QPR want Beale as manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think Gerrard will struggle immensely if Beale leaves for QPR. I am not actually sure Gerrard has much in the way of management ability. When left on his own to make calls he seemed to struggle.

However, time will tell.
When were these times he was left to make calls on his own?

When were these times he was left to make calls on his own?
When he was standing on the by line expecting to lead the club. Make decisions, make subs etc. He just seemed to stand there and take no action. When the team was set up right we were working well - when things seemed to go wrong during the game nothing happened - that appeared to be the times Gerrard was in full control and didn't react. His use of subs was probably the worst we've seen in a while.

That said, I could be very wrong but I do believe Beale was the brains behind everything that Rangers did when he was here with Gerrard and I do believe that Gerrard will struggle without him. Unless of course he gets someone else in that is very good tactically. Gerrard might very well make a very good manager one day, in fact I am sure of it. However, I think he is very much still learning his way and needs a fair bit of guidance.

Reactions: TQ3
Don’t think it’s a good move for Michael. Take your time. The right club will come along. Wish Michael all the best.

For all Beale takes the adulation from us for being the master tactician that keeps SG on the right path, they haven't exactly set the heather alight in the EPL or with us in the first part of the season this year. Perhaps a fresh approach is exactly what Gerrard needs to get more from his team.
Correct and for everyone who says Beale is a master tactician we were forever struggling with regards to having a plan b.

Great guy who I hope does well but I think he gets an easy ride and only time will tell.

So many great coaches fail when they make the step up. Just look at Ian Cathro

When he was standing on the by line expecting to lead the club. Make decisions, make subs etc. He just seemed to stand there and take no action. When the team was set up right we were working well - when things seemed to go wrong during the game nothing happened - that appeared to be the times Gerrard was in full control and didn't react. His use of subs was probably the worst we've seen in a while.

Baraga at home, Hagi game
Celtic at home, Aribo goal,
Antwerp home, Patterson
Motherwell home, Itten,
Standard Liege at home

Loads happened in those games TBF

I think his style can help QPR at least try and sustain the very good job Warburton done there.

Always thought if Gerrard had come in after Warburton, rather than Pedro, we'd have won the league in the 17/18 season.

Baraga at home, Hagi game
Celtic at home, Aribo goal,
Antwerp home, Patterson
Motherwell home, Itten,
Standard Liege at home

Loads happened in those games TBF
I suppose we could look through all the games and see where it went wrong. I'd imagine there was a lot. I am not saying it was every game and sometimes things did work out really well for us. However, there is no doubt there were some absolutely insane subs or refusal to make any that did cost us in games.

That said, I'll focus on my main point. I think Gerrard will really miss Beale and will need to get a back-up in quickly that can do the similar job. If Gerrard was so good I don't think that would be an issue. I think it's pretty much accepted within our support that Beale was the main man behind Gerrard so not sure why I am the only one that appears to be wrong.

I don't think Beale does comfort blankets (his stint in Brazil would state the opposite in terms of ambition).
Those were different times he was a young coach trying too learn as much as he can he is now older making the best money of his career coaching top players in the EPL not easy too leave that and take on all the responsibility and you could be binned in a few months.

I suppose we could look through all the games and see where it went wrong. I'd imagine there was a lot. I am not saying it was every game and sometimes things did work out really well for us. However, there is no doubt there were some absolutely insane subs or refusal to make any that did cost us in games.

That said, I'll focus on my main point. I think Gerrard will really miss Beale and will need to get a back-up in quickly that can do the similar job. If Gerrard was so good I don't think that would be an issue. I think it's pretty much accepted within our support that Beale was the main man behind Gerrard so not sure why I am the only one that appears to be wrong.

Of course there would be instances subs didn't work or change the game as expected, could apply that to any manager - there were plenty instances when they did and when games were changed rather than nothing happening.

I think Beale would equally miss Gerrard TBH, do people even give a f*ck what he has to say without his presence there to make them buy in.

Just about every manager going needs a pretty decent assistant, was never as Gerrard exclusive as some made out, just seems logical management to have someone around you who can bring something to the table TBF

I like Beale but I found the general cult of Beale some took to quite odd at times as well, the decisions, good and bad are always ultimately made by the manager and rest with the manager, the whole that was good means Beale, that is sh*t means not Beale thing never worked for me.

Mental to think that Michael Beale is the only top coach that SG can ever turn to.

Incredible that if he was to leave Aston Villa that not a single other top class coach anywhere in Europe would be attracted at the thought of working alongside Steven Gerrard and earning a seven figure salary at the same time.
Even more remarkable when I read on here that SG had ran his course and we were piss poor under him that Beale’s name was never mentioned.

Will be interesting to see how each of them fare once going their separate ways. Sometimes it's the combination of the right personalities and dynamic that make a team work well together as much as their individual skills and that can be hard to replace.

Down South they won't be short of applicants to fill their backroom staff positions, but whether they get the right mix again to achieve success is the question.

Wish Beale a lot of luck in it though. He seems a good guy and as passionate about the game as they come IMHO.

I'm not going to knock Gerrard or Beale on here after they delivered 55 and stopped the 10 IAR. However the way they left for a team, who in all honesty are very unlikely to be challenging for the big honours in England for a while, did leave a rotten taste. Michael Beale's a great coach and tactician, and I wish him all the best for the future, whatever he decides. He does seem to still have a great love for Rangers, so who knows what the future will bring. But let's remember, Gio and his team appear to have been an upgrade, yes we blew the league and dropped so many stupid points, I wouldn't argue about that, hopefully we'll address that next season. However it was in Europe that we really saw what they could offer as coaches, constantly changing the formation throughout each game to counter the opposition's tactics. Unfortunately we didn't carry the luck to have our main strikers for the latter part of the season or so many things could've been different.

Hopefully Gio, Dave Voss and the rest of the team will build on this season's achievements and set us up for a strong challenge in the Champions League and get us on track for 56.

And as stated earlier, good luck to Michael Beale in whatever he decides.

The same people calling him a tactical genius and constantly licking his arse on twitter and insta etc telling him to come back are probably the same people who bitched and moaned about how pedestrian our tactics had become and we had been found out by the dross of the SPL.

Hope he does well. I'll always look back fondly on Gerrard and his teams time here. Added to the fact that Beale always talks us up and is extremely complimentary of our club.

Poor qpr getting rid of one Plan B is do Plan A better and getting another in his place. They will play 433 and get found out quickly. We just thought him and Gerrard deployed good tactics as we hadn’t known any better for years. Gios played more systems in one game than they tried in 3 1/2 years with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back