Rangers/Parks Vs SPFL/SFA re cinch - any update?

be11y

What's the latest on this, it all seems to have gone very quiet.

I'm sure the lawyers are kept busy and earning their crust, but it's ridiculous how long this is dragging on for.

I wonder if there will be a resolution by the time we win the league!

They have obviously thought about this event, hence the yellow cards for minor contact and turning blind eyes to other teams indiscretions.
I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theories but did wonder last light if there's something more sinister going on, by the way we bring refereed - shirt pulling and no foul given, multiple fouls on our players without any card being shown, whereas out players seem to get cautioned immediately.

cinch have probably had more publicity out of this season than they could have hoped for and are likely quite happy to let it run.

As for the SPFL/SFA I imagine theyre employing their usual strategy of doing nothing and hoping it somehow all works itself out with no effort being required.

I think we should just win the title and christen it the 'Rangers Scottish Premier League'

I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theories but did wonder last light if there's something more sinister going on, by the way we bring refereed - shirt pulling and no foul given, multiple fouls on our players without any card being shown, whereas out players seem to get cautioned immediately.
I don’t think the footballing authorities would see it as a good look if we win the league and refuse to be associated with their major sponsor.

Just saying.

Cinch are in no lose situation, if we win and they aren't on the league title that they sponsor they can claim breach of contract and get all their money back.

The season break being curtailed early, five substitute rule and the way we are refereed highlight's their desperation.

Wondered myself.

As i mentioned in another thread , imagine the embarrassment for these idiots if we win the league and the Main sponsor is nowhere to be seen.
I bet they are desperate to avoid that
I think we can see that from the decisions regarding the winter shutdown, and the decisions from the refs in our games and there’s.

Wondered myself.

As i mentioned in another thread , imagine the embarrassment for these idiots if we win the league and the Main sponsor is nowhere to be seen.
I bet they are desperate to avoid that
They are it's showing in some of there refereeing decisions, most in this country want the filth to win the league.

I don’t think the footballing authorities would see it as a good look if we win the league and refuse to be associated with their major sponsor.

Just saying.

Like we had to give them any more reasons to cheat us. I don't think the bastards will let us win the league this year, far, far too many downright cheating decisions this season to make me think otherwise, how many offside goals and penalties the scum have been given/got away with.

Cinch are in no lose situation, if we win and they aren't on the league title that they sponsor they can claim breach of contract and get all their money back.

The season break being curtailed early, five substitute rule and the way we are refereed highlight's their desperation.
Maybe there's been a memo sent to referee's and linesmen to stop Rangers winning the League at all costs.

Just thinking out loud :rolleyes:

The legal position has not changed.
If the SFA arbitrate, Park’s have to be involved.
Neither the SPFL nor the SFA want that as they cannot silence or sanction Park’s in the same way they can Rangers.
They are stuck and I cannot see this position changing.
At some point cinch might invoke penalty clauses.
That would probably only become public if less money then expected is paid to clubs.

The real question the media should be asking is whether the agency that brokered the deal has been paid and they should also be examining Shifty McLennan’s contacts to that organization.
No chance of that though!!

Maybe there's been a memo sent to referee's and linesmen to stop Rangers winning the League at all costs.

Just thinking out loud :rolleyes:
Not so much memo but interventions by the SFA when a referee errs in a way that is detrimental to their team winning the league. Trial by sportscene is done to scare the refs from making decisions that would possibly give us two clear cut penalties and would prevent their bastardised club from getting a clear cut penalty giving against them, for instance. With SFA ready to relegate refs that don't adhere to the media and their wishes.

When did this last happen?

We need VAR.
The refs that are left are compliant, there used to be cases of refs getting demoted if their media felt that their team should of had a penalty etc.

We definitely need VAR but fundamentally we need a normal authority that governs the game for the betterment of all and not just that bastardised team.

Back