Rangers and Hearts could lead legal revolt if Celtic crowned champions and Hearts relegated (Record)

Rangers and Hearts could lead legal revolt if Celtic crowned champions and Jambos relegated
UEFA have warned if leagues call the season over their future European qualification will be under threat.

We will use your email address to send you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor more information on how we use your data and your data protection rights.
Rangers and Hearts could lead a legal revolt against the SPFL if they defy UEFA’s orders and end the season now.

UEFA chief Aleksander Ceferin has made it clear that if leagues decide to finish the season prematurely, their future European qualification will be in jeopardy.

But SPFL bosses are set to defy UEFA’s directive and go against Ceferin’s wishes with Aberdeen chief Dave Cormack last night admitting the coronavirus “hurricane” leaves them with no option.

The SPFL are keen to give clubs clarity amidst the Covid-19 crisis by calling a halt to the campaign, with Celtic being crowned
Premiership champions and Hearts relegated.

But it’s understood that could open the floodgates to potential claims against the governing bodies.

MailSport understands Rangers, Hearts and others see a clear legal route to take and will lobby fellow SPFL clubs who would be adversely affected by the decision to join them.

Rangers, along with other clubs, believe UEFA’s decision is definitive and enhances the likelihood of claims against the league and its directors.

Jambos owner Ann Budge has also already stated the Tynecastle club would consider legal action if they were unfairly sent down to the Championship.

There’s also growing concern that some factions are intent on going it alone.

They’re adamant if Ceferin’s instructions are ignored, the SFA and SPFL would be ignoring their own rules and regulations.

A league source said: “The ramifications for stopping Euro qualification could be huge for several clubs in Scotland.

“Anyone who advocates anything to the contrary is setting a dangerous precedent and someone will have to take responsibility.

“It’s not just about the title or relegation – it’s about due diligence and doing the right thing.”

UEFA believe all leagues can still be finished by August and Ceferin was reacting to the Belgian FA’s decision to end their
campaign and crown Club Brugge champions.

The SPFL will hold a meeting tomorrow to discuss their next move and it’s understood they want to call the league now in order to distribute prize money to clubs.

Aberdeen supremo Cormack believes they will have to do just that if there is no prospect of football returning until September.

And he also warned even if football does resume after the summer, there could be closed-door games for the rest of the year.

Cormack said: “The best description I’ve heard of this pandemic is from the Governor of New York (Andrew Cuomo).

“He described it as a 300-mile wide category five
hurricane that’s going at three miles an hour and hasn’t quite hit land yet.

“So we have a lot to go through with society in the next few weeks.

“If it’s impossible to get games played in late July or early August, I don’t think we will have any choice but to call the league.

“Over the last 48 hours we have had three
conflicting stories come out from UEFA executives.

“This is 100 per cent down to UEFA and the big five leagues being concerned about compensation.

“I would hope that some decision is reached one way or the other, whether UEFA will support us or not.”

Cormack and his investors group have pumped £2m in to the Dons to fend off the financial crisis while players and staff have deferred wages.

He has budgeted to get back in July or August but has warned it could be much longer before fans are let back into stadiums.

He said: “We need to start working on what happens if no games can be played in front of crowds.

“In Asia right now, they are relaxing some of the isolation laws and the virus has come back. Let’s say we relax isolation in June or July, can you go the next day and play games in front of 10,000 to 70,000 people?

“I’m not trying to panic people but it’s important to ask: ‘What if?’ No.1, we need to look after the players and their health.”

And who gives a shit about SHEEP S******* Barristers and their little parochial club. Rangers with Budge should be making an un Holy Alliance with smaller Clubs, to stand up to Liewells Puppet from Alloa, SPFL/SFA. I’m sick and tired of these (19th Century TerroristS Political Sense) ruining our Football/Country.

After recent legal cases against Craig Whyte and Alex Salmond, my faith in the Scottish legal system isn't what it used to be.

But there's no option here, the corruption and the making rules up for the benefit of 1 club has to be fought all the way.

If this is about prize money, pay it. Make a partial payment to clubs, based upon current league positions and when the season can or can’t be concluded pay the balance of the cash.
If clubs end up owing a little, allow them to pay it back within a reasonable timescale.
A sensible suggestion.

I think Rangers are doing exactly the right thing by keeping their powder dry as football isn't important. Celtic are shameless, lied to hinder us in Manchester, offered Legia no condolence and now demanding a title they never won.

