Rangers/Bury the highlights and lowlights

Flashman

Hello, I love nothing more than hearing a great yarn from other sets of supporters. Having joined this forum it is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of what must be an absolute wealth of tales following Rangers home, away and across Europe.

So (my fellow Shakers feel free to join in)

First Rangers game, score, opposition and year, any stand out memories?

First proper away day in a Rangers away end?

Favourite moment watching Rangers?

Lowest point?

Favourite Derby day memory?

Worst Derby day memory?

Favourite European night?

Any random games that stand out as being favourites (excluding derby days, cup finals European nights etc). It might have been a great game, a good drinking session before and after or a real backs to the wall performance.

I'll provide some answers when I've read a few Rangers posts, look forward to reading replies.

Like I say, any Shakers feel free to join in with your contribution from following Bury.

In recent times, there was no better a game than the 1-0 against the Tim's Dec 29th. When Ryan Jack put the ball in the back of the net, it was years of pain offloaded.

European game in recent years would be versus braga, for many different reasons. But, the atmosphere when Hagi dragged 50k back into the bear pit? Goosebumps. That's the European night's that I remember from pre 2012, all over again.

Actually, what are your memories from 2008 uefa Cup final in Manchester. Was it weird seeing half of Scotland descend on Manc? Any stories from that day from your side?

In recent times, there was no better a game than the 1-0 against the Tim's Dec 29th. When Ryan Jack put the ball in the back of the net, it was years of pain offloaded.

European game in recent years would be versus braga, for many different reasons. But, the atmosphere when Hagi dragged 50k back into the bear pit? Goosebumps. That's the European night's that I remember from pre 2012, all over again.

Actually, what are your memories from 2008 uefa Cup final in Manchester. Was it weird seeing half of Scotland descend on Manc? Any stories from that day from your side?

I was taking the first of my final three exams at Salford Uni. The exam finished around midday and as we walked past the campus waves of cars were driving past beeping their horns and cheering and waving flags at us. It was pretty spectacular to witness.
I was in the student union that night when I first caught a glance on the news of what had been happening.
I met a mate at Oyster Bar in Manchester the next day.

Furthest back that I remember (although I know it wasn't my first ever)was as a 7 year old at Ibrox in 1967 against the midgy rakers. I can recall Sandy Jardine scoring a screamer in a 2-2 draw in pissing rain.
Unfortunately the tramps won the league that day.

Memory's a bit hazy for the away game. Again it wouldn't be my first but my earliest recollection would be Fir Park circa 1970/71. Gers won 4-2.

Favourite moment is tough. So many to choose from.
Probably helicopter sunday, even though I wasn't there.

Lowest point is easy for every bear. No need to explain.

Match wise, probably losing 4-2 at the tramphitheatre to give them the league.
More recently it would be losing to Hibs in the cup final after leading and the scandal that followed that game.

Favourite Euro night. I was probably still a bit too young to fully appreciate winning the cup winners cup.

I'll plump for pumping Dynamo Kiev.

Special mentions for the Marseilles and Braga comebacks and Playing Bayern Munich off the park a couple of times.

Back