Rangers inform Juventus they wont sign Ramsey permanently

I didn’t ever think this was a possibility anyway. I seen it as a chance for Juve to move a liability on, the player to get game time in preparation for the World Cup and a move back to the EPL and we would benefit from a world class midfielder in Europe and for the title run in.
Sadly its looking like only one party, if any, will see any benefit at all from this arrangement.

AARON RAMSEY will return to Juventus in the summer with Rangers not prepared to sign him on a permanent basis, reports claim.

The Welshman has played only 94 minutes for the Scottish champions since arriving on a loan on transfer deadline day, and his fitness problems don't seem to be going away.

Ramsey will miss tomorrow's game against St Johnstone and Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst has admitted he doesn't know exactly when the midfielder will be able to return to competitive action.

His only start for the Light Blues came against Annan in the Scottish Cup and he hasn't featured at all since making a late substitute appearance in Gers' first leg win over Borussia Dortmund nearly two weeks ago.

The former Arsenal hero, 31, is on a massive contract with the Italian giants which was reported to be in the region of £400,000 a week but his fitness troubles mean that Juve have effectively paid him £7,000 per MINUTE since he joined from the Gunners.

It's believed the Serie A club are covering most of Ramsey's pay packet while he's in Glasgow.

Come the end of the season Rangers would have had to make a call on whether to keep Ramsey around, with his career in Turin all but over.

However, according to Tuttosport, Ibrox chiefs have already informed Juventus of their decision to NOT make the move permanent and Ramsey will return to Italy in the summer.

From there it's almost certain he moves on but the question will be to where, with the Italian media describing it as a 'definitive point on his future'.
Who floating this story if it were true then what the point of arran staying or bother trying to get fit and help rangers thru the business end of the season rangers need to make a statement on this

I never got the excitement when he signed, call me a pessimist but when we make these kind signings, I'm always firmly in the "Time will tell" camp. Maybe its an age thing, having see so many ups and downs over my 58 yrs.
Right now though, my feeling on this is he can GTFO right now.

Last edited:
I never got the excitement when he signed, call me a pessimist but when when make these kind signings, I'm always firmly in the "time will tell camp". Maybe its an age thing, having see so many ups and downs over my 58 yrs.
Right now though, my feeling on this is he can GTFO right now.

The problem was that, in the excitement and expectation that greeted his arrival, a more moderate response like this - which, to my mind, was the only correct one - would have been unwelcome and ridiculed. His injury strewn career was totally ignored.

Maybe we only offered £350k per week and he thought he was well worth the current £400k a week he earns lol. :):):)

What due diligence did we do here? £2m for six months, will probably work out at £250k per full game played best case scenario.

Latest "reports" say Juve are going to tear up his contract at the end of the season. We'll see....

Likely made up nonsense based on the fact we could not even get close to according him. Maybe he's willing to accept a 95% wage cut (aye right). He still has a year on his contact at 400k PW.

Ramsey came here to try to sell himself to the English market as he had no chance of playing for Juventus. There was never any opportunity to sign him permanently. No team in Scottish football would be able to afford the weekly wage he will still be able to demand.

It’s interesting that Mark Allen’s name has been getting mentioned in different circles.In the last few says.Including even a tweet from Michael Beale.

Allen literally hounded out of the club, and now his signings are the ones mainly we are depending on to get us over the line.

‘It’s a funny old game Saint!’

We’ll be able to afford him with all the spare cash from our “glamour friendly” down under…

Rangers should also inform Ross Wilson they don’t need him permanently.
I should tag threads and posters like the above, just to come back when Ramsey scores a couple against the Scum or sets a few goals up.

And, BTW, it is Gio who selects the players and tactics. It is him and the players who "fail us", not the chap who got (some of) them.

Likewise, why do people seem to think that it is Wilson`s failure that we didn`t sign any "better" player? It's not like players may not want to come, clubs do not want to sell etc.. A month back people were all laughing at Hearts wanting over the top money for Souttar, now some think we should have done exactly that?

Let's be honest we wouldn't be looking to sign him permanently even if we got taken over by a Welsh billionaire who instituted a policy of only signing Welsh players.

This whole Ramsey thing is just bizarre.

The fact we got him at all was weird. The fact he's barely kicked a ball and we're getting no real detail of why he's out and for how long. Now the club supposedly already telling Juventus we're not interested in having him after the loan is up.

Is the guy just a dickhead or something? Is it a Joey Barton-type scenario again?

The problem was that, in the excitement and expectation that greeted his arrival, a more moderate response like this - which, to my mind, was the only correct one - would have been unwelcome and ridiculed. His injury strewn career was totally ignored.

It was because I made it on the night and was ripped to shreds and told I had pretty much failed at life for not being excited and daring to question the value, his Injury record and fitness issues, I was a massive Tim for that. This is a forum for discussion but there's times when discussion isn't allowed and it's all about follow the leader and hell mend you if you don't fall in line with the weekly narrative.

I’m an optimist.
I think Ramsey will be back in time for the two old firm games.
When fit, he’s the best player in Scotland
If we win the two old firm games I’d bet we win the league.
If Ramsey is back on the pitch that means he’s started training again.
He’ll be absolutely gutted to be out right now, he’ll really want the opportunity to play for us.
I appreciate it’s frustrating as hell having him missing from our team but this is all about winning the league.
That’s why he’s here.
Keep the faith, I wish him all the very best and a very quick recovery.

I'll go back to the Dortmund away clash.

He played the last ten minutes or so?

Just helped us play out the game.

He's not kicked a ball since.

I would just love to know how or why?
So would us all,, so happy when we signed him and hardly kicked a ball, fuckin shocking.

I’m an optimist.
I think Ramsey will be back in time for the two old firm games.
When fit, he’s the best player in Scotland
If we win the two old firm games I’d bet we win the league.
If Ramsey is back on the pitch that means he’s started training again.
He’ll be absolutely gutted to be out right now, he’ll really want the opportunity to play for us.
I appreciate it’s frustrating as hell having him missing from our team but this is all about winning the league.
That’s why he’s here.
Keep the faith, I wish him all the very best and a very quick recovery.
A good post mate, I'm an optimist also, nothing makes much sense right now, but hoping he can come back against Aberdeen on Saturday and score/win, that lot are up at Livi on Sunday, you just never know. :)

Back