Racist Kudela given 10 game ban, Kamara 3 games (all discussion here)

'ABUSE' ROW

Cops report ‘racist abuse’ of Glen Kamara and ‘assault’ in Rangers-Slavia Prague game​

BREAKING

COPS have reported alleged racist abuse of Rangers ace Glen Kamara and an alleged assault after their Europa League clash with Slavia Prague.
Police confirmed a report had been made to the Procurator Fiscal amid accusations Czech star Ondřej Kudela called Kamara a "f***ing monkey” following the game.
Cops have made a report to the Procurator Fiscal
Cops have made a report to the Procurator Fiscal
The Slavia Prague ace denied the charge and counterclaimed that he was attacked by the Light Blues ace in the tunnel post-match on March 18.
Rangers lost the Last 16 reverse leg 2-0 - which saw them exit the Europa League.
Kudela was given a ten-game ban by Uefa for the alleged racist abuse.

Slavia had previously denied the allegations - but in a shock U-turn released a statement on their website apologising to Kamara.
Club chief Jaroslav Tvrdik: “Ondřej was suspended for 10 UEFA games and as a club we respect the decision.
"In any case, Ondřej Kúdela should not have approached the opposition player.
"I deeply regret that and apologise to Glen Kamara for a situation that has clearly caused distress to him and his teammates, as well as everyone associated with Slavia and Rangers.
I am taking positive steps to prevent such a situation from happening in our club ever again.”
Kamara was given a three-match ban by Uefa over the alleged assault after the match.
The Ibrox ace’s lawyer Aamer Anwar said he was disappointed by the length of Kudela’s ban - which will see him miss the Czech Republic’s Euros clash against Scotland this summer.

A statement read: “It is welcome news that today Uefa has found Ondrej Kudela guilty of the racist abuse of Rangers player Glen Kamara.
"However, Glen is left disappointed that the sanction imposed by Uefa on Kudela is the bare minimum of 10 games, that could be imposed.”
A police spokesperson said: “A report has been sent to the Procurator Fiscal following enquiries into alleged racial abuse and a reported assault at the match between Rangers and Slavia Prague at Ibrox on Thursday, 18 March, 2021.”

My understanding is that any appeal can only be to have the verdict overturned and for Kudela to be found not guilty of racism.

As he has received the minimum ban it would be pretty pointless appealing the severity of the sentence.

I hadn't seen GK's lawyers original tweet until very recently and the wording of it surprised me as it seemed to suggest that he was the one pushing for a 10 game suspension under the misapprehension that that was the maximum.

As you say it ultimately won't make any difference to this case or any appeal. If, however, I needed legal representation then I'm not sure I'd be rushing to hire Anwar based on his performance here.
Agree it won’t be turned over and if it’s as you say the best Slavia can hope is it dies down as quickly as possible, any appeal will keep it in the news and would look horrific anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks GK's lawyer has made a mess of this.
Nope.
His initial tweet after the UEFA announcement was about how Kudela had received the "maximum" 10 game suspension and stated that that was exactly what they were pushing for.

He later changed his tweet to say "minimum", omitted all reference to that being what they were pushing for and was now condemning the extent of the suspension - which was in total contradiction to his initial tweet.

Sounds to me that he misread the UEFA rules, thought that 10 games was the maximum punishment and, as such, actually asked for that to be the suspension given to Kudela.
This is exactly how it looked to me yesterday too.

After seeing Gareth Bale's "accidental" elbow I think the racist can expect some more special treatment when he plays in Europe.

They were talking about this on CNN sport and they found it difficult to believe that Kamara had been punished for his reaction to his racial abuse,so it's out there globally.

So Roofe gets a 4 game ban for accidentally assaulting a player, but Kamala gets a 3 game ban for intentionally assaulting a player? Both harsh IMO.

They would go a man light

Eg. For sake of the explanation, say it was Tav. England have games in the Euros. Won't be picked. But he's banned anyway. How can you be banned from something if you are not selected to take part? My understanding is any ban would have to affect the numbers avaialble
My understanding of this is that if Czechia DID select him he would be unavailable so this part of his punishment is meant to exclude him from the Euros. As (seemingly) Czechia won't select him he will have to service all of his 10 games ban with his club.

Strange turn of events that, Slavia we're at least paying lip service about moving on and learning from anti racism charities.

Do clubs lodge appeals on players behalf or do they do it individually?

I have a gut feeling that Slavia and Kudela are sadly going to prevail here.

My opinion was maybe that UEFA punished him due to the immense pressure of the public condemnation. As far as I knew the evidence came down to Kamara and Zungu's word against his and I didn't think this would be enough to officially prove anything either way so the charges would be dropped. I might have missed things but I hadn't seen anything from UEFA to explain how they arrived at their conclusions? I know there were documents to be released but didn't think these had been made public yet.

