Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 1991

That was a brilliant day and a great result ; But it was done with a different breed and standard of player - they certainly had a stronger mentality . Also had less respect and fear of the scum .

We had lost 3 nil at Motherwell the previous week but conceded the second and third goals late on which put the sheep top on goal difference. Had we only lost one nil,all we needed was a draw to take the title on the last day via goal difference.

My abiding memory of the day was John Brown who was only playing on pain killing injections because of a foot injury còllapsing in the box with pain near the end and having to be stretchered off the park. That summed up the mentality of the team that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: TQ3
What a day

aberdeen got the entire broomloan front that day , numbers they hadn’t brought since Sir Alex.

I wonder why we gave them that many ?

The best atmosphere I've ever been involved at
as a Rangers fans and I've been a fan since the early 1960s. A great performance from a team that was down to the bare bones.

My 1 and only time standing at a game at Ibrox, in the enclosure as a 10year old. Remember being offered £150 for my £4 ticket before the game and my dad telling me if I sold it I would not be back.

Last edited:
Went to Motherwell the week before expecting them to win it there.

My dad met Walter and Archie during the week and they were both quite relaxed.

Fantastic atmosphere and result.

I read David Robertson's autobiography and he said in the lead up to the game the mood in the sheep dressing room that week was one of nerves as they were red hot favourites to win and reckoned some of them shat it on the day of the game.

What a day

aberdeen got the entire broomloan front that day , numbers they hadn’t brought since Sir Alex.

Probably due to league rules on percentage of tickets for away fans and because of the nature of this game. Not uncommon back in those days for Hibs and Hearts plus Killie to fill up the bottom deck of the broomloan.

Remember it well - turned down £125 for my £6.50 ticket in the Broomloan Rd stand because I'd predicted (the previous Tuesday) we'd win 2-0

What a day

Probably due to league rules on percentage of tickets for away fans and because of the nature of this game. Not uncommon back in those days for Hibs and Hearts plus Killie to fill up the bottom deck of the broomloan.
There was no rule place at all even for an allocation

That changed after 1994 when we banned them

Clearly maybe Aberdeen requested the entire bottom tier and we agreed

Back