Rangers-daft bride to get wed at Ibrox fuming as uncle books his a month before

Just a bride being a bride. Fucking mental cases full of their own self importance. Get it up her.

I find the getting married at Ibrox or any other football venue quite cringe. But each to their own.

The blue room looks good in the picture a few posts above,any worse than a registry office?

Not saying I would do it myself but hopefully somebody I know does and I get an invite :)
Aw that’s really sweet. Brought a genuine tear to my eye. I hope he reads your post and proposes. Good luck mate.

Why? He was getting married, we wanted to get married at Ibrox, so did.

Should he have compromised his life in case it offended this highly sensitive wee (attention seeking) soul?

Feck that
I think he's in the wrong weddings are very important especially to women and he's bound to have known this would cause trouble

I think he's in the wrong weddings are very important especially to women and he's bound to have known this would cause trouble
Maybe his fiancé wanted it also?

You say weddings are really important but yet, the chap doesn’t have the right to have his where he wants?

I’m clearly blinkered but I can’t see the logic on him having to compromise incase it offends someone else. Especially given it doesn’t affect her one bit. She can still have her wedding, wear her dress, have her friends and family there etc etc

So he should have told his prospective bride she’d have to pick another venue - or wait longer - to suit his niece’s plans? Since you say weddings are ‘very important to women’ what about the wishes of his own bride? Who should he give ‘priority’ to?

You say weddings are really important but yet, the chap doesn’t have the right to have his where he wants?

I’m clearly blinkered but I can’t see the logic on him having to compromise incase it offends someone else. Especially given it doesn’t affect her one bit. She can still have her wedding, wear her dress, have her friends and family there etc etc
So he should have told his prospective bride she’d have to pick another venue - or wait longer - to suit his niece’s plans? Since you say weddings are ‘very important to women’ what about the wishes of his own bride? Who should he give ‘priority’ to?
I think he’s in the wrong but as I doesn’t affect me I don’t care so this is my last post on the subject :)

He can have it where he wants. However, he's basically just copied her idea and stolen her thunder which is poor form.

If you'd organised a birthday dinner for your old man at the Ibrox suite and found our your uncle was taking him the night before as he'd heard you were doing it and thought it was a good idea, you'd be a bit miffed too.

I get that brides can be mental about weddings but I think she's got a certain right to be miffed about it.

Whether, separately, she's a complete mental case and deserves derision for other reasons is a completely different matter.

Weddings will immediately have people on here saying "it's not worth it" because they don't care but in the same way that certain things mean more to me, I don't really deride people for enjoying what makes them happy.

I think if anyone had booked something as a special event and someone flew in in front of you and did the same, you'd have a right to have your nose out of joint.

I'd bet that if the question had been "we'd booked a stag do to Berlin with our mates for the end of the month and a guy from the same group who some of the pals cross over with has booked it for the week before to stay in the same hotel" the reactions would have been different.

That said, the blokes who were going to the two stags would likely have just booked up to stay for the full week and got on with it.

I mean I’ll probably get married one day but weddings are such a crock of shit when they become the whole it’s our day pish.

It’s about tying the knot with your loved one and celebrating with family. Who gives a shit if someone else is marrying the day before you never mind the month???

Rangers-daft bride to get wed at Ibrox fuming as uncle books his a month before

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fa...twitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1571134932

The bride was left fuming that her Ibrox wedding has been trumped
But he enraged her by arranging to tie the knot at the Govan ground one month before her.

She was so angry by this betrayal that she has banned him from her wedding "on principle".

Taking to the Blushing Brides Scotland group to vent her fury, she said: "Looking for advice ladies as to whether I'm justified in my choice or being childish.

"I've been engaged for just over a year now. And my wedding is booked for Ibrox Stadium next November.

"My dad has just called to say that my uncle, who is invited and has said he will attend my wedding, has announced that he is now engaged and has booked Ibrox for the month before mine.

"I'm so angry I've uninvited him on principle. I don't have an issue with him getting married there, my issue is he's choosing to do it before mine.

Rangers-daft bride set to get married at Ibrox fuming as uncle swoops in and books stadium for his own wedding one month before
  • Blair Meikle
A RANGERS-supporting bride set to get married at Ibrox has been left fuming after her uncle swooped in and booked the stadium for his own wedding a month before her big day.

The woman had the home of the Gers booked for her nuptials, with invites sent out to all the guests - including the uncle.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/10/Ibrox-wedding-e1571133398994.jpg
The bride was left fuming that her Ibrox wedding has been trumped
But he enraged her by arranging to tie the knot at the Govan ground one month before her.

She was so angry by this betrayal that she has banned him from her wedding "on principle".

Wilson will recommend £2m Hickey to Rangers transfer – with Celtic in line for windfall if Hearts sell starlet
Taking to the Blushing Brides Scotland group to vent her fury, she said: "Looking for advice ladies as to whether I'm justified in my choice or being childish.

"I've been engaged for just over a year now. And my wedding is booked for Ibrox Stadium next November.

"My dad has just called to say that my uncle, who is invited and has said he will attend my wedding, has announced that he is now engaged and has booked Ibrox for the month before mine.

"I'm so angry I've uninvited him on principle. I don't have an issue with him getting married there, my issue is he's choosing to do it before mine.

She had the venue booked before her uncle nipped in ahead

She had the venue booked before her uncle nipped in aheadCredit: Getty Images - Getty
image-1-6.png

"So all the family we share who have never been and seen inside Ibrox will now see it at his wedding and not mine, including my dad.

"Am I overreacting or justified?"

And after asking for opinions she certainly got her wish, with plenty other brides weighing in.

Many did back her up, and one said: "I would be fuming and probably change my date to before and and not tell anyone until nearer the time so it's too late for the other person to change theirs. Yes I'm petty af but who cares?"

image-2-1.png

image-3-1.png

Another wrote: "Nope this is disrespectful to jump in knowingly and do this a month before you're already booked and planned wedding. You must be gutted total kick in the teeth, talk about stealing someone's thunder."

Another said: "Hey Toni, can't imagine how I'd feel with it was me. I think it was rude of him to book it the month before yours, having the same venue is one thing but I think wedding etiquette would not be not booking in before your big day and him not telling you in person."

While another defensive comment read: "I would be annoyed that 1) They just got engaged and booked their wedding month before mine and 2) At the very same venue. I wouldn't get married at at same venue as anyone in my family. I think he should have spoken with him. Tell how you feel?"

But opinions were split and others were equally quick to tell the bride she was being overdramatic.
Non story yawn

I mean I’ll probably get married one day but weddings are such a crock of shit when they become the whole it’s our day pish.

It’s about tying the knot with your loved one and celebrating with family. Who gives a shit if someone else is marrying the day before you never mind the month???

not married and never will even though the kids pester me to marry their mum however its the nuggets that get married more than once than confuse the hell out of me. Why would anyone bother doing it more than once?

My mate has just divorced his third wife, promises never again but i know he will. Absolute fanny imo

Back