Rangers announce further developments on digital transformation of Ibrox

The jury is out on that one for me. He has turned our strip into a billboard and still has some questions to answer over the Castore debacle.
Billboards that bring money in. Go back 5 years and all the money was going out. The pitchside and middle stand advertising was SD Puma and 32red Bringing nothing in

Another step to the club getting back to normal after the spiv years

Every Rangers AGM in the last few tears we were promised WIFI for the start of the new season and it never happened. Good news though.

He'll not be around to enjoy the fruits of his labour if he carrie's the can for the castore catastrophe. BIG gamble to go with novices and so far the signs are very bad.

Thats a massive statement, we have signed a 5 year deal with Castore, they will have time to fix their mistakes, i dont think James Bisgrove willbe sacked because of it.

What’s the likely deal with the Sky WiFi? Will it be free for fans? If so, how does the the club/sky gain?
Free for fans.

The club gains because the supporters asked for it and it keeps them happy.

Supporters will also put pictures on social media of them at the game, makes it seem more of a family friendly event. Free advertising basically which could attract a different type of customer.

Sky gain because they get paid to provide it.

Why do people think Bisgrove is a genius for paying a company to install WiFi?
His CV is outstanding. Hes dragged our club through marketing and digital strategies that simply were not there before. He has brought our club up to scratch on which should have never been neglected. Best appointment the club has made in many years.

Club infrastructure and digital footprint improving at a meaningful pace now. Good to see & no doubt more to come with it finally in the right hands.

The jury is out on that one for me. He has turned our strip into a billboard and still has some questions to answer over the Castore debacle.
Turning our strip into a billboard will help us to put a higher standard of player inside of it
Debacle - spiv direct, Hummel and elite ,now those were debacles.Castore have had a good start with one or two major issues arising.The mark of any good relationship is how you fix things that go wrong and how quickly.
Give them a chance

I miss the old days, Morse code, semaphore, smoke signals , the rhythm of the drums beating out the team selection :))
One of my early memories of going to Ibrox( mid 70’s) was the old scoreboard that gave the halftime scores that related to the matchday programme, some sort of letter system, remember seeing the guys changing them

One of my early memories of going to Ibrox( mid 70’s) was the old scoreboard that gave the halftime scores that related to the matchday programme, some sort of letter system, remember seeing the guys changing them

Two old guys pushing a barrow round the track which contained the numbers to put in the score boards on the boundary wall at both ends of the ground. Think they wore long white waterproof coats. You had to buy a programme to be able to identify the individual games.

Thats a massive statement, we have signed a 5 year deal with Castore, they will have time to fix their mistakes, i dont think James Bisgrove willbe sacked because of it.
After the Ashley clusterfu*k Rangers surely can't get involved in another bad kit deal. Teething problems were surely inevitable but the catalogue of schoolboy errors from Castore so far has been embarrassing and Bisgrove rolled the dice when surely he should have went with a more reliable supplier. Hopefully Castore turn it around but Bisgrove must surely carry the can if the deal goes sour as the attitudes of many Rangers fans towards Castore is already at breaking point.

Two old guys pushing a barrow round the track which contained the numbers to put in the score boards on the boundary wall at both ends of the ground. Think they wore long white waterproof coats. You had to buy a programme to be able to identify the individual games.
I think they used ladders at the back iirc, one of my earliest Ibrox memories

I think they used ladders at the back iirc, one of my earliest Ibrox memories

Can’t remember any ladders. The scoreboard as I recall was along the front of the wall separating the front of the Copland and Broomloan terraces from the track and facing towards the pitch. The guys with the barrow just stood on the track and placed the numbers denoting the scores against the appropriate letter. Could be wrong though, a long time ago.

Can’t remember any ladders. The scoreboard as I recall was along the front of the wall separating the front of the Copland and Broomloan terraces from the track and facing towards the pitch. The guys with the barrow just stood on the track and placed the numbers denoting the scores against the appropriate letter. Could be wrong though, a long time ago.

You remember it perfectly well mate.

Thats a massive statement, we have signed a 5 year deal with Castore, they will have time to fix their mistakes, i dont think James Bisgrove will be sacked because of it.

Of course he won't what a mental statement he has done largely good on the face of it but he's not the Messiah, far from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back