Aberdeen are simply desperate for cash and would equally stitch Celtic up as us for the money . Hearts have my fiull sympathy I don't think they would have been relegated and when the see how hard Dundee Utd found it to get back they know they won't survive either,
It’s all about one club.

The only club that had been touted by its cheerleaders to be awarded the title.

Contrast with how Liverpool ( who haven’t won a title for about 30 years ) responded with their “ saving one life is more important than a game of football “ statement.

Make no mistake, they need the money.

We can’t let them call it right now.

The SPFL are ready to go against UEFA? So the rhats aren’t bothered about playing in Europe next season?

Whole thing stinks.
This is all about keeping Celtic on track for 10iar. Do you think this would even be a discussion if it was us sitting top of the league. Lennon called for it almost immediately when this virus hit and their friends in the mhedia have ramped it up big time. In reality you can't possibly hand out titles for a season that has not been completed.

I can see a scenario whereby the scum get awarded the league and they then turn on the SPFL and sue them for the Euro monies they don't get awarded.

The SPFL League programme officially ends on May 17th. No club is legally obligated to compete or play League games after that date. The League will be then incomplete, null and void, or whatever term is applicable. Also, if the SPFL could have gifted that mob the title, then they would already have done so in a heartbeat. That they haven't suggests they know they won't get away with it.

So if the league can’t be completed before that date (or at least enough games to decide champions/relegations), then if one club refuses to extend the season beyond that then the SPFLs hands are tied and null and void will be the only option?

If push comes to shove, Hearts will be offered the sweetener of no relegation.
I still believe this is a route they will look to go down, leaving us as the only club inconvenienced and therefore easier to defend against just 1 club.
UEFAs stance has made it far more difficult for them though which is nice.
I do believe matches should be played if possible, but it’s getting harder to see how that can be done.
Whatever happens this season will always have a huge asterisk next to it.

This is all about keeping Celtic on track for 10iar. Do you think this would even be a discussion if it was us sitting top of the league. Lennon called for it almost immediately when this virus hit and their friends in the mhedia have ramped it up big time. In reality you can't possibly hand out titles for a season that has not been completed.

I'm not convinced this is true. Sure they want 9iar, but what they really crave is money. Money in prize money for being Champions, money from sponsors for being Champions, money from UEFA for Champions League participation.

So if the league can’t be completed before that date (or at least enough games to decide champions/relegations), then if one club refuses to extend the season beyond that then the SPFLs hands are tied and null and void will be the only option?

Under their own SPFL rules, the League programme will be incomplete if all games are not finished by May 17th. They could ask respective clubs to participate in lengthening the season, as they did for 4 days regarding us in 2008, but they are not legally bound to do so.

In regards to potential legal action, what could we hope to achieve? If they award them the title and hand out the money, they will move on and planning for next season will start.

Any legal action would surely take time, with appeals to the CAS and all the rest?

In regards to potential legal action, what could we hope to achieve? If they award them the title and hand out the money, they will move on and planning for next season will start.

Any legal action would surely take time, with appeals to the CAS and all the rest?
I would imagine any legal action taken would put a hold on any of that until it goes through the courts.

If push comes to shove, Hearts will be offered the sweetener of no relegation.

This.

If the SPFL move to award Celtic the title, they will also move to weaken opposition to the granting of the title and that'll take the form of buying-off Hearts with no relegation. Hearts won't stand, if the corruption benefits them.

This.

If the SPFL move to award Celtic the title, they will also move to weaken opposition to the granting of the title and that'll take the form of buying-off Hearts with no relegation. Hearts won't stand, if the corruption benefits them.
You cant have one without the other if they make the mentally challengeds championships then they must relegate hearts .

I’m sure Cormack would think the same of course if the Sheep were in fifth position as opposed to fourth (which is a Europa spot)

Sporting Integrity ya sheep shagging prick.
It will make no difference Mview,they won't get through the qualifiers anyway.

To be honest, and maybe i’m alone in this. Give them the feckin league title. More important things happening around us and history will not be kind to their latest “9iar”. 4 of them without Rangers and 1 of them gifted to them because of a global epidemic. They’ll be slagged for decades. This would put them back to the start regardless. Claiming trophies you haven’t won is not what winners do.

You cant have one without the other if they make the mentally challengeds championships then they must relegate hearts .

