Rangers mount new challenge over merchandise.

You would think that our legal team would build a case on what SD havent done- spent £500k on the megastore (the fact it is shut most of the time another point), appointed a full time marketing guy with experience dedicated to us, etc. If the article is accurate then I could see a case for ending the agreement immediately with no comp. Obviously more to it than that sadly!
I think all of the above would only apply when SD are back in the fold,when they break any of the conditions we have the right to terminate the deal,IF this report is correct?

While wishing every disease and ailment under the sun for SD and it’s owner you have to question Rangers advice in running with Elite.

Not really - revenue is coming in which never did under fatso.

Long way to go in these cases. In the meantime the strips are selling like hot cakes everywhere bar Sports Direct.

Not really - revenue is coming in which never did under fatso.

Long way to go in these cases. In the meantime the strips are selling like hot cakes everywhere bar Sports Direct.

Absolutely, the club needed and still needs the income. People need to keep buying.

However I am not convinced that SD will not get some form of compensation for their loss of revenue due to their deal being breached.

Absolutely, the club needed and still needs the income. People need to keep buying.

However I am not convinced that SD will not get some form of compensation for their loss of revenue due to their deal being breached.

SD will do well to prove they would have brought anything like these sums given the boycott.

Either sales were crap in which case the boycott was working or if sales under SD were so good why were the dividends to RR so paultry.

Can’t have it both ways.

I am really not understanding why a court would side with Ashley - the whole deal just doesn't work. It was signed under very dodgy circumstances and was designed to benefit Ashley and nobody else. The club has moved on.

Ashley will get nothing from sales. It's not going to work for him. Just a shame we can't make every aspect of his life and the businesses he owns very, very difficult.

I can't even understand why Ashley has been allowed a monopoly on retail in the UK. He is buying his way into so much it's very much going to be the case that non retail store in the UK doesn't have some of his influence. There is so much wrong with that.

SD will do well to prove they would have brought anything like these sums given the boycott.

Either sales were crap in which case the boycott was working or if sales under SD were so good why were the dividends to RR so paultry.

Can’t have it both ways.

When have you seen justice or common sense in this case.

@BrownBrogues can you explain this in simple terms?

Yes simple really, having lost on the argument over whether SD matched correctly and on time, we appear to now be looking to have the deal ripped up due to Rangers right to do so if SD breached terms and standards or to have terms as per the above wording. The fight against the cretin goes on, in the meantime we continue buying via Elite outlets and JD.

Can Rangers open port cabins directly across from the sports direct megastore on match days ??

One thing that stands out for me is that the Elite deal means Rangers get 20% of all sales with a minimum of £350k a year. With strips at £60ea, it means we get £12 for every strip sold, and we are guaranteed the equivalent of 29,166 strip sales each year. It’s not the best deal in the world, but it’s better than the scenario we were in before, and no doubt Elite factored in the hassle when the deal was negotiated. Once we get rid of Ashley for good, things will be a lot more!

Remember though that in addition to the money from the retail we'll also have a royalty fee from Hummel.

Go into his stores and do as much damage as you can if you are up for it. Not for me of course, I like him, honest

Yes simple really, having lost on the argument over whether SD matched correctly and on time, we appear to now be looking to have the deal ripped up due to Rangers right to do so if SD breached terms and standards or to have terms as per the above wording. The fight against the cretin goes on, in the meantime we continue buying via Elite outlets and JD.

Is it true that we are free come 2020 anyway bud

Greaves as wellBrownbrouges ?

Is it true that we are free come 2020 anyway bud
Apologies if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that another of the issues is that the contract we signed after we paid SDI £3m to buy out the 7 year termination clause gave matching rights to SDI in perpetuity.......i would be absolutely delighted for someone to correct me on this obviously

Just keep on buying our merchandise in the new Belfast, St Enochs shops and the Gersonline website, right up ye Ashley you fat wank.
zzQUayK.gif

Could we not just stop making tops through elite and say, club1872 manufacture what would be the home/away n 3rd strip and with all strips sold, they could hand a cheque over with all profits from strip sales to rangers in the same way we do with the rangers lotto? Surely this means the chunky guy cant take it to court

What do you think Hummel would say about that.

Apologies if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that another of the issues is that the contract we signed after we paid SDI £3m to buy out the 7 year termination clause gave matching rights to SDI in perpetuity.......i would be absolutely delighted for someone to correct me on this obviously
I seem to remember that being stated on here before.

Sorry, but if the St Enoch's shop is already selling everything it can get what would be the point in that.

Because the sports direct megastore is opening on match days selling shite from 2 year ago and frighteningly there are still people going in it.

A couple of pop up shops directly across selling the proper gear would mean these people don’t step foot in the junk shop.

Because the sports direct megastore is opening on match days selling shite from 2 year ago and frighteningly there are still people going in it.

A couple of pop up shops directly across selling the proper gear would mean these people don’t step foot in the junk shop.

Excellent point, I never thought of that.

Could we not just stop making tops through elite and say, club1872 manufacture what would be the home/away n 3rd strip and with all strips sold, they could hand a cheque over with all profits from strip sales to rangers in the same way we do with the rangers lotto? Surely this means the chunky guy cant take it to court
Firstly Elite don't make the tops. Secondly tell us all how Club1872 would manufacture our strips ?

