Rangers new boy Jake Hastie told to 'grow up fast' by shock jock Adrian Durham after Celtic boast

The Young lad has just completed the biggest move he’ll make in his career, he’s gonna have a few quid in the bank and exposure like he couldn’t imagine, he’s having a holiday ffs, he’s 20 years of age!

I like Durham but he’s called this one wrong, let the lad enjoy his big move.

What is it with footballers who can't wait to show the world how pished they can get on holiday?

You're a professional athlete kid, who's just signed for the biggest club in the country ffs.

Time to act like it.

Durham a prick, he only recently was sticking up for British hating mentally challenged James McLean and who amongst us never sang gazzas here for ten in a row?

Ibiza? This isn't 1983. Who the %^*& goes to Ibiza these days? I'm only saying this as the only time I've been to Ibiza was 1983.:))
True story, I 'm pretty sure I saw George Michael there. Club Tropicana and all that.

I don't, I'm too fuukin auld noo.

Bridlington, Leamington spa,Salisbury noo that there are some snazzy haunts and the nightlife ends at 9pm.

That'll do for me Tommy.

Jake, do it on the park for The RANGERS son, not on instagrams or whatever.

He’s a kid half pished on holiday, give him a break you dour faced fuckers

Reading some of the shite on this thread makes my eyes bleed.

Dour faced weirdos.

Some folk on here are in dire need of their hole, fucking hell.

Christ. Tell us how you really feel mate.

He's a daft young lad in Ibiza. It happens. He'll hopefully learn from the fall out from this that you need to be a wee bit more streetwise when representing Rangers.

The day we take lessons from a loudmouth like Durham on what it takes to behave like a Rangers player is the day we should all chuck it.

Christ. Tell us how you really feel mate.

He's a daft young lad in Ibiza. It happens. He'll hopefully learn from the fall out from this that you need to be a wee bit more streetwise when representing Rangers.

No wonder, I thought it would stop, but still folk spouting the same crap hours later.

The day we take lessons from a loudmouth like Durham on what it takes to behave like a Rangers player is the day we should all chuck it.

Durham is a cock mate, but Hastie shouldn't be acting like some Bear away on holiday pished with his mates.

As I said earlier, he's a professional athlete playing at the highest level in this country, with the biggest club in the country.

Everything he now does will be totally scrutinised.

Little wonder fitness levels of footballers are ridiculed and mocked throughout professional sport.

I've seen and heard it for years and always try to defend them, but videos like this just play into the hands of tennis players, runners, gymnasts, triathletes, cyclists and the rest.

You're a professional sportsman playing at a world famous club.

Behave like it Jake.

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder, I thought it would stop, but still folk spouting the same crap hours later.

Don't often disagree with you mate, but I do here.

When you sign for Rangers there's a responsibility and professionalism that comes with it.

Especially n this social media pish circus we now live in.

He's right though. I hate it when players make comments like this only for it to bite them on the arse later, however the boy is on holiday and has probably had a few beers. So let's cut him some slack. He will learn very quickly that as a Rangers player his every move and comment will be under intense scrutiny.

Hastie probably shouldn’t be saying that, these things have a habit of coming back to bite you, however he is a 20 year old lad, never used to the limelight before so I think we can all cut him some slack. It’s almost a nothing incident.

Welcome to Rangers Jake. Where every comment, every action is scrutinised to the 9th degree.

Non story.
Quick word from Stevie and lesson learned before anything that is actually significant is said or done.

I like Durham but he’s called this one wrong, let the lad enjoy his big move.

You like Durham probably because he calls out Celtic but in truth he’s nothing but a shock jock that says controversial things to get attention for his show. He’s just a better version of Sutton.

Don't often disagree with you mate, but I do here.

When you sign for Rangers there's a responsibility and professionalism that comes with it.

Especially n this social media pish circus we now live in.

Its a 10 second clip his pal has stupidly posted whilst they’re enjoying themselves in a club on Holiday, he did nothing wrong other than have a carry on with his pals.

I honestly can’t believe its even a debate.

The best players in the world are now seen on social media letting off steam on holiday, its a long season and they only get a couple of weeks without training.

