Rangers/Castore store opening in Falkirk

Where abouts in the howagte is it going ? I think this would suggest that castore will be out kit manufacturer for a good few season yet.

Sorry if there’s been a thread on this as must have missed it.

Seems a bit of a strange one to me.

I’m from Falkirk and the howgate centre is dying. Can’t be much foot fall at all.

I think this will do very well mate. There is a massive Rangers following in the Falkirk/Stirling/Clackmannanshire area as you know. People will travel a much shorter difference to specifically go there where they maybe wouldn't for the Glasgow shop or Ibrox.

Obviously just need to make sure it has plenty of stock.

Where abouts in the howagte is it going ? I think this would suggest that castore will be out kit manufacturer for a good few season yet.

After the comments made at the recent fans forum, I don't think that was in any doubt.

I think this will do very well mate. There is a massive Rangers following in the Falkirk/Stirling/Clackmannanshire area as you know. People will travel a much shorter difference to specifically go there where they maybe wouldn't for the Glasgow shop or Ibrox.

Obviously just need to make sure it has plenty of stock.

After the comments made at the recent fans forum, I don't think that was in any doubt.

No doubts about the following in the area as you say but would probably have been better in the thistles as the howgate really is brutal.

Will do well on kit launch days anyway, always been a believer we should have pop ups in every shopping centre in the country on kit launch day.

No doubts about the following in the area as you say but would probably have been better in the thistles as the howgate really is brutal.

Will do well on kit launch days anyway, always been a believer we should have pop ups in every shopping centre in the country on kit launch day.

Wouldn't disagree with that. As has been said above, it maybe came down to cost?

Either way, I'll definitely use it. Sizing up the shirts can be a pain, especially for the wee ones. Somewhere for us to try them on, without going all the way to Glasgow is a definite plus point.

It will hopefully bring to an end of any remaining Bears using SD for our kits.

Wouldn't disagree with that. As has been said above, it maybe came down to cost?

Either way, I'll definitely use it. Sizing up the shirts can be a pain, especially for the wee ones. Somewhere for us to try them on, without going all the way to Glasgow is a definite plus point.

It will hopefully bring to an end of any remaining Bears using SD for our kits.

Aye Stirling would probably be double if not treble what the Howgate would cost to rent..

According to the Falkirk Herald, Castore are advertising for staff on their website. Summer opening.

I remember the old rangers store on the high street 29 years ago. Back when the Grangemouth RSC was massive, more ST's for Ibrox than Falkirk FC combined! :D

Sorry if there’s been a thread on this as must have missed it.

Seems a bit of a strange one to me.

I’m from Falkirk and the howgate centre is dying. Can’t be much foot fall at all.
That’s not the centre they’re demolishing then is it? Is it the old BHS one mate that’s getting knocked down?
Used to be in Falkirk a lot but must be 2/3 since I was there.

That’s not the centre they’re demolishing then is it? Is it the old BHS one mate that’s getting knocked down?
Used to be in Falkirk a lot but must be 2/3 since I was there.
Yes Callendar Square is making way for new council offices.
They're cutting school hours to pay for it.
Loved in the area all my life and hate the place. Stirling or (dare I say it) Cumbernauld is more appealing to me these days.

Yeah was one in howgate and one outside, both closed so surprised they are doing a third one, especially when the centre is so poor now.
The previous one closed as Murray sold our whole retail operation to JJB, they shut the high street shop and opened a Rangers section in their unit in the retail park which was there until JJB collapsed.

Saw the news about cutting school hours absolutely crazy kids need longer school hours not shorter. Didn’t know that’s where the council was going. What’s happening to the old council offices out towards Camelon? Housing?

Loved in the area all my life and hate the place. Stirling or (dare I say it) Cumbernauld is more appealing to me these days.
I'm the same, born in Falkirk but it is a shit hole now regarding shopping for anything, like you I either go to Cumbernauld, Stirling or Livingston.

Falkirk town centre used to be the place to go, some great shops back in the day, great record shops as well.
Falkirk market was the business as well.
The best thing they could do is getting rid of the pedestrian zone through the high st and making it a road again, it would thrive.
I see some towns down south are doing this and it’s working by bringing more people back to town centres instead of out of town places.

I was walking through Cumbernauld Town Centre yesterday. It was practically deserted. Where are all the shoppers?

Im in bonnybridge and on home kit release day i’ll defo head here instead of Ibrox.

Never mega impressed with the EH store as its very limited the range they stock compared yo online. Hopefully has some decent stuff. When is it opening?

Falkirk town centre used to be the place to go, some great shops back in the day, great record shops as well.
The best thing they could do is getting rid of the pedestrian zone through the high st and making it a road again, it would thrive.
I see some towns down south are doing this and it’s working by bringing more people back to town centres instead of out of town places.
I blame the retail park, it all went downhill when that opened. Also building the Callendar Square, was too ambitious imo.

According to the Falkirk Herald, Castore are advertising for staff on their website. Summer opening.

I remember the old rangers store on the high street 29 years ago. Back when the Grangemouth RSC was massive, more ST's for Ibrox than Falkirk FC combined! :D
I was at the opening of the shop, High Street was packed, Big Amo nearly crapped himself when he saw how big the crowd was.

Sounds great, you'd imagine most of not all the investment will be covered by Castore and Rangers continue to coin part of the profits.
Biggest club in the Country, opening stores around the Country should be admired

An remember my Dad going to the one in the Cow Wynd I’m sure it was

The demise of Falkirk high street started when they opened the retail park, the biggest cut was when Woolworths went bust, since then it's lost most of its big shops, the only thing keeping Boots open is the pharmacy, they can't move that to the retail park as they can't get a licence there as there's already one at Tesco's.

Halfords and Next moving to the retail park didn't help either, Marks and Spencer was the last big one to move out, then Debenhams went bust, the high street and Howgate used to be buzzing on a Saturday, now it's dead.

Hopefully Rangers opening up again will bring some folk back, its still a massive Rangers town, it'll wind up the tims too which is never a bad thing.

Saw the news about cutting school hours absolutely crazy kids need longer school hours not shorter. Didn’t know that’s where the council was going. What’s happening to the old council offices out towards Camelon? Housing?
The old municipal buildings and town hall are completely gone now, supposedly sold for housing.

Falkirk Council are a shambles, cuts left right and centre to everything, now it's community centres, sports pavilions etc, shutting them all but offering them to community groups as asset transfers but then putting so many obstacles in the way during the transfer process to put the groups off.

Going into the Howgate is like stepping through a portal to 1997 :))

There isn’t much in it but it has a bit of a retro charm of simpler times.

Back