Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium

Bobby Russell

Real Betis play in the same city with a more modern stadium and almost 20 thousand more capacity . Both are 4 star stadiums but I noticed Sevilla's has some restricted viewing.

Seems a shame as their could have been lots more Bears in stadium had it been played at Betis. For me just over 40 thousand is not criteria to be hosting a major European final. Same could be said with Manchester in 2008 I suppose with the Etihad and Old Trafford.

lot-euro-money-brown-envelope-isolate-lot-euro-money-brown-envelope-148553901.jpg

40-thousand is fine it's just unfortunate that this time the final involves 2 teams with massive followings - that can't be predicted in advance when the venues are decided.

There's been loads of UEFA/EUROPA finals through the years where there's been handfuls of tickets outside that can't get given away.

It's one of these things.

I don't think it's logistically possible to move it even to another stadium a few miles away in the same city when the final is about 10-days away.

Not saying they should move it now, just wondering why it was chosen ahead of a much larger and better stadium in same city in the first place.

The stadium where the 2003 final was held holds 57k and is still there too. It’s utterly bizarre UEFA has chosen the smallest stadium when there are two much larger grounds in the same city.

Hopefully the local authorities can utilise them as fanzones for each club.

It is the two biggest supports that are in The Europa League that have made the final.
If it had been teams like Braga or Red Bull Leipzig wouldn’t have been an issue.

No idea if this image will work, but here's 1 of 3 different plans I've seen so far. Would be good to get official layout for game
Sevilla.jpg

Real Betis play in the same city with a more modern stadium and almost 20 thousand more capacity . Both are 4 star stadiums but I noticed Sevilla's has some restricted viewing.

Seems a shame as their could have been lots more Bears in stadium had it been played at Betis. For me just over 40 thousand is not criteria to be hosting a major European final. Same could be said with Manchester in 2008 I suppose with the Etihad and Old Trafford.

The thing that does my nut in is the fact,UEFA give tickets to neutrals, who have no interest about the game whatsoever, just to basically make a few quid by ripping the real supporters off, why don’t they just give all teams who make these finals a 50/50 split, it’s a fuckin disgrace! £2k at least now for a ticket!

When we played there in December 2009 the stadium was a bit of a dump,not sure if it has improved any since then.
There was a bit of a rammy with the police before going in the stadium.
Seville is a cracking city.

Last edited:
Another thing to add is I wouldn't worry too much about the category of your ticket. Cat 4 non RV will be on a par with the middle of the Copland or Broomloan Rear. Forced Uefa requirement to split into 4 cats, only real separators between tickets is Longside, shortside and RV IMO.

40-thousand is fine it's just unfortunate that this time the final involves 2 teams with massive followings - that can't be predicted in advance when the venues are decided.

There's been loads of UEFA/EUROPA finals through the years where there's been handfuls of tickets outside that can't get given away.

I don't think it's logistically possible to move it even to another stadium a few miles away in the same city when the final is about 10-days away.
When was the last time 40k was fine? It could 100k and it would sell out

Was there when we played them in 2009 didn't think much of the stadium then typical Spanish Municipal feel to it.

It is the two biggest supports that are in The Europa League that have made the final.
If it had been teams like Braga or Red Bull Leipzig wouldn’t have been an issue.

I remember reading the report from the organising committee following the final in 2008.

They said they were worrying about a zenit-fiorntina final as they would struggle to even give them away.

Out of the bids for the final I'm sure it was only the Puskas stadium in Hungary that had over 60k capacity.

It was between this one in Seville and in Tbilisi which is slightly bigger I think.

Didn't a 20k stadium in Czech Republic also go in for it??

There's a wee airfield to the left. Saw someone mention the other day a 15 seat jet is 15k each way. Anyone up for it? :))

Two bigger stadiums in the same city at 57k and 60k.

Allocating one of these to each support and using them as an official fanzone showing the game wouldn’t be the worst idea.

Charge 10 euros entry or whatever to cover overheads.
That would help alleviate potential trouble.

And that's why no European final should be set in stone beforehand.

