Question with regards Ibrox Suite ?

sonowilliam

The family have booked me into the Ibrox Suite for Sunday as a birthday gift,are you allowed to wear your Rangers scarf ?

Dress code states - Smart casual however sportswear and football colours are strictly forbidden for all guests attending matchday hospitality.

It seems to me to be a ridiculous rule if that is indeed the case.

Thanks in advance.

Been in the Ibrox suite a few times.

Was in on Sunday for the hibs game.

I like wearing my suit but to my surprise I seen 2 guys with light jeans and casual shirts on.

Most other guests were smart

There was another big table with 2 teenagers who both had Rangers scarfs with them but were still dressed smart.

Can only assume because they were younger they were allowed scarfs.

First time I went no one had colours.

My advice.

Dress smart, enjoy your birthday and don’t take a Rangers scarf with you.

I was in cooper suite Sunday, that is shirt/tie......although someone was wearing denims with shirt/tie (not my idea of smart right enough).

Ibrox is more casual......you could get away with jeans/shoes for example but I would be wearing suit to any of the suites, looks better and makes the day feel more special

When in the lower leagues i went a few times and it was used also for opposing teams wags and family so was a mixed crowd.

Having said that i dont think for a moment it will be mixed on sunday or any other spl game.

I was in a Club Europe earlier this season and it was largely people in suits, definitely no colours though.

I do find the no colours policy in the hospitality areas of a football ground, where 99% of punters will be supporting the home team, to be a bit odd. I can’t imagine what offence would be caused by someone wearing a Rangers scarf in these sections.
I understand that there are some business relationships being made and potentially deals done in this environment.. which also happens to be a football match, where folk wear the colours of their team.

Smart casual and put your Rangers scarf in a pocket and wear it when in your seat, remove it going back in at HT and FT.

The family have booked me into the Ibrox Suite for Sunday as a birthday gift,are you allowed to wear your Rangers scarf ?

Dress code states - Smart casual however sportswear and football colours are strictly forbidden for all guests attending matchday hospitality.

It seems to me to be a ridiculous rule if that is indeed the case.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can take a scarf. Football colours being strictly forbidden is more of reminder to not turn up dressed for a game of 5's and is in case corporate clients have mixed company.

Dress like a Rangers fan does on such occasions, take a scarf, and you'll be fine,

I was in a Club Europe earlier this season and it was largely people in suits, definitely no colours though.

I do find the no colours policy in the hospitality areas of a football ground, where 99% of punters will be supporting the home team, to be a bit odd. I can’t imagine what offence would be caused by someone wearing a Rangers scarf in these sections.
I understand that there are some business relationships being made and potentially deals done in this environment.. which also happens to be a football match, where folk wear the colours of their team.

I hosted a table in the Ibrox Suite for competition winners for a season. They always told folk to remember they were in the "Home" end and to act accordingly. One game an Aberdeen fan won and brought with him a collection of Celtic, Hearts and Rangers fans. The two Celtic fans were wearing Rangers ties, as they hadn't brought their own tie and had to buy them from the Superstore.

The Aberdeen fan was a nightmare, jumping up off his seat when Aberdeen went close etc. Thankfully we won 2-1 and he was at the bog when Aberdeen scored.

Oh! And Davie Provan was an absolute gentleman who will be dearly missed.

I hosted a table in the Ibrox Suite for competition winners for a season. They always told folk to remember they were in the "Home" end and to act accordingly. One game an Aberdeen fan won and brought with him a collection of Celtic, Hearts and Rangers fans. The two Celtic fans were wearing Rangers ties, as they hadn't brought their own tie and had to buy them from the Superstore.

The Aberdeen fan was a nightmare, jumping up off his seat when Aberdeen went close etc. Thankfully we won 2-1 and he was at the bog when Aberdeen scored.

Oh! And Davie Provan was an absolute gentleman who will be dearly missed.
My brother and I took my Dad along a few years ago to the Ibrox Suite where Davie Provan was the host.

He and my dad spent around 30-45mins blethering about the good days as they knew each other through a mutual friend. My old man had a ball that day.

Back