Rangers fans singing "Go home Ya Huns" to Bayern Munich Ibrox Stadium 1972.

ThorntonMM

Proof that the Rangers fans were singing this back in the early 70s if not earlier. It was certainly sung towards the scum at Ibrox in the match John Greig scored and the rotten mob poured onto the trackside wanting a penalty kick for an earlier incident.
Any Rangers fan that refers to themselves as a hun should be utterly ashamed.

I will back you 100% that we used to sing go home you huns to the Tims.

I still say we should steal walk on from them. When we are playing them the next time we should all start singing it just before they do. That would piss them off no end.

I suggested we sing along to YNWA when Liverpool came to play a friendly at Ibrox a few years ago.

I got banned from here for being a "timposter".

Proof that the Rangers fans were singing this back in the early 70s if not earlier. It was certainly sung towards the scum at Ibrox in the match John Greig scored and the rotten mob poured onto the trackside wanting a penalty kick for an earlier incident.

I agree that Gers fans should not call themselves Huns.

As for 1972 it's a long time ago and those were different times. Things change. Singing that at a German team would most likely be classed as racist now.

Excellent find!

I agree that Gers fans should not call themselves Huns.

As for 1972 it's a long time ago and those were different times. Things change. Singing that at a German team would most likely be classed as racist now.
Yeah, I absolutely agree with that. I was posting the fact that despite the scum claiming otherwise, Rangers fans always sung this until the early 80s.

I remember standing at Ibrox and singing this in the 1970's against celtic.
Definitely sang it those days without question. However as stated that was 50 years ago, times move on and nowadays the ‘ Hun’ word directed at us is offensive language.

All for reclaiming this song, would totally mess with their tiny little minds!!

They'd laugh their heads off at us, after all the time we've spent telling them (rightly) that 'Huns' is used as a sectarian insult against Protestants. It would be a major own goal.

Remember it well.

Something I like to remind them of when I hear them say it.
We should definitely reclaim this

In the 1980 3-0 win against the mentally challengeds that @Rangers Archive Footage has recently uploaded on to YouTube, you can clearly hear the Rangers support singing it to the scum support.

People on here have been saying for months and years, that the term Hun is a racist, bigoted slur and those that use it should be charged with sectarian hatre crimes.

Now, all of a sudden, people want us to start singing it again ?!
NpDTCDA.gif
NpDTCDA.gif

This place is utterly fvcked up at times.

Thats not too long after the war and perfectly acceptable at the time imo.
Maybe not to Germans now. But then theput my Granda in a war camp for 4 years so f**k them nazi c**ts
I live in Germany and I can assure you the most ordinary people hate the Nazis. The nazi's did what all dictators do is rule by creating fear. I don't believe for a second that most liked what happened to their country. It was kill or be killed.

Excellent find!
They were always the huns. I've vague recollections of it being sung to ANY away supporters who were leaving early. No idea how or why it changed.
My recollection is celtic and Hibs in the early 80s, and if someone looks hard enough there is a you tube clip of us beating hibs at Ibrox and were heard singing it before the end . It would be great to find a clip, put it on twitter and start it up again, we were never the Huns

I remember we used to sing "The Huns are getting wet eh I addio the Huns are getting wet" at the old Hamden as their end wasn't covered.

Reactions: 8-1
I think both us and them sang go home ya huns to the other when a game was finishing and the losing team's fans began leaving. To be honest this is neither here nor there now. The issue is they use it as a sectarian slur against us and we should make sure this is highlighted and outlawed. They did it with TBB and the so called famine song.

Anyone arguing for us to start using the term against them is playing right into their hands. Its a stupid idea.

I suggested we sing along to YNWA when Liverpool came to play a friendly at Ibrox a few years ago.

I got banned from here for being a "timposter".

I know that you're not a timposter mate, but your suggestion to sing that was just plain mental.

I know that you're not a timposter mate, but your suggestion to sing that was just plain mental.

I dont agree. The point of singing along with Liverpool fans was to emphasise that the song belongs to Liverpool. The tims would absolutely hate it if we did that.

I go to Southport most years with loyalists from Liverpool. They sing it on the day as do the good people of the Woodvale in Belfast at their bonfire on the 11th night.

The word has now changed forever, there is no going back, it’s now a sectarian slur for Protestants and should be treated as such.

Don’t let the average poet/mentally challenged/bheast or 19th Century Terrorist (delete as how you see fit) on the street forget that.

Now the fact that I’ve used those slurs isn’t for any insult or shock value but to highlight the hypocrisy of the aforementioned, they’ll happily call us Huns yet go apoplectic with rage and shout bigot. They don’t do irony!

I dont agree. The point of singing along with Liverpool fans was to emphasise that the song belongs to Liverpool. The tims would absolutely hate it if we did that.

I go to Southport most years with loyalists from Liverpool. They sing it on the day as do the good people of the Woodvale in Belfast at their bonfire on the 11th night.

99% of Rangers supporters identify that song with the mentally challengeds mate.

No question the mentally challengeds copied it from Liverpool after they met in 1966 ECWC semi final, but if you follow Rangers you identify the song with the scum imo.

The song turns my stomach.

99% of Rangers supporters identify that song with the mentally challengeds mate.

No question the mentally challengeds copied it from Liverpool after they met in 1966 ECWC semi final, but if you follow Rangers you identify the song with the scum imo.

The song turns my stomach.

I think its universally accepted that its a song sung by them and that makes it an anathema for us BUT that's the point. Im not arguing for us to sing it all the time but can you imagine their reaction if we sang along with Liverpool fans when they came to Ibrox? They'd be apopletic with rage and that pleases me.

I remember years ago travelling to Ibrox from Coatbridge, before the M8 was built. Our supporters bus used to travel down the London Road right past the piggery. In those days there was no restriction on us and them both playing at home on the same day at the same time.

Rangers supporters buses would be backed up all the way from Bridgeton to the Golden Gates at Mount Vernon. It was a fantastic sight. The mentally challengeds would be swarming all around us exchanging 'pleasantries'. Now and then some thick Mick would fall to his knees and bless himself. I loved nothing more than giving it back to him while laughing my head off. The reactions were priceless.

My late dad told me of how bill posters saying ‘Go home you huns’ appeared around Glasgow after the Second World War. He was born in 1929, he saw this first hand.

They were aimed at the Irish who bolted home to avoid conscription and were now slipping back into the city to take up the jobs of those who had died during the war.

This escalated with major employers putting ‘No Irish’ notices on their doors.

Reactions: 8-1
I can recall the whole bus singing it as we passed the catholic primary on the way to school. Must have been about 1967/68

Back