Rangers demand compensation from Dundee

Can we get some points as well

This is pathetic imo
I agree - think there could have been other ways to go about it. ALthough if SKY and the league have asked for compensation then why would we be any different.

The club could have taken a different approach and done more to highlight the shambles, outlined the cost to us (time & money) but without asking for the cash back

Should we really be staying in a hotel prior to a game that's being played 2 hours away from our home base?

We’ll get nowt unless “recovering costs” from postponed games in breach of the rules, is also in the rules.

Even if the rules are woolly enough to suggest we might have a case, any SPFL committee/panel/whatever will never in a million years take our side.

Should we really be staying in a hotel prior to a game that's being played 2 hours away from our home base?

That’s up to management and the squad.

If that’s how we do things, that’s how we do things.

Were we supposed to change all our plans “just in case” Dundee couldn’t have a playable pitch?

We are rightly putting them under the spotlight and asking for compensation.

They'll point out it's our choice to stay in a swanky hotel an hour and a half drive away, and they'd be right

We will be laughed out of the place here

my thoughts exactly. A complete nonsense staying away the night before an 8pm kick off the following night especially when we can barely break even financially. I totally get staying the night before a noon ko against ross county but the rest is just a needless extravagance. Also makes us look even more ridiculous when we don't even play well

I agree - think there could have been other ways to go about it. ALthough if SKY and the league have asked for compensation then why would we be any different.

The club could have taken a different approach and done more to highlight the shambles, outlined the cost to us (time & money) but without asking for the cash back
I think this is more about making a point to Dundee that we know their game and what they were up too! If the orginal game had gone ahead I think we would have beaten them and then would have been going in to the Old Firm match sitting on top of the league and the pressure would have been on Celtic.

The fact is, this situation should not even have been allowed to happen and Dundee should have been warned on their 2nd postponement that they risk being kicked of the premier division for breaching the rules and not having a playable pitch to fulfil their match quotas. They had 5 postponements and clubs having to work around them and that's outrageous.

Any cash we get,we could give to Rangers charities.

I get we shouldn't be losing money but at times it the club's own choice to make it own arrangement at time and that applies to any club
Yes and no if it was Europe for example with game called off its the home club who is responsible for costs uefa provide a budget for travel per game but it generally doesn't cover the full costs.
If the game hhas to be rearranged to next day the home club covers costs if it can't be players at home the next day the home club covers costs of an alternative venue.

The first game is prob over reaching but for game to be called off a second time they should be paying costs for both club and fans for that one.

If Sky can’t get their extra costs paid why shouldn’t Rangers too

Supporters have been shafted too and they should be getting reimbursed costs too

Dundee are scum and I don’t trust that cuunt Nelms

He’s far too close to Lieswell and let’s not forget wee Strapon too being involved with both clubs

The pitch debacle was far too coincidental

They'll point out it's our choice to stay in a swanky hotel an hour and a half drive away, and they'd be right

We will be laughed out of the place here
I would agree , it’s not Dundee’s fault we decided to stay there I don’t see why they would be liable for costs. I could see the argument for costs for supporters clubs for the late call offs maybe but I’d say that’s more the SPL as it’s their decisions.

Probably staying in a hotel as we were late to Dundee earlier on in the season and kick-off had to be delayed

Could maybe have felt sympathy for Dundee if they didn't act like cocks through the whole incident. Insisting the second game was going to be on when the whole world knew it would be off should be enough to see them pay compensation

Yes and no if it was Europe for example with game called off its the home club who is responsible for costs uefa provide a budget for travel per game but it generally doesn't cover the full costs.
If the game hhas to be rearranged to next day the home club covers costs if it can't be players at home the next day the home club covers costs of an alternative venue.

The first game is prob over reaching but for game to be called off a second time they should be paying costs for both club and fans for that one.
Understand the European game are slightly different as it involves an team outside of Scotland and it will be same for away game in Europe

But as I said at times it is own personal choice to prepare the way we wish and maybe sometimes have accept that - good luck to the club in trying to get money back

Whether we get recompensed or not, the fact that we're obviously not prepared to take this lying down, should provide a filip to all of us.

We ain't a soft touch to be walked over, as Dundee Peh is about to find out.

And while I'm at it, Feck Dundee Hibs too!

There are a lot more important things happening up here that we should not be taking lying down.

This is way down the list for me.

Probably staying in a hotel as we were late to Dundee earlier on in the season and kick-off had to be delayed

Could maybe have felt sympathy for Dundee if they didn't act like cocks through the whole incident. Insisting the second game was going to be on when the whole world knew it would be off should be enough to see them pay compensation
We stayed at St Andrews the night before the game at Dundee in November and left on time only due to a road traffic accident and some roadworks were we delayed getting to Dundee

They should have forfeited the points to us as well as their original fine.
Or at least thats what would have happened if it was Cellik.

If Sky can’t get their extra costs paid why shouldn’t Rangers too

Supporters have been shafted too and they should be getting reimbursed costs too

Dundee are scum and I don’t trust that cuunt Nelms

He’s far too close to Lieswell and let’s not forget wee Strapon too being involved with both clubs

The pitch debacle was far too coincidental

Celtc sending pitch covers to Dundee was them taking the piss, tbh. Dundee receiving Thumbheid Griffiths to help them out, never mind the spam email corruption says it all. Two horrible corrupt clubs.