In a fantasy world yes,but in the real world no.

So you're saying that, on paper, would could technically have SDI with us forever...

Surely the way out of it is an under the radar agreement with Elite that Ashley wouldn’t match. Even if an agreement to later increase the % they get later. It is business after all

It also gave the good guys control of the club and got rid of Ashley as a shareholder
Lets be quite honest here,Ashley doesn't give a toss about the retail deal,this is all about screwing Rangers into the ground,dragging the club through the courts for years,he has a huge chip on his shoulder with the club and King and most businesses given the loss in sales Ashley has suffered would have run a mile by now.

We've paid him millions of pounds to terminate a seven year notice period,hundreds of thousands in court costs,brought in a new retail partner in Elite to sell our merch and now also being taken to court by him because of it,courts haven't really went in our favour and probably will go against us again in regards to Elite and after all of that,Ashley is still here.

Surely the way out of it is an under the radar agreement with Elite that Ashley wouldn’t match. Even if an agreement to later increase the % they get later. It is business after all
That's not how it works and would quite quickly see us being in court once again,all documents would have to be legally drawn up and in order for Ashley to equal or better the deal he i'm pretty sure get's to see the terms in order to equal or better the deal.

That's not how it works and would quite quickly see us being in court once again,all documents would have to be legally drawn up and in order for Ashley to equal or better the deal he i'm pretty sure get's to see the terms in order to equal or better the deal.
I know folk mean well but do they really think their wee plan will rid us of this whole tangled web?

We've paid lawyers and QC's hundreds of thousands and we're no further forward.

10k people in his house of Fraser store on the run up to Christmas just browsing would soon get his attention as his tennents, some big brand labels, would not be happy if the 10k window shoppers were having an impact on Christmas sales.

He does, which might cause an issue for some potential partners. If they know their paperwork will be copied to SD.

I know folk mean well but do they really think their wee plan will rid us of this whole tangled web?

We've paid lawyers and QC's hundreds of thousands and we're no further forward.
It's fine mate club1872 will make all our strips and we'll pretend Elite are giving us 90% of all sales so Ashley matches them. :D

It's fine mate club1872 will make all our strips and we'll pretend Elite are giving us 90% of all sales so Ashley matches them. :D

And Hummel will say "Oh well, it was good while it lasted. However if the fan group want to take over we'll just move on".

He does, which might cause an issue for some potential partners. If they know their paperwork will be copied to SD.
That's also my issue and been spoken about on here at length in regards to him seeing what other companys are offering,any company is going to except the best deal financially but i really don't get in some cases to "equal" the deal,what would be the point in that.

I also don't understand how we have to allow Ashley to equal or better any deal,surely any business has a right to pick and choose who they want working with their company.I really don't understand that part.

This has been going on for years and can't see it ending anytime soon and fear that we won't get rid of him and Ashley worst case scenario tyakes over the retail once again to an extent the clubs hands are tied,fans boycotting,no money from retail coming into the club and the club issuing statements telling us how all is well with Ashley and we should buy as normal.

That won't happen as most of the support and those buying merch can't stand the reptile and want him away from the club and there might come a time were the club have exhaused all avenues through court and impossible to get rid of him.

Boycotting doesn't work as it harms the club financially and Ashley is still here,really don't know where we go with this.

That's also my issue and been spoken about on here at length in regards to him seeing what other companys are offering,any company is going to except the best deal financially but i really don't get in some cases to "equal" the deal,what would be the point in that.

I also don't understand how we have to allow Ashley to equal or better any deal,surely any business has a right to pick and choose who they want working with their company.I really don't understand that part.

This has been going on for years and can't see it ending anytime soon and fear that we won't get rid of him and Ashley worst case scenario tyakes over the retail once again to an extent the clubs hands are tied,fans boycotting,no money from retail coming into the club and the club issuing statements telling us how all is well with Ashley and we should buy as normal.

That won't happen as most of the support and those buying merch can't stand the reptile and want him away from the club and there might come a time were the club have exhaused all avenues through court and impossible to get rid of him.

Boycotting doesn't work as it harms the club financially and Ashley is still here,really don't know where we go with this.

Apparently the matching thing isn't that uncommon in football contracts, at least the link someone posted the other day seemed to suggest that.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/a...ghts-from-the-sports-direct-v-rangers-fc-case

Matching Rights

With such sums at stake, suppliers will insist that protections and assurances are in place. As such, most kit licence agreements will usually contain provisions that grant them a preference, or “first right”, to negotiate a renewal of their deal either through a period of exclusivity in which to negotiate an extension or by way of a right of first refusal, otherwise known as a “matching right”, which will entitle them to match any bid that the club receives from a third party. The provision of an exclusivity period is fairly straightforward and non-contentious, the parties simply decide how long the period should last and whether any conditions need to be met to trigger it.

It seems that SD have shafted the club with how onerous the particular contract is though.

If club 1872 or lionbrand could do it on a greater scale, just thinking of ways round about to stop ashley there and then

By marginalising Hummel, breaching their contract, and making it more difficult to get a kit manufacturer ever again. I'm not sure that's taking the long term view.

Back