Quality images - 1994 Purple strip

Rossi1872

I've recently bought this (in my opinion) glorious strip and am planning on framing it. I would like a couple of images to frame along side it, but am finding them a bit thin on the ground.

Does anyone know where I might find images of decent enough quality to get printed glossy for framing?

The only two games we ever wore this kit were;
v Sampdoria (5th August 1994) - pre-season friendly
v Motherwell (22nd October 1994) - Scottish Premier Division

Willie has a few decent ones of Laudrup, Hateley and McCoist in an archive folder;
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery/Archive-Rangers/G0000Jou5PDmrV_s/2

Any help appreciated!

Rangers-1994-1995-adidas-third-shirt-kit-01.png

Last edited:
It’s funny with this strip - people going nuts about it now.

I remember it was being ridiculed at the time as unnecessary and a bit of an odd colour for a Rangers kit.

It’s funny with this strip - people going nuts about it now.

I remember it was being ridiculed at the time as unnecessary and a bit of an odd colour for a Rangers kit.

I didn't really like it at the time but nowadays it's one of those strips that I just associate with a player, and in this case it's Brian Laudrup. So it's more about that association that make me like it now.

I didn't really like it at the time but nowadays it's one of those strips that I just associate with a player, and in this case it's Brian Laudrup. So it's more about that association that make me like it now.

I bought a retro Scotland shirt purely because it had McCoist 9 on the back. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I Associate the Purple top with Laudrup too. A shame we didn't use squad numbers then .

Got it as a youngest, never felt so ripped off about a Rangers shirt, basically never seen it worn by any of my idols. Still got it mind you.

I had a poster of Gordon Durie wearing it on my wall that I got from the Rangers News. I think it wa s the 1st full kit I had.

I have one as well in a box along with a lot of others. Are they worth money? I wouldn't sell so just curious.
Lots of our old shirts go for a few quid on the likes of ebay, i'm the same , i wouldn't look to sell either

I bought a retro Scotland shirt purely because it had McCoist 9 on the back. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I Associate the Purple top with Laudrup too. A shame we didn't use squad numbers then .

I got LAUDRUP 11 on the back in the most generic letters and numbers imaginable! Think it was from a wee store in The Forge

I’ve got most of the jerseys from 1987-2005 here at home. Probably won’t wear them (much) again, so may put them on eBay.

I've got long sleeved original player shirt, fairly rare, only ever seen 1 other long sleeved one ever coming up for sale.

Back