Quiz - Rangers European Opponents

tcbuzz

Ladies and gents, please find in the link below a new quiz I have made "Glasgow Rangers European Opponents".

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tcbuzz/glasgow-rangers-european-opponents

I am aware there is another quiz on Sporcle on this subject, but it has many spelling mistakes and hasn't been updated in years.

I have made it slightly easier in that in some cases you only need one word - i.e. PSV instead of PSV Eindhoven.

Give it a go and post your score. Also I would appreciate it if you could "rate" the quiz on Sporcle.

P.S. If you see any mistakes, please let me know. Also, try my other quizzes.

I gave up because my spelling is shit.

If I could spell I'd probably have only maaged about 70ish.

I got 102 but ran out of time.

Think you could do with shortening some of the answers and also using the more commonly known name I.e. Man Utd or Sturm Graz.

106. Couldn’t spell a few. Monchengladbach for one!!!

I went country by country. Never made it to Greece, Turkey or Israel. Only big teams I missed were spurs, Kaiserlautern and wolves.

Amazed we have only played 1 Hungarian team, only 3 Polish and 3 Austrian teams.

Great quiz.

I got 102 but ran out of time.

Think you could do with shortening some of the answers and also using the more commonly known name I.e. Man Utd or Sturm Graz.

Sturm Graz is Sturm Graz. Grazer FK is a different team.

Reactions: TBM
By the time I pissed away a chunk of time trying to get my head around the format I managed to salvage 44.

Ladies and gents, please find in the link below a new quiz I have made "Glasgow Rangers European Opponents".

I am aware there is another quiz on Sporcle on this subject, but it has many spelling mistakes and hasn't been updated in years.

I have made it slightly easier in that in some cases you only need one word - i.e. PSV instead of PSV Eindhoven.

Give it a go and post your score. Also I would appreciate it if you could "rate" the quiz on Sporcle.

Weirdly enough I was doing the very original quiz you mentioned only yesterday and was getting frustrated when some of our recent opponents weren't accepted! Thanks for the update.

The traditional English name of the team from Sweden (97/98) isn't accepted (and is spelt incorrectly when the answer is revealed), you should maybe change that. Other than that, looks fine.

one query, in 1964/65, you have us playing Borussia Dortmund after we played Red Star Belgrade but I thought we played Rapid Vienna (won 3-0 and Baxter got his leg broken in the last minute)

one query, in 1964/65, you have us playing Borussia Dortmund after we played Red Star Belgrade but I thought we played Rapid Vienna (won 3-0 and Baxter got his leg broken in the last minute)
I think you are right. I noticed that myself earlier and i was going to check it tonight. Thanks

Enjoyed it but feel you could allow a few different spellings of some teams. As a result i lost out on the 2 Borrusia and a few others so missed out on an extra 13.
Still weird how often we have played Dortmund over the years.

Last edited:
I got 115 . Spelling of some is so difficult which cost me at least another ten points .

I admit three or four I’d simply never have thought of no matter how much time . Great quiz

Enjoyed it but feel you could allow a few different spellings of some teams. As a result i lost out on the 2 Borrusia and a few others so missed out on an extra 13.
Still weird how often we have played Dortmund over the years.

I dont think its that difficult to spell Borussia, mate!

107 and pissed off trying to get it to accept Borussia MG. I’veseen it Spelled so many different ways, it will always be hard to fill in in these type of quizzes.

My spelling let me down for the Euro opponents. I tried your Scottish capped Liverpool players but Don Hutchison wasn’t there mate.

My spelling let me down for the Euro opponents. I tried your Scottish capped Liverpool players but Don Hutchison wasn’t there mate.
I just checked there - Hutchison left Liverpool in 94 and got his first Scotland cap in 99.

85 out of time ,spelling problems.
Interesting list of all the teams we have played. (Found it easier to remember the sixties and seventies)
My 1st European game was Leeds at home in 1968, 142 games back on the list.
After tomorrow it will be 137 out of 142.
Missed Vojvodina, Ajax, Valencia and Partisan Belgrade at home.
Moscow Dynamo 72 Final.

Got 100 odd would have been better if the quiz allowed things like, ‘that mob fare Munchengladback or ‘whits their name fae Vladikavkas’

The most telling thing is that I never got 5 of the games that I actually attended away. Shelbourne, Leverkusen, Kaiserslautern, Copenhagen, Bremen.

Probably because on each occasion I was drunk when I got there, drunk when I got home and was not sober at any point in between! I only know I was at these places because I have still got the ticket stubs in the house.

Got 100 odd would have been better if the quiz allowed things like, ‘that mob fare Munchengladback or ‘whits their name fae Vladikavkas’

The most telling thing is that I never got 5 of the games that I actually attended away. Shelbourne, Leverkusen, Kaiserslautern, Copenhagen, Bremen.

Probably because on each occasion I was drunk when I got there, drunk when I got home and was not sober at any point in between! I only know I was at these places because I have still got the ticket stubs in the house.
I done absolutely pish. 47%.
I typed Kaiserslautern, Borussia Dortmund, St ettiene, Alania Vladikavkas amongst others that it didn't give me.
Shite spelling, shite fan, shite.
Good quiz though!

Back