Rangers into the top 10 merchandise searches in Europe

Here is the reality in all of this if Gola or Dunlop were offering the most money and best merchandising deal then the club would go with it. The prestige or size of the manufacturer has little to do with it other than having the infrastructure to make the numbers of garments that the demand our club would have.

I don’t like Carstore stuff as I think their quality control is poor and the sizing of the shirts is a bit odd. I’ve a number of their items now and I’m a big lad, I’m sure I won’t be the only one to have measured the same size items beside each other and notice an inconsistency in the sizes in both length and width.

I’d love to be with Adidas or Nike with a big sponsorship deal behind it but if I’m honest some of my favourite Rangers gear and best quality has been Umbro

Europe exploits aside having a superb club badge on the shirts & merchandise is a pull to neutrals....as is the colours.
In comparison the East End lot have a plant on their badge (more like a weed) and hoops are for rugby clubs.

Castore will be forever in our debt, yer ok, at the start we needed eachother, but look at where they are now as a brand, a lot more well known the world over than before they teamed up with us. and I think that will stand us in good steed come the next contract negotiation

Castore will be forever in our debt, yer ok, at the start we needed eachother, but look at where they are now as a brand, a lot more well known the world over than before they teamed up with us. and I think that will stand us in good steed come the next contract negotiation
I honestly think castore will one day be up there with your nike and adidas
They are making all the right moves and it won't be long until they get a superclub joining

They certainly owe us for helping launch them .

It amazes me that Nike and/or Adidas are not all over us.

Nike i'm more surprised about, adidas might still be resentful about the way Sir Duped ditched them to jump into bed with Nike. It happens but I think they way Sir Duped did it really got adidas's backs up. Technically we did have Nike back in 2012 but that was under their cheaper umbro label they owned.

I've seen three people walking about London in our kit in the last week. Two young guys about 18-20 on separate occasions with the home top on at the weekend, and last week I saw a little kid around 6/7 walking with his parents with the full kit on.

I've seen three people walking about London in our kit in the last week. Two young guys about 18-20 on separate occasions with the home top on at the weekend, and last week I saw a little kid around 6/7 walking with his parents with the full kit on.
Just back from Turkey no doubt, lol

The more we sell with Castore the more the club makes, tiers above the standard annual payments.

People keep going on about Adidas and Nike but they haven’t seemed that interested in us for years. And if they are, then they weren’t prepared to pay the same/above anyone else. In which case they aren’t that interested

Seen mentally challengeds say that their retail sales were 4/5 times ours

Wouldn’t be like them to lie of course

But surely to %^*& not haha

They also have the England Rugby & Cricket teams, McLaren F1, Wolves, Villa, Leverkusen and Seville. They have a few Golfers on Tour wearing their gear too.
Seems like they are spreading those wings pretty quickly.
And adding some rugby league clubs here too now.
I'd hoped with adding them we might see Rangers tops in the sports shops here again, but alas no.

Nike gave us some quality strips. The adidas strips although iconic due to the achievements of the teams who wore them, were too gimmicky.

Last edited:
The amount tops bought before Seville must have been in the hundreds of thousands

I bought 3 bought my daughter 2

Great exposure for the club

Bet we won many fans over europe after the semi final win liepzig they must have been in awe of the atmosphere we created and the scenes at final whistle will live with me forever

Seen mentally challengeds say that their retail sales were 4/5 times ours

Wouldn’t be like them to lie of course

But surely to %^*& not haha
They are liars from the cradle to the grave. If that were the case their rancid club would be all over it releasing to the press and all over social media. The truth is the only time they’ve sold more kits was when we were boycotting due to Ashley and Sports Direct.

I have quite a number of non Rangers Castore garments and the quality is absolutely fantastic. I know there’s been issues for some and others have also jumped on the ‘poor quality’ argument even although they haven’t bought anything.
Design of kits needs more thought I’ll give you that but I’m really happy we have them and vice versa

Pretty weird metric. It's sales that matter to us. Also Juventus at no. 2 so far ahead of Real Madrid seems iffy.

I'd hoped with adding them we might see Rangers tops in the sports shops here again, but alas no.
What's the feedback
What's the feedback from the two R.L clubs regarding quality?. I think there was shock from the Sydney Roosters fans regarding the prices of the merchandise.

Not sure how they got those figures apart from good PR. It's hard to get really accurate figures.

