Rangers linked with Joe Rothwell

Bit of an over reach to say my post was making him the whipping boy surely.

Just pointing out that because a Youtube video makes him look like he skins people all the time, it doesn't necessarily make it fact as you could pick moments from Aribo, Kamara even Davis probably to make them look that way.

Not at all making him out to be the whipping boy. He's actually been one of the better performers although that isn't saying a lot.
Fair enough mate, maybe picked you up wrong. I could make a video of me playing footie and edit it to make me look like a World beater. And I'm 65 LOL. So you are correct on that.:)

I've never heard of the guy, or seen him linked with anybody else (other than the Brentford thing on here), and that always sets alarm bells ringing for me.

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't because they didn't want to keep him LOL.

he said there is Rothwell, Nyambe, Brereton, Lenihan are all out of contract and all had an extension clause which all were triggered last season

the keeper is out of contract as well but they have a year extension clause as well.

COVID knocked back their plans to re-up all of them, they have tied down 3 or 4 others, but all have been offered decent increases.

he said there is Rothwell, Nyambe, Brereton, Lenihan are all out of contract and all had an extension clause which all were triggered last season

the keeper is out of contract as well but they have a year extension clause as well.

COVID knocked back their plans to re-up all of them, they have tied down 3 or 4 others, but all have been offered decent increases.
Brereton-Diaz is having a cracking season.

Currently of Blackbun Rovers.

Had to look him up. Strong runner with the ball.

Not sure how true the link to us is. Wee video of him anyway

Rarely seen such close control in beating opponents and running with the ball,surrounded by four players multiple times and looking like there was no escape,he simply made a couple of moves,made himself some space and emerged with the ball glued to his feet and the opponents trailing behind.

Having said that,the vast majority of his runs had no final product,whether a pass or a shot.

Rarely seen such close control in beating opponents and running with the ball,surrounded by four players multiple times and looking like there was no escape,he simply made a couple of moves,made himself some space and emerged with the ball glued to his feet and the opponents trailing behind.

Having said that,the vast majority of his runs had no final product,whether a pass or a shot.
Joe Aribo.

It's like being back to the Warburton days being linked with unknown players playing in and around the Championship.

I get the general point, I was just being a di*k.

That said, the English academy player comments that are on here is a bit of a red herring. Players need to start somewhere. Would you put Roofe, Kent, Goldson and Davis in that category or are we just talking about Simpson?

We are club with no money and need to trade,
the board has backed the manager with investors money.
Both Bournemouth players

It's like being back to the Warburton days being linked with unknown players playing in and around the Championship.
If they’re young players with a wad of games under their belt and plenty potential I don’t mind it, such as Aribo

Guys in the middle of their career who have been at that level all their days? No thanks.

I've seen him a couple of times, and cannot see us being interested in him at all. A bottom half of the championship quality player, no doubt about it.

Will be at the Blackburn v Coventry game on 16th, so will keep a closer eye on him to see if I've missed anything obvious, however I'm fairly certain I haven't.

The only players from Blackburn we should give a passing glance to would be Diaz and Dack. The latter I'd have doubt about lack of athleticism for us too.

Armstrong was a great striker but has obviously moved on.

Edit: Just text my mate, who is a ST holder at Ewood and his opinion differs from mine, clearly. Says "very good. One of our best players. Will score 20 goals in the farmers league". Ignoring the standard English arrogance, he rates him highly.

if we win the league we are going to need a better caliber of player

especially in the champions league

Bit of an over reach to say my post was making him the whipping boy surely.

Just pointing out that because a Youtube video makes him look like he skins people all the time, it doesn't necessarily make it fact as you could pick moments from Aribo, Kamara even Davis probably to make them look that way.

Not at all making him out to be the whipping boy. He's actually been one of the better performers although that isn't saying a lot.
Could make Aribo look world class on YouTube, just don’t show his
I've seen him a couple of times, and cannot see us being interested in him at all. A bottom half of the championship quality player, no doubt about it.

Will be at the Blackburn v Coventry game on 16th, so will keep a closer eye on him to see if I've missed anything obvious, however I'm fairly certain I haven't.

The only players from Blackburn we should give a passing glance to would be Diaz and Dack. The latter I'd have doubt about lack of athleticism for us too.

Edit: Just text my mate, who is a ST holder at Ewood and his opinion differs from mine, clearly. Says "very good. One of our best players. Will score 20 goals in the farmers league". Ignoring the standard English arrogance, he rates him highly.
I also txt me mate who has a ST at Ewood and his response was he’s too good for Blackburn

We need to be aiming higher than this. We should be focusing on youth development and overseas talent.
Hagi was an example of getting a good young player with potential from Europe at a decent price with the possibility of a big sell on profit. That should be our business model. Barasic = bargain, Helander = bargain, Morelos = bargain. Lower English leagues are still good for young talent (Aribo) but I’d limit the amount of older players from there who are more difficult to sell on.

No offence, but if this the calibre of players that will be replacing the ones that are about to be about of contract, then our European adventures next season... will be short.

We are still toothless up front.
Concerning.

Does our season depend on Morelos finding form
Or Goldson finding any sort of form?

Apparently he was motm?

One side story to this was we were linked with Jed Wallace , great name eh , of Millwall who is also OoC in summer but do these players play the same type of role ? If so maybe one or other or both lol stories are off the mark

Very one footed from those videos and as a previous poster said, not a lot of end product.

Back