Rangers hero Ally McCoist reveals epic haircut mix-up as Alan Brazil slaughters pal's 'Clockwork Orange' look

BlueMeanie

The Ibrox icon appeared on breakfast radio sporting an accidental new style.

A bald-headed Ally McCoist has recounted the disastrous mix-up that's left him a little thin on top.
The former Rangers star sported an accidental skinhead on Thursday morning and could barely hold back the laughter as he revealed how a case of mistaken identity had cost him dearly.
Appearing on talkSPORT , McCoist was roasted by co-host Alan Brazil, who joked he looked like a character from cult film A Clockwork Orange.
The Ibrox icon admitted being gobsmacked on trip to his regular barber when things took a hilarious turn for the worst.
"Oh man, I've had a disaster," McCoist said grimly.
Brazil asked: "What happened? Well, I can see what happened but how did it happen?"

Like any regular trip for a trim, as it happens.

McCoist said: "I went into my normal barbers, I did Al. I went in, it's a wee Turkish boy in Renfrew.
"I looked him and thought: 'There's something different about him today'.
"I thought it was the same guy, but I can now inform you it wasn't the same guy - it was his brother.
"So, I sat down in the chair-"
But Brazil interjected: "You look like something out of Clockwork Orange!"
McCoist, crestfallen, continued: "Aw man, don't. I sit down, he looks at me and I say: 'Normal one', because I go in all the time.
"He looks at me says: 'All over?'
"I said: 'Yeah'. Al, I'm not kidding you, he got that big razor thing and drew a big tramline, he started right up the middle of my head."
“I went into my normal barber.”

“There was something different.”

“I didn’t know it was his brother!”

“I said ‘Can I get my normal one?’”

“My jaw hit the floor... he thought I’d said ‘number one’!”

The story behind Ally McCoist's new haircut is brilliant
https://twitter.com/SportsBreakfast/status/1202476684609544192

"Once that happens there's no way back," said Brazil, grinning.
"He must've looked at me and my jaw has clearly hit the barber's floor.
"He went: 'Number one?'
"And I went: "Normal one ya stupid-looking...' Anyway, it was a disaster!
"15 years ago, frankly I wouldn't have bothered my bunnet."
"You look alright!", Brazil said, trying to make his pal feel better.
McCoist, however, was having none of it: "But it might not be back, that's my point!"

I love McCoist but this is just made up nonsense.

Who sits down in a barbers and says” normal one”? It doesn’t make any sense unless hes turned into yoda .

File under codswallop .

I say "usual one". Does that count?

It's not beyond the realms of all possibility that he said those words to be fair.

I say "usual one". Does that count?

It's not beyond the realms of all possibility that he said those words to be fair.

you probably say “ just the usual mate “ .

nobody sits down like some maniac and says“ normal one “ :D I refuse to believe that .

With the near £2 million he pocketed from us whilst riding us into a footballing oblivion he could do better than a Turkish place.
Worth every penny and then some mate, we paid millions for prodan, kuznetzov and rozenthal and look at the return. McCoist scored in record numbers, held us together whilst being attacked from all sides and kept trophies in our trophy room. I'd say we owe him forever and if he made £2 million he's worth it. Not wanting to be critical of you but I always think the Ally threads bring out the tims. If you support Rangers your comment shouldn't be what comes to mind at the mention of his name.

I love McCoist but this is just made up nonsense.

Who sits down in a barbers and says” normal one”? It doesn’t make any sense unless hes turned into yoda .

File under codswallop .

"Just the normal one mate" whys that weird?

Not before time Ally.

His comb over was beginning to look ridiculous and he looks far better now having the lot whipped off.

Reactions: TN8
"Just the normal one mate" whys that weird?

that would still be weird but that’s not what he’s saying he said . He said he looked at him and said “ Normal one “ . And the guy said “ all over ?” And he says yes ! None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

that would still be weird but that’s not what he’s saying he said . He said he looked at him and said “ Normal one “ . And the guy said “ all over ?” And he says yes ! None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

Jeezo, ok then mate. I'm not going to phone round all the Turkish barbers in Renfrew to confirm.

Tell me the Barbers story again Ally ...........
cover-image-jzvsj0np-alan_brazil_biopic.jpg

Jeezo, ok then mate. I'm not going to phone round all the Turkish barbers in Renfrew to confirm.

There’s no harm in it , he’s just trying to have a laugh on the wireless . I like listening to him .

I’m just saying it didn’t actually happen . Not a chance . File under the old Italian restaurant “he ordered the Pageone” ....

He has to use clockwork orange, didnt he! Couldn't use any other film with skin heads in it!

Fud

There’s no harm in it , he’s just trying to have a laugh on the wireless . I like listening to him .

I’m just saying it didn’t actually happen . Not a chance . File under the old Italian restaurant “he ordered the Pageone” ....
What happened when he ordered the pageone?

Worth every penny and then some mate, we paid millions for prodan, kuznetzov and rozenthal and look at the return. McCoist scored in record numbers, held us together whilst being attacked from all sides and kept trophies in our trophy room. I'd say we owe him forever and if he made £2 million he's worth it. Not wanting to be critical of you but I always think the Ally threads bring out the tims. If you support Rangers your comment shouldn't be what comes to mind at the mention of his name.
Irrelevant nonsense. Ally looks after Ally. If he cared about Rangers he wouldn’t have fleeced us while tending to his garden.

I don’t dislike him and enjoy him on the radio but I’ve lost all respect for the man who was my favourite player growing up.

I don't get the clockwork orange reference. I think every character in that film has a full head of hair. The main characters all have thick heads of hair.

Back