There should be a pool of venues set out to start with all over the continent. As a tournament progresses you whittle down the ones not appropriate. Like removing a venue that could potentially be a home venue for a finalist (Roma v Liverpool 1984 for instance) or even one finalist playing in their home country (Liverpool v Brugges at Wembley 78)

On the other hand, last season, Wembley would have been appropriate as both finalists were from England, as would the Olympic Stadium in Rome for the 2003 CL final when both sides were Italian.

A final should be played in a neutral venue for both finalists and a capacity to match should also be taken into consideration.

Just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure it could only happen in SFA run Scotland that Ibrox could be considered for staging a final, but gosh, darn there was a Doctors' Convention in the city that same week and all the Hotel beds were taken up, so no European final for Ibrox.

I remember reading the report from the organising committee following the final in 2008.

They said they were worrying about a zenit-fiorntina final as they would struggle to even give them away.
If Bayern had got through instead of Zenit the ticket situation for Manchester would have been a lot different as demand from Bayern fans would have matched our demand.
Zenit getting to the final allowed more Bears to get in.

Reactions: VGM
The Conference final is being played in Albania in a 22,000 capacity ground.

UEFA were clearly worried the Conference would flop and be played in a big ground half empty.

They are reviewing the conference league after three seasons and deciding whether or not to carry on with it.

No danger they abolish it as it’s been very well received

have UEFA just given Sevilla the EL final because of how much they've dominated the tournament over the last 10-15 years or so?

should have at least thought about the capacity, although they shouldn't be giving "sponsors" any tickets and denying fans of both clubs the chance to watch a potentially defining game for their club

UEFA were clearly worried the Conference would flop and be played in a big ground half empty.

They are reviewing the conference league after three seasons and deciding whether or not to carry on with it.

No danger they abolish it as it’s been very well received

Tbf it's been of a far higher calibre than I expected. Seeing big sides like Roma and Feyenoord play each other in a final is good for European football imo. UEFA needed to do something, things were beginning to stagnate, with both the Europa League and Champions League prizes largely being contested by the English or Spanish teams.

Tbf it's been of a far higher calibre than I expected. Seeing big sides like Roma and Feyenoord play each other in a final is good for European football imo. UEFA needed to do something, things were beginning to stagnate, with both the Europa League and Champions League prizes largely being contested by the English or Spanish teams.
What happened to Bobo of the Shire after they put the filth out?

The yahoos I was working with all said they were some team. That's presumably why one of them put 200 sovs on his own team to get beat in the second leg. Faifool fru and fru.

The yahoos I was working with all said they were some team. That's presumably why one of them put 200 sovs on his own team to get beat in the second leg. Faifool fru and fru.

After beating that mob, they then beat Alkmaar. Went out to Roma eventually in the next round.

The arrogance they showed towards Bodo/Glimt was mental, considering their form in european knock out football in the last 18 years.

It has been forgotten about, but they actually said they were fine with being in the Conference because they had a good shot at winning it, unlike us, who were gonna get battered by Dortmund. The daft dicks had their name on the trophy before they'd kicked a ball in earnest. They had fans, players past and present, the press and pundits claiming they were in with a shout at in winning B-D

Wrote us off entirely ofc.

When we played there in December 2009 the stadium was a bit of a dump,not sure if it has improved any since then.
There was a bit of a rammy with the police before going in the stadium.
Seville is a cracking city.
Agree was a bit of a dump in 2009 when we played there. Don't know if any improvements have been made since then.

Using my tax money to bet………manky irresponsible b@stards

From photos I'd have guessed it holds 50-60k.
I think it did hold 60k when it was built for the 82 World Cup. Think I read that somewhere. Then went down to 50k and down again when it was redeveloped in early 2000s.

Tbh 40k probably adequate for most finals. Also uefa’s cut of tickets for neutrals is probably less of an issue in normal finals.

Uefa should build a stadium purely for European Semi Finals, Finals and Nations League etc Then maybe fans could have a decent allocation and they can have as many corporate people they want. 40k for any European final is just fucking terrible.

Wish it had still been in the Puskas stadium in Budapest like it was supposed to be before it was changed.
Bigger stadium and better city..... at least the Seville angle annoys the beasts though.

UEFA pick Seville over Tbilisi as the location of the Final but UEFA never picked the stadium, the Spanish FA did by selecting Seville as the host city then selected the ground

No reason Ibrox can't host a final in the future then although it always goes to hampden which is a joke.

Back