Bisgrove scrimping and scraping to get any money he can to pay for ex players to go to Narsa next year.
Seriously, this fixation with Bisgrove is bordering on obsession now. If he has put the claim in he is perfectly justified as I recall many were calling for this after the second postponement.

The Celtic pitch covers was more than taking the piss. It was a deliberate attempt to con Rangers and the SPFL into thinking that the game might go ahead. Dundee & Celtic both knew that their wanky pitch covers would be ineffectual, but we still travelled and wasted 2 days. End result - we drop 2 points and ra Shellick are laughing all the way to the bank.

Fans and supporters clubs should be doing the exact same
They shouldn't have to. The governing body should have made them. They will tell us it's all about the fans, then demonstrate they don't care. Still not as bad as charging twice for the same game!

Not sure why people are having a pop at the club for something that was not our fault? Some of these posts sound like " battered wives syndrome", just looking for something to blame the club for!

I don't think other than one post that used the word 'pathetic', people are having a go at the club.

We are being cheated on a game by game basis by the referees, and as they have just admitted, VAR, too. Butland's booking and the subsequent free kick being but the latest example and not a fecking cheep from the club.

But they decide to make a big deal of this? There's something wrong with our prioritiess here.

Do you think we'd be doing this if we had won the game?

"Dundee have already been fined £150,000 — with £120,000 of the figure suspended — after breaching Hampden rules on the condition of their playing surface"

if they've admitted to breaching it, why is it suspended? our game wasn't their first postponment this season, it was the 4th and 5th. I think I know the reason why with who they are associated with but they should be paying the whole lot

Can we get some points as well

This is pathetic imo

So say you get asked to go work on a site in Perth but you live in Glasgow. You pay for travel and accommodation but when you get there the site cannot be worked on due to weather, a notoriously poor site that has had problems before.

You get told the work will be rearranged for another date but you advise the people in charge that due to the site's reputation you feel the work should be done elsewhere as the current site cannot withstand the elements. This falls on deaf ears and you're told to travel and stay again in Perth, all out your own pocket, on the rearranged date.

Low and behold what you said before happens again and the site can't withstand a bit of rain so you're out of pocket again.

Do you ask for compensation? Of course you do.

Only a pathetic sap wouldn't and would let people walk all over them, as you seem to be.

I don't think other than one post that used the word 'pathetic', people are having a go at the club.

We are being cheated on a game by game basis by the referees, and as they have just admitted, VAR, too. Butland's booking and the subsequent free kick being but the latest example and not a fecking cheep from the club.

But they decide to make a big deal of this? There's something wrong with our prioritiess here.

Do you think we'd be doing this if we had won the game?
Isn't this about us making a point?

I could ask, why did the football authorities let Dundee away with breaching the rules so many times and why didnt they warn them previously after for example, their 2nd call off due to their unplayable pitch?

I would agree , it’s not Dundee’s fault we decided to stay there I don’t see why they would be liable for costs. I could see the argument for costs for supporters clubs for the late call offs maybe but I’d say that’s more the SPL as it’s their decisions.
Fs. Where do you start with all these cnuts breaking their neck to stick up for Dundee and have a go at Rangers?
Give us fucking peace and go and support someone else.

Isn't this about us making a point?

I could ask, why did the football authorities let Dundee away with breaching the rules so many times and why didnt they warn them previously after for example, their 2nd call off due to their unplayable pitch?

Overall, I'm not disagreeing with you. But as I've said elsewhere, we stand to miss out on millions upon millions, at least in part to corrupt refs on the pitch and behind VAR.

Do I want Rangers to soak this mob? Absolutely. But this is a one off compared to what is happening every week.

The squad were late arriving for the game in November because of traffic in Dundee, so staying over was probably a sensible decision.

Negligence, a clear and deliberate failure to comply with SPFL rules resulting in expense to Rangers.
Supporters should sue as well.
OK, so what's the legal basis within the SPFL rules to sue?

What's the legal basis of fans to sue in Scots law?

We moaned like fuck when Ross County failed to take potential bad weather into account and couldn't get to Ibrox for a game. We, and Dundee, knew there was torrential rain forecast including flooding etc.

On top of that, I think it is sometimes ok to just accept we are fans and that the folk running the team might just have a better idea of how to prep for a game than a civil servant who posts on FF. Maybe.

It was our custom and practice to stay there or somewhere similar. Dundee FC would know this. Easily justifiable as reasonable considering the millions at stake.
What you are debating here is the level of compensation.

OK, so what's the legal basis within the SPFL rules to sue?

What's the legal basis of fans to sue in Scots law?
The negligence of the SPFL in failing to enforce their own rules. Are you saying SPFL rules override the law of the land?

Contributory negligence causing damages.

Not sure we have much basis for this claim.

There is really no need for us to be staying overnight at a hotel for a game in Dundee. It's not exactly a long journey. Our players really are pampered.

Back