I hope your right, Inverhouse. None of this is about doing the right thing, though. If they need to buy-off Hearts by scrapping relegation, possibly through league reconstruction, then they will try it and Hearts would go along with it, I think.

there won't be any football in europe until way into next year in my opinion there won't be any flights borders will still be closed how can teams travel to play football?

Who gets european places if its declared null and void? you have the same problems. Not enough guaranteed winners to decide who gets what competition, or indeed any competition.

why would there be no legal recourse? Surely teams who consider it unfair would still take legal action.
Who would find a null and void season unfair? And equally, what law firm would take that case to court? Null and Void because of Covid...?

I think Rangers are doing exactly the right thing by keeping their powder dry as football isn't important. Celtic are shameless, lied to hinder us in Manchester, offered Legia no condolence and now demanding a title they never won.

Aberdeen are simply desperate for cash and would equally stitch Celtic up as us for the money . Hearts have my fiull sympathy I don't think they would have been relegated and when the see how hard Dundee Utd found it to get back they know they won't survive either,
You seem to forget how Hearts and their fans stuck the knife into Rangers and as for Dundee Hibernian I will no waste my time spelling it out to you as regards those scum, f*ck them both.

I hope your right, Inverhouse. None of this is about doing the right thing, though. If they need to buy-off Hearts by scrapping relegation, possibly through league reconstruction, then they will try it and Hearts would go along with it, I think.
Reconstruction isn't going to happen sky want 4 games against the mentally challengeds they wont get that with a larger league.

Who would find a null and void season unfair? And equally, what law firm would take that case to court? Null and Void because of Covid...?

In this Country I’d assume at least Celtic and Dundee Utd would, 66 non league and women’s teams have written to the FA threatening legal action over the recent voiding of their seasons.

Any law firm would take the job, they get paid regardless.

You seem to forget how Hearts and their fans stuck the knife into Rangers and as for Dundee Hibernian I will no waste my time spelling it out to you as regards those scum, f*ck them both.

There is no doubt that talks will already have taken place about the bribe that is be offered to those Gorgie bastards.

Dear celtic, rangers are the only club who can catch you. A playoff final at hampden then, no? Doesn"t guarantee your title? Its probably the only way to settle things this season with football.. when it restarts. Relegation? Same again these teams in the zone.
Hey what do i know, im as clueless as doncaster and co.

So, just sit back and do nothing then?

I never said that, I asked what we could hope to achieve with legal action?
Well I'm no legal expert but I know what to expect without it, and I also know what the supporters will feel if the club meekly accepts this. Dignified silence is not acceptable this time.

There will ultimately be legal action imo regardless of what happens you can only hope that it opens up the floodgates at the SFA and ends Doncaster's disastrous reign then onto the board and the rest of the charlatans that reign power within the corridors of Hampden.

A total clear out of the yes men, place men, and every mentally challenged minded individual with one agenda only and that's to aid them at every opportunity.

If Rangers go to war I'll all for it it should have done years ago get on with it.

why would there be no legal recourse? Surely teams who consider it unfair would still take legal action.

Who would challenge it maybe apart from Celtic and on what grounds would they challenge ? There is no legal route ,maybe dundee Utd would have a claim I don’t know but surely it’s far safer for the SPFL to null and void ,if they make them champs then litigation will come flying almost immediately

Dear celtic, rangers are the only club who can catch you. A playoff final at hampden then, no? Doesn"t guarantee your title? Its probably the only way to settle things this season with football.. when it restarts. Relegation? Same again these teams in the zone.
Hey what do i know, im as clueless as doncaster and co.

Would love a play off scenario. Could make it even more interesting and bring in Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Who would challenge it maybe apart from Celtic and on what grounds would they challenge ? There is no legal route ,maybe dundee Utd would have a claim I don’t know but surely it’s far safer for the SPFL to null and void ,if they make them champs then litigation will come flying almost immediately

I was questioning why you were so sure there was no legal recourse, in the quote above you say there is no legal route but Dundee Utd might have a claim?

I think there will be legal action regardless of which decision is reached.

Defy UEFA and Celtic out of Europe. It might almost be worth it.

They could be attempting to break the record for how many times it happens in one season/calendar year......

As for the whole article, it’s a real shocker that the sheep are smearing on the mint sauce and bending over for Liewell, isn’t it?

Back