Rangers being sued for 1.1mil

BlueBear0022

Article in paper that we are being sued by Memorial Walls for pulling out of contract to have them build and manage memorial wall for next 125 years. Apparently Rangers board felt design was not fit for purpose. Any substance to this?

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...ever-came-home-from-the-Ibrox-disaster.24192/

Not sure agreement to move forward in planning stage is same as agreement.

I guess the court decides. Insane if anyone at club signed off on this BEFORE they saw the plans and he companies work.

Anyone see the plans?
The club also thought it would be “inappropriate” to have a statue of former captain John Greig at street level – with an outstretched hand to let fans give him a “high five”.

Seen that from the Record I think but that’s only clip I’ve seen so far

The club also thought it would be “inappropriate” to have a statue of former captain John Greig at street level – with an outstretched hand to let fans give him a “high five”.

What the actual f*ck? Lol.

Edit - nevermind!

Could they not have just redesigned it?
That would kind of make sense.

This is where we do digging and find ashley has his fingers in this company.

Absolutely astonishing if we lost this. 2500 season tickets down the swanny. Hopefully it won’t come to this

Company is at it clearly Rangers have said they would reimburse costs they are changing there arm

Reactions: AEW

I can’t help think that the club are correct here.
That was never the purpose of the statue.
Or, have I misinterpreted the post?

I guess the court decides. Insane if anyone at club signed off on this BEFORE they saw the plans and he companies work.

It has been reported that planning permission was granted over a year ago. Not an expert on these things but I assume that means plans were submitted to the council.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-create-memorial-garden-pay-12201948

Glasgow City Council have approved the plans which will also give families the chance to choose Ibrox as the final resting place for the ashes of their loved ones.

"... planning document said: “The proposal was considered to be in accordance with the Development Plan and there were no material considerations which outweighed the proposal’s accordance with the Development Plan.”

I can’t help think that the club are correct here.
That was never the purpose of the statue.
Or, have I misinterpreted the post?
In the original plans, there was no John Greig statue in the memorial garden - was there?

High five is inappropriate but I guess there was a bit of thought given to it . Like fans tapping the exits etc maybe along those lines.
But not as part of a memorial

Is the company Memorial Walls Ltd, Northampton?
If so, according to their accounts they are a dormant company (26/02/2019)

Edit: Definitely same company, they've been dormant for last 2 years! May be the company was set up specifically for the Rangers contract. A bit 'iffy'.

Last edited:
In the original plans, there was no John Greig statue in the memorial garden - was there?
Whether there was or wasn’t, or whether we’re discussing the current statue,
My point is the same.
The statue is to commemorate a very solemn event.
A remembrance.
Not for playful high-giving on the way post.

I suspect the company's were knocked back on their design .Rangers went to another ,which has received planning permission and the original company is trying to get as much back as the can. They probably have well over inflated their costs ,typical building dispute but most sorted before they go to court.

Whether there was or wasn’t, or whether we’re discussing the current statue,
My point is the same.
The statue is to commemorate a very solemn event.
A remembrance.
Not for playful high-giving on the way post.
Why would the current statue be getting touched? Am I missing something?

WTF?

Get this sorted ASAP, this is the last thing we need at the moment when we’re trying to build a title winning team

I don't really understand what's going on here. Are the club at fault here or is this another company thinking we're a soft touch.

Might be missing something but I can't really see why people are so quick to blame the board.

Think i found it on planning portal?

Is it the slate wall with the names of the victims, and Grieg picture on it?

Can see where The club are coming from if it is.

If this is true - if - it’s a total shambles and shows what nick we were in (or are still in?). Signed a contract without knowing what was being delivered. Or that could be even changed? £1m quid as well.

Do expand then.

There was no plans to put a new statue of Greig in the memorial garden, and there is absolutely no reason why we would touch the current one.
You’ve never walked by the statue as seen fans touch it?

Must have been signed and a contractual agreement in place for it to go to court

people get paid to do their job if they cant they are told to resign or get the sack not knowing the facts here if any body involved with this on our side has made a mess of this they must pay the price but in saying that i dont know anything about the dispute hopefully the outherside are at fault

Latest posts

Back