Rangers £1.2 million Tillman windfall

I think we've got more chance of gems joining us on a straight transfer.
If they spend a year here on loan, getting the shit kicked out of them every week, they're far less likely to want to stay longer.

When you think about it, the fact that Bayern came to this agreement with us has to indicate that Tillman was willing to sign for us, right?

We had him on loan with the purchase option but the only way we could have actually used that purchase option would be if Tillman also wanted to be here.

Tillman could have said "no thanks" to signing for us, regardless of any purchase option agreed between the clubs, and the sale wouldn't have gone through. So for it to be worthwhile for Bayern to buy us out of the purchase clause we had, he had to be willing to come here.

If this was the case I can't for the life of me understand why we didn't buy one of Europe's most promising young talents.
Not if PSV were offering Bayern more than we might have. Bayern could have exercised that clause for any reason.

On a personal decision level, after a year of being booted %^*& out of by thuggish SPFL midfielders and defenders or playing almost guaranteed CL football with PSV in a better league, probably earning more money, and with better sell-on prospects, it's a no brainer for Malik.

This seems like another case of revisionist history from a lot of people on here and a lot of our fans in general.

I remember constantly having to stick up for him during his time with us due to the stick/abuse he was getting from our support.

The boy was an absolute class act. He was miles ahead of all the other players we had but he was consistently played out of position and criticised for being 'lazy".

I would've loved to have kept him but I understand why he thought PSV was a better career choice for him at the time. The money we've managed to make from what was essentially a one year loan deal is impressive too.

He'll be playing in the EPL within 18 months of now and we will still have people in our support saying he wasn't good enough.

The amount of our fans on this that didn't think he was worth £5,000,000 was insane. This just proves he was. Great talent
If anything we undervalued the market prices regarding what would come next.

The money is obvs needed but considering we were strong armed out of an agreement you have to say Rangers couldve pushed for a larger sell-on as recompense or indeed some sort of second, subsequent kickback because hes not going to stay at PSV for too long either.

Good news. Taking off the rose tinted specs, I'm delighted he's not playing today. His performances v them were rancid.

To all those saying it's a good bit of business, it wasn't. He was a good player, though admittedly Beale would've drained that from him. But if Beale had spent that on Tillman he would've had less to spend on the other dross he brought in.
But mainly the issue is we had the agreement for 5.8M. If we sold him for 12M we would've made 6.2M, instead we've made 2.2M. That's fucking shit business.
If they wanted to cancel the agreement we should've nailed their balls to the wall to make them get out of it. 30% or 40% sell on, not 10% plus a larger amount to cancel it.

When you think about it, the fact that Bayern came to this agreement with us has to indicate that Tillman was willing to sign for us, right?

We had him on loan with the purchase option but the only way we could have actually used that purchase option would be if Tillman also wanted to be here.

Tillman could have said "no thanks" to signing for us, regardless of any purchase option agreed between the clubs, and the sale wouldn't have gone through. So for it to be worthwhile for Bayern to buy us out of the purchase clause we had, he had to be willing to come here.

If this was the case I can't for the life of me understand why we didn't buy one of Europe's most promising young talents.
My understanding was Bayern had option to buy us out. It wasn't our decision.

Back