You like Durham probably because he calls out Celtic but in truth he’s nothing but a shock jock that says controversial things to get attention for his show. He’s just a better version of Sutton.
I know Durham can be a pain,but at least he calls celtic out. Remember after they took a humping of juventus,he had a go at fellow journos for coming out with guff about them being unlucky and they were only doing that because they didnt want the hassle that they would get from the Tim's on social media. He was bang on about that.

He was having the crack with his mate who was calling him our worst ever signing. Non story.

Have to say my first reaction yesterday when I saw the video was along the lines of keep it shut

Talking on the park please, opening himself and us up to ridicule for usual suspects in Scottish media

Win things then talk all we want, all day long if he really wants to!

Reactions: TN8
Is this Durham? Adrian Durham, the FF champion for all things anti-Celtic across the border?

Dont get me wrong, he's the only person on that Radio Station that I like to listen to but at the end of the day he's just another loudmouth shitstirrer.

No chance mate. I would say that the current team's fitness is light years ahead of the squad of pish artists that McCoist assembled, but Andy Murray's fitness (when not injured!) will be on another level from the vast majority of footballers.
You cannot consistently play and win 3,4 or 5 hour tennis matches at the Grand Slam level without having incredible fitness levels. He'll have a whole team of nutritionists, physios, doctors etc helping him peak as required. There are a good few footballers that look after themselves to the highest level, but sadly, few of them are Scottish, and by fuk it shows!
Anyway, hopefully Gerrard has a wee word and the boy goes on to be a star. Good lesson for him and no harm done here. Go and do it.
Mate footballers train everyday for a sport that’s played sometimes twice a week for a year minus the winter break, Murray trains for a sport that requires small bursts of pace in a small area. Footballers cover a large area for a continued period of time

Have to say my first reaction yesterday when I saw the video was along the lines of keep it shut

Talking on the park please, opening himself and us up to ridicule for usual suspects in Scottish media

Win things then talk all we want, all day long if he really wants to!

This for me too. Daft of him.

%^*& sake i really need the football back as I am in dire need of a Rangers game already. Come on kid go and stop those smelly bastards.

A good few Tom English's on here acting as fun police, he's a 20yo boy having a laugh on holiday and Durham just says whatever is controversial for attention.

See that's it. He's a chance of turning into a 50 grand a week player. If it works with us a transfer to England's on the cards.
Barrowfields finest James MacArthur is on 65k a week. When he goes to a party he drinks diet coke. Now James is a water carrier but not a bad player. He's screwed every ounce out of his body and went from the Accies to a multi millionaire. Can these wee fuds not see how it works?

Deary me, what a thing to call a young Rangers player just in the door, whose only "crime" so far is that he's had a few drinks on holiday and said he's here to beat his rivals.

By the way, what is Glenn Hoddle? Everyone on that thread you started about "Nine Ball Poil" is desperate to know.

TalkSPORT host tore into the 20-year-old after he was filmed on holiday claiming he was "here to stop 10-in-a-row".

Jake Hastie has been slammed by loudmouth radio presenter Adrian Durham and told to "grow up fast" after he was filmed on holiday claiming he was "here to stop 10".
The 20-year-old will officially join Rangers from Motherwell when the transfer window opens in two weeks' time and is currently sunning himself in Ibiza following the season's conclusion.
Hastie is one of the hottest prospects in the Scottish game but his boasts on the holiday isle didn't go down well with the shock jock talkSPORT presenter.
In a live stream posted on the Instagram account of former Hearts youngster Rico Quitongo, Hastie declared he's "here to stop 10, ole ole" as he partied at the famous Ocean Beach club.

But Durham told his show this evening: "What about the Rangers new boy, Jake Hastie, he’s been filmed on holiday declaring he will stop Celtic winning ten in a row, no surprise he is teenager, he joins from Motherwell on a free this summer.
"He declared in a video, he is here to stop 10-in-a-row - you’ve just set yourself up for a massive fall.

"Here’s a tip, grow up fast."
Durham is renowned for his bellyaching towards Scottish football. Earlier this year he launched an astonishing attack on Scott Brown and labelled his celebrations after scoring a last minute winner against Kilmarnock as "embarrassing".
Two years ago he collided with former Celtic star and Record Sport columnist Chris Sutton.
Durham took exception to Sutton’s comments on Twitter concerning Arsenal’s 10-2 aggregate defeat to Bayern Munich, suggesting the furore would have been far greater if a Scottish team had suffered the same fate.

