Rangers have scored twenty goals away from home in Europe this season.

If you were to pick your 20 best performances under Gerrard the away European games would feature heavily imo.

Ufa away when down to 9 men
Porto away
Villarreal away
Feyenoord away
Benfica away

All stunning performances
Porto, Villarreal, feyenoord, benfica....just that list of names is a good indication that we are back where we belong. But then you factor in the results. It’s frankly nuts.

I know it was a one off game at home, but I am putting our result against Galatasary right up there as one of our best in Europe under Gerrard.
Really?.

I never really rated them before the match, thought they were quite lucky to only lose 2-1.

Quite a few has beens in their team got the FF worriers out in force, wasn’t remotely worried about that game, or any game so far to be honest.

Really?.

I never really rated them before the match, thought they were quite lucky to only lose 2-1.

Quite a few has beens in their team got the FF worriers out in force, wasn’t remotely worried about that game, or any game so far to be honest.
You are clearly more confident than me. I hate these early season qualifiers.

You are clearly more confident than me. I hate these early season qualifiers.
I had money on 3-0 against Willem & money on 2-0 against Gala. Tad annoying we conceded so late :))

My thought process is, we are better than these teams so there is no need to worry because only we can beat ourselves.

Even against Benfica, I fancied us pretty strongly & the only reason we didn’t get wins was because of our own mistakes.

Is that 20 goals in 6 games? B-D
Poster must be including qualifiers so yeah, we only scored 7 away in the group.

Ultimately don’t count as EL goals, but still an impressive stat, I’d rather say we’ve scored 11 goals away in 4 proper games :))

If you were to pick your 20 best performances under Gerrard the away European games would feature heavily imo.

Ufa away when down to 9 men
Porto away
Villarreal away
Feyenoord away
Benfica away

All stunning performances

Denmark would be up there too.

Strangely the performances vs Maribor/Legia stick out for me more than the likes of Villarreal/Feyenoord. Both games early on in the season, away to intimidating venues and a controlled professional performance in each game

I had money on 3-0 against Willem & money on 2-0 against Gala. Tad annoying we conceded so late :))

My thought process is, we are better than these teams so there is no need to worry because only we can beat ourselves.

Even against Benfica, I fancied us pretty strongly & the only reason we didn’t get wins was because of our own mistakes.
True, we should have won both games v Benfica. We will get better still but these were missed opportunities.

Really?.

They are a team who have been to the Champion's League group stages (or beyond) 6 times in the last decade, once to the quarter finals.
Obviously teams can lose some of their quality, but it doesn't mean they as a club don't know how to succeed in Europe.

They are a team who have been to the Champion's League group stages (or beyond) 6 times in the last decade, once to the quarter finals.
Obviously teams can lose some of their quality, but it doesn't mean they as a club don't know how to succeed in Europe.
That is true, but I thought (still think) they are a very poor side doing well in a very poor league but then again I rate us incredibly highly.

A huge number and probably not far off the totals scored away under most managers over their Rangers careers!

We are genuinely a side that everyone will want to avoid in this competition now and we can go as far as luck and desire dictates.

Going into the tie with Shkupi, we were rated 206 on the UEFA club coefficient list. We had 0.25 points thanks to going out to Progres in first qualifyng round (thanks Pedro!!) so were classified on the (pathetic) Scottish coefficient

After last night we are rated 55, with 28.25 points.

Porto are now 15. We beat them on aggregate over 2 legs. unbeaten
Leverkeusen 23. Fair enough
Benfica 24. Beat them on away goals over 2 legs. unbeaten
Villareal 33. Beat them on away goals over 2 legs. unbeaten
Braga 41. beat them home and away
Young Boys 49. fair enough - a defensive error in each game turned a win and a draw into a draw and a loss

Standard 65
Feyenoord 68
Spartak 79
Rapid 94
Galatasaray 95
Legia 97
Maribor 107

We should now expect to beat the Feyenoords and Galatasarays

If we do not gain another point this season, the lowest we will start next season is 47th. celtc will start next season below us.

Surely that is the biggest improvement of any team in European football in the last three seasons, including this one

Going into the tie with Shkupi, we were rated 206 on the UEFA club coefficient list. We had 0.25 points thanks to going out to Progres in first qualifyng round (thanks Pedro!!) so were classified on the (pathetic) Scottish coefficient

Young Boys 49. fair enough - a defensive error in each game turned a win and a draw into a draw and a loss

Standard 65
Feyenoord 68
Spartak 79
Rapid 94
Galatasaray 95
Legia 97
Maribor 107

If we do not gain another point this season, the lowest we will start next season is 47th. celtc will start next season below us.

Surely that is the biggest improvement of any team in European football in the last three seasons, including this one
Regardless of domestic football, this itself is why Steven Gerrard is a fantastic football manager.

Standard 65
Feyenoord 68
Spartak 79
Rapid 94
Galatasaray 95
Legia 97
Maribor 107

How likely are we to being seeded in the final qualifying round if we beat Antwerp at Ibrox RFCF ?

Theres only 3 teams we havent beaten on aggregate over the 2 games in 3 years under Gerrard.

Spartak Moscow - In large part thanks to an offside goal that was about 3 yards onside to make it 4-2 just before HT.

Young Boys - Defensive brain fart with the last kick of the ball.

Bayer Leverkusen - Fair enough.

Back