Match Thread Rangers 1 (Arfield) Livingston 0 FT

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
IGiWqUr.png

I was thinking. Really tired and bored watching us play these teams parking the bus and trying to break them down.
Again got to accept a 1-0 win.

Hate saying this but this really is a must win game.
Going for a scrappy 2-1 for the Bears.
C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to hope that after that display midweek the team will come out all guns blazing,i'll go for 3-0 the bears.

Preparing to set off, going to miss borna, gotta match them physically,feel the players have a point to prove, let's stay together!, going for 2-0 to the Glasgow Rangers.

Weather is going to be awful today so I'm expecting a terrible game, which won't help the players get the fans back on side.

We have to get back to winning, and winning well. I'd love a 4-0 but will settle for 1-0 just now

It won’t be pretty, but I’m expecting a reaction from Wednesday night, so going for. 2-0 win.

Need to start hammering these teans. Heart says 5 nil. Head says scrappy 1 nil win.
C'mon Rangers just win.

I like to see us try something different today. The 433 isn't working just now and Gerrard has to see that. 4231 today. Get some proper width and ditch this two number 10s.
McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Davis
Jack
Kent
Hagi
Steward
Morelos

Horrible day not expecting much of a game, usual fare from the visitors. Just need to win and get it out the way and on to Thursday for a fresh challenge.

Is there any chance Kamberi will play today and Alfredo rested for the Europa game?

I suspect if Defoe had been fit, he would have started today rather than Morelos.

I like to see us try something different today. The 433 isn't working just now and Gerrard has to see that. 4231 today. Get some proper width and ditch this two number 10s.
McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Davis
Jack
Kent
Hagi
Steward
Morelos

Any one in particular?

Probably need 11 players too

Is there any chance Kamberi will play today and Alfredo rested for the Europa game?

I suspect if Defoe had been fit, he would have started today rather than Morelos.

I doubt it, we do need to change things up a bit though.

Without being overly dramatic I think this is something of a make or break for Gerrard.

He was furious on Wednesday, claimed he’d been let down by certain players, so change is needed, but not just to personnel, our formation and tactics too.

He’s acknowledged Livingston will play just like everyone else we’ve faced since the break so he needs to look at different ways of counteracting that today.

Simply going with the same variation on 4-3-3 with two or three tweaks and hoping plan A finally gets a result is not what I want to see and will have me questioning whether he’s capable of the tactical flexibility we need to win this league.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think it’ll be another slog today.

I’d like to see Morelos, Kamberi and Stewart start. Make a change in formation, if we get a good performance and convincing win stick with it

Heading through from Livingston soon! Lets get this season back on track with 3 points and a good performance!

Right up for this today now. Can the folk who can’t wait to jump on a players back for the first misplaced pass today please try and refrain. I get the players need to be giving us something to shout about, but the difference a positive atmosphere can have on the team is night and day compared to the moans and groans. Ibrox should be hostile for the opposition, not our own team.

Really think today is not just about getting a result but a convincing one hopefully 3-4 goals to the good and building some confidence back not just within the team but the fans as well. Let’s go Rangers!!

Just on way through the now, we need to play with more urgency and less of the tippy tappy side/back passes, the pace that we've been playing at lately is too slow and, generally, easy to combat.
So, if we play with our early season pressing play, then l can see a 2/3 goal win, and if it's been like lately, then it could be another slog.
So, I'll go for 2 or 3-0 today.

The "3 points are a must" days have gone. We've had three games where 3 points were a must since the break. It's now a lose-lose situation. If we turn the style back on, I'll just be thinking, Why couldn't you have played like that in every game of 2020? And if it's yet more half-hearted disappointment, things will get unpleasant. But I'll be there anyway.

I dunno, the pitch has been a mess for weeks and it's been relentless heavy rain for a lot of the past week. We're looking at a game of hoofball on a waterlogged pitch at best here.

If we are going to hoof it play Kamberi or Arfield next to Morelos for some presence to hold it up.

I doubt we will though. 4312 please. Hagi central behind two strikers

Come 3pm the weather is going to be dire indeed just hope it doesn't match the performance from us as the fans will be on the teams back which doesn't help.
A good start and two early goals please to settle the nerves. Livingston ffs.

I think we'll win but expecting a slog on our shambles of a pitch.
Larne ferries all cancelled this morning so it'll be the sofa and Rangers tv for me

Convinced we will see a big win today - 3-0 with Morelos getting two.

That said, I'll also settle for a 90th minute winner!

I HOPE that the performance is the polar opposite than Wednesday the weather is the same for the 2 teams so that cant be used as an excuse after what the gaffer said on Wednesday there can't be any slip ups we must hammer these guys and show the support that we can still FOLLOW FOLLOW we will always support the team if they show us they are up for it.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Time to end this horrible run of rubbish football, and get back to the pre shut down football we were so excited about.

No excuses acceptable today, do the business and give us all a lift.

Time to end this horrible run of rubbish football, and get back to the pre shut down football we were so excited about.

No excuses acceptable today, do the business and give us all a lift.

The game being off might be an acceptable excuse

Back