The loudmouth DJ hit back in a lengthy radio rant and had a pop at Celtic’s defeat to minnows Lincoln Red Imps in Gibraltar in their Champions League qualifier.
Durham said: "Judging the league by Celtic’s performances is kind of misleading. Celtic are in their best moment in years and have a manager they all think is a genius as Liverpool fans did for a short while.
“So when Celtic lose 7-0 in Barcelona you wonder about the state of the league. Jeez, what would happen to Hamilton? So now Arsenal are in a terrible run of form, a manager the fans were protesting about before the game, crowds are the lowest for years, they aren’t the best England have to offer and recently lost at home to Watford.
“It’s no surprise they got battered, especially after their captain got sent off. Imagine the score if Scott Brown got sent off in Barcelona. Are Arsenal, in the state they’re in, representative of what the Premier League can offer? Of course not and everyone realises it apart from Chris Sutton.
“Celtic are the best Scotland can offer and lost 1-0 to the Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar. Sutton has forgotten that after all the hidings dished out to Motherwell and Ross County."
I hope the whole squad have the same attitude that their here to stop nine in a row and if their not thinking that way then they should ply their trade elsewhere. However, I don't think we need to shout about it to the media as we know they are in the enemy camp and will twist ever word to discredit us. Roll on 55.

Listen it's naive and stupid.

But he is young, probably buzzing that he has signed for us and was drunk on holiday with mates.

We have all got carried away when drunk :D

Mate footballers train everyday for a sport that’s played sometimes twice a week for a year minus the winter break, Murray trains for a sport that requires small bursts of pace in a small area. Footballers cover a large area for a continued period of time

Football is about short sharp bursts too mate.

No footballer is running constantly for 90 minutes.

Midfielders cover about 13-15 km in 90 minutes.

To put things in perspective, olympic walkers cover 20km in 75 minutes.

Fitness levels in football are pretty low compared to other aerobic/anaerobic sports.

It's the individual sport specific skills that make it the greatest game in the world.

He's having a laugh on holiday. Somehow this is a bad thing now.

Rather that having a go at Hastie. I am more confused to why some Rangers fans have a problem with players going on fucking holiday. Or their choice of destination. We've even got someone suggesting that rather than being on holiday at the end of the season the boy should be in training getting ready for the next season. I wonder.

Plays for ANY other teams,and it’s put down as”banter “,and lighthearted,a young man celebrating a big move in his promising career!

Silly from the young lad, but it's no more than that. Young lad enjoying himself before what will be a huge stepup for him.

Hopefully a very early lesson for him to remind him that it's no longer Motherwell he plays for and anything, however innocent will be ridiculed by someone in the press.

Durham has been lent on as he now is leaving the Torbetts alone and turning on us.
Durham hates them and isnt being leant on by any lady's front bottom.

Videos like these always bite us on the arse. We have won %^*& all and stopped nothing yet. I wish all our players would shut up until we actually win the league. Durham was probably thinking along the same lines.

Not a great start to his career at Ibrox. Do your shouting on the oark not from a bar in Ibiza.
Agree,I know it was banter but that type of stuff has a tendency to blow up in one's face. Hope Stevie has a word and should learn to conduct himself now he's with us. He's still to kick a ball in anger for us yet.

True though, daft video,

Can’t imagine Rangers are pleased.
Hastie was always "getting slammed" from the minute the camera was placed in front of him.
Take your pick.

"Hastie slammed for singing about stopping 10 in a row"
"Hastie slammed for admitting Celtic are still miles ahead"
"Hastie slammed after playing Billy big baws and ignoring fans of his new club"

I know which I prefer reading about.
On yourself young man!

A bit stupid but he'll learn.Like the lad and his attitude.I think he'll be battling for a first team place this season.

Give the boy a break.

As many have pointed out in here already, he’s just a young lad - he’ll make mistakes.

He’ll regret the video, but people have been filmed doing/saying much worse.

The number of people on here wanting to pounce on him already though is rather alarming.

Back