Queens Park and bringing in young players.

I think this is a brilliant idea and I seriously can’t wait to see how it all turns out. There has been a need outside the Old Firm for a good academy set up in Glasgow and surrounding areas for years. I used to coach youth football and every team I’ve been involved in have absolutely hammered both Rangers and Celtic youths, now have guys playing professionally for likes of Morton, Dundee, Kilmarnock etc. What could have been for these lads if they’d have had a settled structured set up to be involved in instead of jumping between few small teams while watching their mates getting dropped by either Rangers or Celtic, including some of themselves. I think Queens Park might have just opened the can that’s been waiting to be opened and they will be able to grab opportunities by both hands due to actually now having the staff to make sure all is possible. Fantastic for Scottish football!

Sides like Falkirk killed their youth set up, cut back on pitch maintenence to pay the likes of Connor Sammon money. Dinosaurs.

Hibs have made a fair whack over the years selling players here and down south. They have a decent catchment. Don't see why Queens Park can't exploit the West a little more. Easy off the Motorways and down the to Ayrshire.

It just speaks volumes of how backwards our culture is in Scotland when a Dutch guy has came over and has just ripped up the 'norms' and wants to properly go for it regardless of the doubters.

A Scottish counterpart would be to much of a shitebag to do anything like that.

I hope they get some success from this. It'll be an interesting watch. Hoover up the young talent on the promise they'll be given a real chance and they'll do well in the player trading market.

Back