Rafa Benitez not interested in the celtic job

tenor.gif

"Hi Rafa Pete here. Yes we would like you as manager at keltic. You will have zero transfer budget, most of our players are shit and youll be expected to bring in players capable of overtaking an absolute shit hot juggernaut of a team across the city managed by one of your former player who is just about to attain legendary status". "Hello ? Rafa ? Hello ?

mentally challengeds were wanking themselves into a frenzy as well haha,this was never happening,Lampard will tell them to GTF as well B-)

Really shocked a manager who was earning 12m a year won't take on a massive building job with players jumping ship on a shoe string transfer budget.

He doesn’t want the gig at sharkheid??? The prospect of halfwitts chasing the team bus doesn’t appeal to him? Wow! B-D

I don’t expect him there but mind Rodgers said the same then a few weeks later he was their manager.

And there were a few on here who were genuinely thought he would take it.BawhaaaaaaaaB-)B-)B-)

Last edited:
Do these f**king idiots think they are going to get a benitez or a pochettino and the likes ,no manager worth thier salt will take that job , they got lucky with rodgers as he was out of work and he probably saw it as an easy gig to make a few quid before going back to EPL at the first opportunity

Waiting for the Daily Record headline from Celtic saying they were never interested anyway.
Yep, definitely Eddie Howe, wait it’s Frank Lampard, or Steve Bruce, no it’s Mark Hughes. :rolleyes: Actually the new favourites on the Huddleboard is Damien Duff or The Martian

I'm not really sure I understand the clamour for Benitez, or why indeed he has such a high opinion of himself.

He's achieved great things in the game but it was quite some time ago, and has spent the last 7 years fucking around at Newcastle spending a season in the Championship, before disappearing off to the backwaters of China where he made an arse of it. He's an absolute mercenary who has had more clubs than hot dinners and has been largely irrelevant since he won the Europa League with Chelsea who, the year before, had won the Champions League.

I'll never forget in January 2013 when Chelsea were playing Swansea away in the semi final of the league cup. Swansea had won the first leg 2 nil and Chelsea were therefore chasing the tie. Its nil nil in the second leg and his solution after 68 minutes was subbing Ivanovic for David Luiz, then deciding to replace Ashley Cole at left back with Ryan Bertrand on 80 minutes. Some of his decisions in changing matches or general team selection were really fucking weird.

There were some honking displays during his time with Chelsea and this was during a time when I would go to matches regularly - I was at Reading away late January 2013 on a fucking Monday night and had to watch as Adam Le Fondre scored a 95th minute equaliser. Grim stuff

He pulled it together and managed to get Chelsea top 4 - i was there for Villa away at the end of the season where lampard broke bobby tambling's goal scoring record but chelsea had toiled badly in that match against a dreadful villa side, which was pretty pish as it was a Chelsea team that had won the CL the previous year - the only significant outgoing player from the CL winning team was Didier Drogba, but that summer in 2012 had seen incomings including Eden Hazard, Oscar, Victor Moses, Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen with Demba ba signing in the winter window as additional striking cover. He froze john terry out and said that he was finished at the top level as a centre back - two seasons later JT is lifting the premier league trophy having played 38 matches. I think Terry and Lampard have both spoken quite openly about how Benitez is a cunt

He also has more than a few managerial clusterfucks on his CV after his Inter and Real Madrid debacles. Strange cunt who seems to think of himself as a managerial elite yet i'd be surprised if any club with genuine ambition went for him now as there was next to no clamour for him when he left Newcastle a couple of seasons back.

sorry for long post. just think he's a bit shit really.

In addition to the above rant, i'm also not sure what premier league club he thinks he is going to be offered a job at, particularly when he says he wont work with mike ashley again. mid tier teams like southampton are doing well, villa sit in 8th and moyes has west ham flying at the moment.

Palace? Wolves (albeit Nuno has credit in the bank)? Fulham?! Arsenal are shite but are 4 wins from their last 5 in the prem and knowing quite a few gooners they are all content to give arteta time.

Benitez is a bit of a deluded fuckwit IMO. no chance he's getting a prem club any time soon.

When asked about perhaps, maybe, could he join celtic... If only to watch a match, or try a pie he said...

CircularIcyBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

This is terrible news.

Fresh off the back of Pochetino going to PSG, Rafa has now said no.

Next on their list was Pep, he must be red hot favourite now.

The only people who ever thought Benitez was going to Celtic were the Daily Record’s scribblers, two bookies in a shop in Paisley and Declan, Micky and Liam

Back