current loan seems to have reinvigorated him. Mebude just hasn’t really played much so I’d imagine we will want to see what he’s like on loan to a championship for a full season to see how he progresses

I’d imagine so.

It feels like loan moves are something of a kiss of death for Rangers players. Docherty, McCrorie, Murphy and Rossiter are the obvious examples; I suspect Jones, Edmundson, Barker and Hastie will all go the same way.

McPake is 19 so like Patterson should be chapping on the door of the first team if he’s good enough. Instead he’s been loaned out to a couple of lesser clubs with modest results.

The standards at Rangers are incredibly high now mate.

Doc is doing very well at Hull and will be playing in the Championship next season, as might Jones and Edmundson.
Barker and Murphy are doing well on their loans too.

They're all good players and are comfortable playing at a high level.

Unfortunately for them, Rangers is an even higher level.

McPake seems to be doing better on this loan than his previous ones, so at 19 I wouldn't completely write off his Rangers career yet.

It definitely will be tough for him to make it with us though, I agree.

He's made 6 appearances since January and scored twice.

Think we'll extend his contract by a year and Loan him out again. Similar to what we have done with Barjonas in the past.

I'm not so sure mate.

When QOS have had all their strikers fit, he isn't getting a start.

Maxwell has done well and is a 1st pick, as is Breen, but Dapo has struggled a bit.

I’d imagine so.

There is a difference between development loans and sending senior players away because they have no future.

I'm not saying the likes of Kelly, Maxwell et al will make it, but their situation is apples and oranges compared to Murphy, Rossiter and Docherty.

There is a difference between development loans and sending senior players away because they have no future.

I'm not saying the likes of Kelly, Maxwell et al will make it, but their situation is apples and oranges compared to Murphy, Rossiter and Docherty.
Sure, but ultimately the question is the same: what player has returned from loan under Gerrard to become a regular part of the squad?

It’s no criticism of the manager by the way, he sets a very high bar and some just aren’t going to reach it.

Back