If that was the case then things could get messy if UEFA have acted without finding proof.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I think everyone with even a hint of common sense can see what took place and loopholes or not this guy deserves sterner punishment, not to be let off on a technicality.

Was it every confirmed that we were also appealing the length of his ban? Kamara’s lawyer said they could appeal for a longer ban and would discuss this with the club

My opinion was maybe that UEFA punished him due to the immense pressure of the public condemnation. As far as I knew the evidence came down to Kamara and Zungu's word against his and I didn't think this would be enough to officially prove anything either way so the charges would be dropped. I might have missed things but I hadn't seen anything from UEFA to explain how they arrived at their conclusions? I know there were documents to be released but didn't think these had been made public yet.

If that was the case then things could get messy if UEFA have acted without finding proof.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I think everyone with even a hint of common sense can see what took place and loopholes or not this guy deserves sterner punishment, not to be let off on a technicality.
Yes, because 2 peoples word against 1 is never enough to prove an offence...

Yes, because 2 peoples word against 1 is never enough to prove an offence...
I didn't say it was never enough, I was simply expressing my doubt at whether it would be in this case.

I thought without a mic or camera having picked it up it would have unfortunately been deemed inconclusive.

Didn't Slavia state that they'd stand by the result of any investigation into the incident?
I'm sure they came out with that.

They should have said they'd stand by any favourable result, the backtracking racist c unts.

Although in any sane person's mind, Kudela has already received a favourable outcome.

Uefa do not need evidence they act without it often as and when it fits there own position .

I did fear that this would be what happened that they could find against him and let the appeal remove the judgement on Kudela . That way they could claim they acted on the racism and he then gets the supposed clearance from an appeal .

it’s such a scummy person and club and association that is involved here .

Didn't Slavia state that they'd stand by the result of any investigation into the incident?

They should have said they'd stand by any favourable result, the backtracking racist c unts.

Although in any sane person's mind, Kudela has already received a favourable outcome.
Maybe the player thinks they haven't backed him? Working his ticket for a sacking and a pay off. Whole thing has been murky as hell as soon as the deflection, Scotland yard, lying all started minutes after the incident

Tbf the Appeal is a part of the process .

I’m expecting that his club support him . Everything they have said and done is caustic and so wrong .

do we know if they club have to support an appeal in this case ?

I didn't say it was never enough, I was simply expressing my doubt at whether it would be in this case.

I thought without a mic or camera having picked it up it would have unfortunately been deemed inconclusive.
The case is corroborated . Not that it required it but it is .

Z5fxIuM.png

As far as I understand it, Kudela (as an individual) is entitled to appeal - and I'm not surprised that he has. Let's just see how it goes.

Can’t quite believe this excuse for a human being has he no shame everybody and his Slavia teammates included know what this man said it really is shocking. If there is any justice surely they will increase the ban.Rangers and Police Scotland have got to take this all the way and nail this horrible racist hiding behind his cupped hand don’t think I’ve ever felt so angry it all boils down to Uefa,s half hearted response to eradicating racism they care more about money and there shit tournaments than the basic rights of human beings.

Not surprised really. A 34yo who has lost his chance to play in an international level tournament. He may as well appeal. He has already lost his respect, dignity and decency, here’s hoping he loses his appeal as well :mad: :mad: :mad:

The case is corroborated . Not that it required it but it is .
Yes but look at it objectively. Corroborated by Glen's teammates who probably were also present at the alleged assault. Kudela is using the system, who knows how long the appeal will take. If it lasts as long as Patterson, Zungu etc then Kudela could possibly play at the Euros!
That may be his end game.

Yes but look at it objectively. Corroborated by Glen's teammates who probably were also present at the alleged assault. Kudela is using the system, who knows how long the appeal will take. If it lasts as long as Patterson, Zungu etc then Kudela could possibly play at the Euros!
That may be his end game.
Well tbf they were on a pitch so it could only be our player or our coaches a teammate or his own bench , or an official mate .

hos club have went heavy on not only denial but confirming what he said was what he claimed . Officials heard zilch is what we were told .

what it would amount to is highly suspect conduct that let’s be honest totally supports the claim and one , or two . black people who would need to be lying and invent a race incident with no real reasoning .

as I say we don’t need corroboration we have the claim the circumstantial evidence stacks up plus BZ heard it and supports the victim .
All the subsequent counter-evidence from Slavia doesn’t stack either . Then we have the copycat racism. From Czech Republic , from Celtic fans and even the copy slogans on SM and around the countries .

it’s by all criteria a convincing case and No this is not a court of law demand

Back