Rangers’ Jordan Jones returns to training after 12 weeks out following Celtic injury

Its another attacking option for us once he is match fit,more competition for places in the team keeps everyone on their toes.

Daft wee bugger cost himself and us a good run with him on some decent form.
Now he’s got Kent to compete with.
it gives another kick up the arse to the rest of the attack minded midfielders ie Arfield, Stewart, Ojo because we can play Jones as the conventional winger and Kent as the More central one for instance.

If played on the right he will be the best option when we want pace.

I'll say one thing about Steve Clark, he has made Jones a very good player off the ball, he does a lot of good work defensively and may be able to replicate Candeias' partnership with Tavernier

i think he’s shown enough in flashes to show why.
Especially in Europe against Midjtyland and Warsaw.
His performance against Hibs was the one that stood out to me, beat a couple of players and got to the byline everytime he got the ball

His performance against Hibs was the one that stood out to me, beat a couple of players and got to the byline everytime he got the ball
To be fair, I could’ve done that against Hibs that day :p

i think he’s shown enough in flashes to show why.
Especially in Europe against Midjtyland and Warsaw.

He was good against them. But people saying we should move Kent, the far better player, out of LW, where he has excelled, to RW, just to accommodate Jones are delusional.

He was good against them. But people saying we should move Kent, the far better player, out of LW, where he has excelled, to RW, just to accommodate Jones are delusional.
We don’t actually play a right winger most games. Arfield plays more inside forward which is something Kent excelled at towards the end of last season.

He's been training for a couple of weeks now, perhaps that's him just returning to full training now but he's definitely been at the training ground doing bits for a number of weeks.

He will be available for the final. Might not start but he would certainly be a good option to have from the bench for the last 20 when the game has opened up.

We don’t actually play a right winger most games. Arfield plays more inside forward which is something Kent excelled at towards the end of last season.

Agreed.

I always thought that was one of the point of the three up front system.

That was a huge learning curve for the young man who has missed a lot of football, including big European games. The experience would have been invaluable. Reflecting over the last 12 weeks will improve his attitude and make him a better person and player.

We know it was a stupid thing to do but 90 percent of the Rangers fans that day would loved to have had the chance to do the exact same thing, he's a young guy and he will learn from his mistake, he has a bright future in front of him glad to see him back.

He did it to one of the most inoffensive, ineffective players in their squad. Brown, Ajer etc. I'd have seen the point

I'd go as far as saying Murphy, who also isn't good enough for our aspirations, is a better player than JJ. But Murphy isn't a cult favorite due to his Nation.

Kent nowhere near the player he was last season yet maybe that's why some are saying that.

Hes so far away from first team action at the minute, i would imagine 3-4 weeks before he gets a sniff.

Glad to get JJ back fit - hope he pushes on - fully fit & on form

Meanwhile apologies for going off topic & further to posts above - what is the position with Murphy right now ?

Is he fully fit ? Match fit ? Avaiable for selection ?

Kent nowhere near the player he was last season yet maybe that's why some are saying that.

Whilst that may be true, Jones is nowhere near Kent now.

We absofuckinglutely do not move our 2nd best player to accommodate someone who is just back from an injury. We just don't.

Whilst that may be true, Jones is nowhere near Kent now.

We absofuckinglutely do not move our 2nd best player to accommodate someone who is just back from an injury. We just don't.

You move whoever you have to if it gets the best out a team that's what footballs about Jones will probably come back a bit like Kent not firing and picking up silly injuries which often happens when players are out.
I don't see it being an issue at all.

Glad he's back in training but can't see him getting anywhere near a sub appearance until the new year.

12 weeks out is basically the off season. Players like him need a full preseason to get their fitness to a level required to make a difference, especially given the strength of the team.

And I suspect we wont see the best of him til next season. Until then the best we can hope for is competing with Stewart.

Will be a good option to have, was proving a lot of people wrong, me included, before his injury

Big price to pay for what was a shocker of a tackle driven by frustration but for me is a far better option than likes of Barker

Can only improve the options in the squad

Back