Approx search results. Google UK only

Rangers 2,7m
Rangers FC 823K
Rangers store 33,100

Power Rangers 74K & Celtic Manor 74K - Some of the Rangers searches are not for Rangers FC the same as the Celtic searches are not all for the football club.

Celtic 1.8m
Celtic FC 673K
Celtic shop 22,200

Manchester United 2.7m
Chelsea 2.7m
Chelsea FC 550K
Liverpool 5m
Liverpool FC 1.8m
Manchester City 368k ( could be search for the city of Manchester info as well)
Manchester City FC fixtures 33,100 & Manchester City FC 14,800
Arsenal 4.1m
Barcelona 673K
Barcelona FC 201K

These are approximate search counts from Google UK. So in the UK there is as much interest in a foreign team like Barcelona as there is for Celtic.

As you would expect the big English clubs generate a lot of searches. Arsenal was really surprisingly high.

Like bathroom scales that may be out by a few pounds. They will still show weight gain or loss. These figures if not 100% accurate still give a good reflection on what the most popular searches are for a good comparison.

What's the feedback

What's the feedback from the two R.L clubs regarding quality?. I think there was shock from the Sydney Roosters fans regarding the prices of the merchandise.
Most that i have seen don't fancy it TBF. But Aussies know heehaw about clothing and fashion in general. The polo shirt i got was probably the best quality in sporting gear that i have ever bought.

Not sure how they got those figures apart from good PR. It's hard to get really accurate figures.

Approx search results. Google UK only

Rangers 2,7m
Rangers FC 823K
Rangers store 33,100

Power Rangers 74K & Celtic Manor 74K - Some of the Rangers searches are not for Rangers FC the same as the Celtic searches are not all for the football club.

Celtic 1.8m
Celtic FC 673K
Celtic shop 22,200

Manchester United 2.7m
Chelsea 2.7m
Chelsea FC 550K
Liverpool 5m
Liverpool FC 1.8m
Manchester City 368k ( could be search for the city of Manchester info as well)
Manchester City FC fixtures 33,100 & Manchester City FC 14,800
Arsenal 4.1m
Barcelona 673K
Barcelona FC 201K

These are approximate search counts from Google UK. So in the UK there is as much interest in a foreign team like Barcelona as there is for Celtic.

As you would expect the big English clubs generate a lot of searches. Arsenal was really surprisingly high.

Like bathroom scales that may be out by a few pounds. They will still show weight gain or loss. These figures if not 100% accurate still give a good reflection on what the most popular searches are for a good comparison.
are they approx weekly ,monthly searches ?

Yep.

We needed each other, and fair play to them because they helped us get back on our feet, whilst we’ve helped them grow.

Gives us demonstrative track record of sales and demand when we go talking to the big boys.

(FWIW, personally I’ve loved most of the gear and think the quality is outstanding. Understand that’s just me personally though)
Agreed. Nothing but positive experience with Castore. Had an issue with some running kit. Replaced no problem. Good communication by email. Great service in Liverpool shop especially.

are they approx weekly ,monthly searches ?

Apparently they are monthly but that seems excessive to me. Hence my bathroom scales comment.

Google never likes to give 100% accurate figures even when you use their advertising tools.

I used 1 research tool for the information (while I was having a coffee break)

There are various tools you can use and they all claim to be the most accurate!

Another tool I have gives different stats. These look more realistic for a monthly search

Rangers 166k
Celtic 161k
Arsenal 498k
Manchester United 280k
Chelsea 350k
Liverpool FC 128K (Liverpool 519K)
Manchester City 75.6K
Tottenham Hotspur 30,8K

How old or accurate are these? - That's the fun of SEO

Apparently they are monthly but that seems excessive to me. Hence my bathroom scales comment.

Google never likes to give 100% accurate figures even when you use their advertising tools.

I used 1 research tool for the information (while I was having a coffee break)

There are various tools you can use and they all claim to be the most accurate!

Another tool I have gives different stats. These look more realistic for a monthly search

Rangers 166k
Celtic 161k
Arsenal 498k
Manchester United 280k
Chelsea 350k
Liverpool FC 128K (Liverpool 519K)
Manchester City 75.6K
Tottenham Hotspur 30,8K

How old or accurate are these? - That's the fun of SEO
Good to see these stats mate ,gives us an idea of his big a club we are .

I'm murray always saying the 5 biggest brands in the UK were Us ,Them,man u ,Liverpool and arsenal.

And I'm not surprised at the arsenal figures ,they are not just huge in London but all over the South East where there aren't too many other big teams around.

Back