Rangers have been charged by the Scottish FA over a historic UEFA licensing issue

So the Compliance Officer who appears unaware of an assault on a Rangers player on Sunday, and of Hibernian FC allowing supporters to display a banner with a sectarian message suddenly pulls this out of the back of a filing cabinet?

Awesome stuff - he is sticking to his task well.
Anyone would think we have just made a massive managerial appointment that has grabbed the attention of the whole of the U.K.

There will be a club trying to sue us for losses incurred due to non participation in Europe next.

Just as interest in scottish football was increasing with the potential for future increased TV income this happens.

A fine of between £1k and £5mil, expulsion period from Scottish Cup, also licence to SPFL can be terminated
A fine of £5million awarded to the paedos as reparations for their losses due to missing out, no doubt.

Won't be any expulsions as that'll hit other clubs - oh, wait a minute, most other clubs would willingly harm their own if they thought it would hamper us, so maybe not ruling that out either.

Fine by me. If it can be proven in a court that will shut the dhims up.

Would never see a court, Association rules deal arbitration. No chance they will incur the cost of running this nonsense to arbitration. Rangers will respond, their responses will be considered, the SFA will then drop the charges or the Club can take it to the Court of Arbitration for sport and an arbitrary Judge will hear the case. But the expense involve and limitation issues this not going to happen. I would bet my hoose on it that after Rangers respond they drop it.

This was inevitable given the club's own testimony at the Craig Whyte trial. We appear to have admitted misleading the SFA in the earlier licence discussions. I noticed that at the time. The SFA cannot just ignore it. However nothing will come of it (maybe just a warning/reminder) and we should not get too upset about it.

Perhaps. I do not share your confidence but we'll find out soon enough.

I don't understand this. I thought the mentally challengeds keep saying we are a pyoor new club n that,sevco. How can they charge a club for "offences" committed by a completely different club altogether. Nothing to do with sevco. Ahem.

are there counter claims to be sought?

- unprecendented withholding of prize money whilst other admin event teams are forwarded funds?

- denial of playing in Europe in 2012/2013 for apparently no legitimate reason?

This will be some laugh watching them all work themselves into a shoot over this.

To our own fans, don't worry. This is box ticking for a case that will fall at first hurdle

The Yahoos wanted an apology and compensation as part of Resolution 12. I suspect they are still angling for this. They would relish an apology - either from the SFA or us or both - more than the money, tbh.
If we apologise I’d be done with every board member, sin die. What is interesting is have we learned any lessons and will we go on the front foot for a change. Forgive me for thinking it highly unlikely but let’s see.

I posted in this months ago that they reckon they had us.

That through Whyte there was a grenade left that would mean either we accept whatever punishments that come from this , and remember there is more about to come out, which they reckon will mean very severe punishments. Or we say we are a new club to negate any punishments for Rangers.

I just wish to feck our support would waken up and unite, instead of all the wee cliques falling out over who said this and that about so and so years ago.

And as for the Fighting Fund? WTF happened with that, did they seriously think this had all gone away ?

They were trying to kill our club yesterday , they will be trying the same today, and they most certainly will be trying again tomorrow and the next, and the next..............

We need to unite and fight back.

The Yahoos wanted an apology and compensation as part of Resolution 12. I suspect they are still angling for this. They would relish an apology - either from the SFA or us or both - more than the money, tbh.
The money means they can hinder our rebuilding without needing to invest in their own squad. Handy if they're downsizing their own transfer budget this Summer

Plus, the beggars will never turn down free money

Regardless of the outcome, UEFA areunlikely to take any action over the matter, having a five-year limit on dealing with historic cases.

So it’s a non story then.

Shower of scum should be told to take a long walk off a short pier.

Would never see a court, Association rules deal arbitration. No chance they will incur the cost of running this nonsense to arbitration. Rangers will respond, their responses will be considered, the SFA will then drop the charges or the Club can take it to the Court of Arbitration for sport and an arbitrary Judge will hear the case. But the expense involve and limitation issues this not going to happen. I would bet my hoose on it that after Rangers respond they drop it.

Yeah sorry maybe 'court' was too specific and I more meant officially addressed.

Either way, less ammo for tims.

This will all be to give the poets a platform to sue us for missing out on European cash.

They could have fell at the first hurdle in any CL qualifier. Let's hope they go for it and we demand they're thrown out for covering up child abuse. Shine a light on this corrupt little country.

Rangers will end up paying the charges regardless of any outcome, so that's not going to be an obdtscke for the SFA.

Expect this season's prize money to be withheld as a starting point.

It would be nice to have some clarity on this matter from Rangers.
When Craig Whyte ran us it was a mess. Rangers have already been forced to pay the 250K fine imposed on Whyte by the SFA. That should give us leverage here.
I'd like to fight these guys all the way, and if we can go as far as to take the res 12 mob to court then even better.

So the time limit has passed and yet they pursue this ballix! Time to fight back Rangers!

I don't understand this. I thought the mentally challengeds keep saying we are a pyoor new club n that,sevco. How can they charge a club for "offences" committed by a completely different club altogether. Nothing to do with sevco. Ahem.
Indeed - Sevco only when it suits. Shame on all those past directors who were complicit in this, if proven. Again, this is another example that destroys the 'new club' notion that seems to utterly dominate so many sad lives in this country.

The first move by the new Chief Executive of the SFA. Little wonder the Yahoos were delighted with his appointment.
I think the opposite is true.
Ian Maxwell will join the SFA as Chief Executive on 21st May.
This stinks of Mulraney, Doncaster, Hughes and possibly Petrie pushing this through in a rush while no Chief Executive is in place.
I expect Rangers to come out all guns blazing on this one.

The last paragraph is the only important one.

"Regardless of the outcome, UEFA are unlikely to take any action over the matter, having a five-year limit on dealing with historic cases."

It means they don't have a pot to piss in and this is just a PR exercise to drag us through the mud(again).
am with you on this one...

Back