Rangers boss Gerrard backs Premiership rivals after Lennon and McInnes claims

STEVEN GERRARD has defended Premiership rivals over Covid-19 safety fears — and says clubs have gone “above and beyond”.
Hampden’s Joint Response Group has asked teams to conduct an urgent review of procedures after complaints from bosses Neil Lennon and Derek McInnes.
⚠️
Rangers boss Gerrard says clubs have gone above and beyond

But Rangers manager Gerrard takes a different view and revealed he’s had no issues at any away grounds this season.
He said: “We have been very satisfied. I think you can see all the efforts across the board. Everyone’s doing whatever they can in their own situation and going above and beyond to try and make it as safe as possible for everyone visiting the grounds.
“It’s none of my business to comment on what other clubs are doing, but I have been impressed by the effort everyone has tried to make.
“Our focus has been very much on trying to make Rangers the best and safest place for people to come in, to give people the best areas and try to treat them as best as we can.

“I’ve been so impressed by our medical department, led by Dr Mark Waller, in terms of what they have done and given through this pandemic.
“They have tried to make Ibrox the best and safest place for our own players and staff, but also for people coming in from a distance.”

Compare and contrast.

Gerrard is everything we have come to expect of a Rangers manager.

So proud he’s our guy :)

Still on the subject but more to the point.
I didn’t know until this week that the joint response group didn’t have a government input.
Keeping football going should be the main objective of the group, so,
Wouldnt you have sent an inspector to all the grounds to advise and assess each club’s facilities.?
Now we have them telling the clubs to review and send a report on themselves into hampden.

Well done Gaffer.

Chewbaccy and McInnes didn’t have the decency to highlight potential concerns to the clubs

Shows the make up of them. Pair of pricks

the gaffer showing his class, as expected.

Separately (and I'm sure someone's probably pointed this out already), why has the JRG asked teams to review their protocols simply on the back of a rant by an unhinged lunatic (especially as the club's TLB named refuted the allegations)? Surely they should be reacting on the back of solid evidence rather than pish spouted by idiots trying to deflect attention from themselves?

STEVEN GERRARD has defended Premiership rivals over Covid-19 safety fears — and says clubs have gone “above and beyond”.
Hampden’s Joint Response Group has asked teams to conduct an urgent review of procedures after complaints from bosses Neil Lennon and Derek McInnes.
⚠️
Rangers boss Gerrard says clubs have gone above and beyond

But Rangers manager Gerrard takes a different view and revealed he’s had no issues at any away grounds this season.
He said: “We have been very satisfied. I think you can see all the efforts across the board. Everyone’s doing whatever they can in their own situation and going above and beyond to try and make it as safe as possible for everyone visiting the grounds.
“It’s none of my business to comment on what other clubs are doing, but I have been impressed by the effort everyone has tried to make.
“Our focus has been very much on trying to make Rangers the best and safest place for people to come in, to give people the best areas and try to treat them as best as we can.

“I’ve been so impressed by our medical department, led by Dr Mark Waller, in terms of what they have done and given through this pandemic.
“They have tried to make Ibrox the best and safest place for our own players and staff, but also for people coming in from a distance.”

The man just oozes class and handled this topic perfectly.

Well done Gaffer.

The complaints come from 2 sides on the slide, who I'd say would be content to see a null and void.
The sheep would be happy with that just to stop them sliding further down the table.
As for the filth, they know 10iar is long gone, but there's one thing they've long wanted to do much more than that. Their deepest desire is to prevent their greatest nightmare, 55!

He is a big reason the media are a lot less snidey these days.

You just can’t find fault with him or his common sense statements and if you do you end up looking like a Dick

Well played gaffer!

Lennon and McInnes blaming others to deflect from their clubs failings, well done Gerrard for praising smaller clubs efforts in these difficult times.

Back