Rangers for the league

Aye-Ready

Official Ticketer
We are currently at 33/1 for the league.
I know we've not had the best start and we have a bit to find to compete with them, but only 3 points behind scum after 4 games and I still say they are only a thumb and Sinclair injury away from a crisis.
It's well worth a tenner if you ask me.
Anyone agree it's worth a gamble? ☺️

Cracks have already started appearing in the poet squad. We need to build up our own momentum and see how they handle it WATP

If you could drop a £10 in the street and not lose sleep over it, I'd say go for it.

Yeah, football's a funny old game, but I'd say we've got a distance to go before the title is a realistic prospect.

We are 33/1 for a reason. The reason being Celtic are a country mile ahead of every club in the country, us included.

There is zero chance in my opinion of us going on a long run of winning games.

I think our squad is much better than last season and we will run them closer however I think we are 2 or 3 signings away from winning it this year. Stranger things have happened though.

We are still in with a shout. If we go on an unbeaten run then beat the tims at Ibrox then why no?

Sadly I think you would lose your money.

But then again look at Leicester.

If Griffiths and Sinclair were to get injuries then they would struggle for certain even with Roberts back.

Sadly it seems unlikely. I have a bet running at 9/1 from before the Progres debacle. I will obviously let it run.

its very good value for us but im annoyed the odds are so high. but with regard to cracks appearing i dont see it. They grinded out several results last season and dropped points but they were still miles ahead and wiped the floor with us.

We are still in with a shout. If we go on an unbeaten run then beat the tims at Ibrox then why no?
That's what I believe .
If we can gather a bit of momentum with thistle and Dundee then beat them at Ibrox on the 23rd, I truly believe they will start to crack. They have not had any pressure on them under Rodgers. We know from his time at Liverpool he doesn't handle it very well.
I am a bit of dreamer at times though.
I just stuck £30 on it there as I want th grand and this will pay for a move to bar 72 next year.

which bookie is giving those odds 33/1

Just researched and it is William Hill

Last edited:
Don't think the mhanks can get anywhere close to what the did last season, however - do we have enough to bridge the gap? it's a massive question. One thing I am certain of this season is, that we won't be same side that simply accepted last season results.

i think we will get 2nd comfortably. but 1st maybe just too much to ask for.

we keep mentioning putting them under pressure and that "Brenda will crack" but last season we had no pressure on us to stop their unbeaten run and also in the scottish cup semi and they rolled us over, it was embarrassing. all the pressure was on them and they didnt crack as they were going for an unbeaten treble.

the idea of pressure i think is a myth, if we are to win the league we will have to win the old firm battles. none of this pressue and they will cave crap. just beat them and the momentum will grow.

its not like one defeat will lead to several for them Brenda is a good manager so the one defeat needs to be us who inflict it and WE need to follow it up with a run of victiories.

Let's forget this year and use it to build for next year and the following. We won't get near them this year, but if we can get a win and have two good windows then we have a chance of stopping 8 next year. If we are 30 points behind this year then we are in trouble, but I don't think that will happen.

Cracks have already started appearing in the poet squad. We need to build up our own momentum and see how they handle it WATP

Plenty of cracks have been identified in our own squad.

As ever, we need to worry about ourselves before worrying about them.

They used their luck last season and we are up for the battle, Pedro will have them figured out and alves will coast it come the 23rd

Stranger things have happened but I can't see it. I backed us at the start of the season but it was a free bet. I wouldn't put my hard earned on at this stage.

We'll be closer this year but I still can't see us doing it. Still 3 or 4 players away from a team that can challenge. I'd point out Im not having a go at Pedro or the board here

No chance we'll win the league this season. That's not defeatist, it's realistic.

However, the least we should be looking for is a comfortable second place and a massive reduction in the frankly embarrassing 39 point deficit from last season. That was a shameful gap to the tramps last year.

We are still short to mount a 38 game league title challenge in my opinion, however we are without doubt in a better place to at least compete. We need another transfer window or two to add the extra required quality throughout the squad.

Worth a punt at those odds. Football's a funny old game, I also don't think they're all the mhedia are cracking them up to be.

Let's start beating the diddy teams consistently before we collectively lose the run of ourselves again

I know we've not had the best start and we have a bit to find to compete with them, but only 3 points behind scum after 4 games and I still say they are only a thumb and Sinclair injury away from a crisis.

It is well worth a tenner mate. I'm going to stick a few quid on this.

where weere

Where you getting these odds mate?

Worth a wee score at that price!

It does seem quite high odds and certainly worth a fun bet, not for serious money right enough.... id have thought the price would be about 12 or 14/1.......theres a number of reasons i wouldnt take it though, Craig Thomson, Bobby Madden, Andrew Dallas, Steven McLean, John Beaton, Kevin Clancy...... this group of referees will end any challenge from Rangers, its what they do and they love it. They will also finish any kind of challenge from Aberdeen should that happen.

To win that league we either need brave and honest officials (haha wee bit of banter), Celtic to totally fold or to put a team on the park thats so much stronger than Celtic we can outplay them and beat widespread corruption at the sfa. Thats gonna be tough, very very tough, for any manager even if we had one of the best. Id bet us to come 2nd might be decent odds on that one but take the bet if you think it might win.

A season too soon. If we can stay on their heels right until the wire it will be a major positive.

We've got to put pressure on them and Rodgers.

I must be a right numpty cos I am sure I got way less than that on a Rangers and Man City double.

Watch with they handicap bets, I don't know fully about them but I think with that bet all the teams start on the handicap shown for them, and only one wins it, which could easily be a St Johnstone/Hearts type team.

Back